Xbox Sunset Overdrive

Xbox One
Sunset Overdrive has gone gold
Published 2 hours ago. 0 comments.
Open-world game ready for late October release.
Sunset-Overdrive-Gold-Ann.jpg

Sunset Overdrive has completed development, or “gone gold” as it’s generally called, Insomniac Games announced.
The open-world Xbox One game is due out on October 28 in North America and October 31 in Europe.
Watch the ‘gold status’ announcement video below.
[YT]URHZbojq_M8[/YT]
Read More

Xbox One, Clips, Gold Status, Insomniac Games, Microsoft, Sunset Overdrive, Trailers
source: Gematsu

I've been through stages with this game.. First, excitement.. Then "I dunno.." Now back to excitement.

I'm in between. Won't be buying anytime soon but I'm definitely interested and will be looking out for people's opinions.

I want to get it because I want it to sell well. It's so.. New.

I feel this way, too. I was thinking of waiting for Black Friday on this, but it does feel like something worthy of support. But I'm getting Korra and Bayonetta 2 just a few days before it, and The Evil Within a week before that. Not sure if I can stretch the budget for it or not.

I kind of want it to sell well too, just don't want to have to pay full price for that feeling. :csad:

I'm waiting for the reviews.

As dumb as this may sound, I'm probably going to purchase a copy even though I don't have an Xbox One.

Sure my friends do, so I'll probably just leave it at their house and play it from time to time when we hangout. I just really want to support Insomniac.

I kind of want it to sell well too, just don't want to have to pay full price for that feeling. :csad:

You know what I've done in the past. If I had a real feeling for a game, and wanting to support it, I waited on an AAA "must have" title instead, since those will almost always get a big price cut in time for the holidays (got all all of the ACII titles for around $25-30 for Black Friday). These new IPs need more early support than the AAA established ones, at least that's the way I look at it.

I was going to get Call of Duty.. But I'm waiting for a sale. I'll have Halo TMCC and I know I will be putting all of my MP hours into that so it makes little sense to get ET another online driven shooter, Sunset deserves my support more.

Here's what you'll get for pre-ordering Sunset Overdrive

(29 minutes ago)

Tucked within an announcement stating that Xbox One-exclusive action game Sunset Overdrive is now being pressed to retail discs comes information on the game's day one bonus items, its pre-order bonuses and the content-packed Day One Digital Deluxe Edition.

Those who pre-order Sunset Overdrive from the Xbox Live Marketplace will earn two additional weapons, the Hangover, a series of beer cans strapped to an electrified pitchfork, and the Acordes de la Muerte, which is described as a "guitar-with-melting-candles-on-it melee weapon that can bash in the skulls of [your] vilified enemies." Additionally, those who play Sunset Overdrive on launch day will pick up a costume of the game's foul-mouthed yet adorable mascot Fizzie, along with two more weapons.

If you spend $80 for the Day One Digital Deluxe version of Sunset Overdrive, you'll take home all of the aforementioned content, as well as the Season Pass. (The Season Pass normally costs $20 anyway, on top of the base game's $60, so we're not really sure what makes this edition "deluxe.") There's no specific timeframe for when the Season Pass will receive its promised downloadable content additions, but they will include a handful of additional costumes, two new traps and two additional "Amps" which are essentially permanent enhancements that grant your character new abilities, such as additional weapon XP pickups and the ability to smite enemies with divine fury.

Sunset Overdrive is slated to launch on October 28.
[Image: Microsoft]
Sunset Overdrive (Gamescom 2014)

Continue Reading

source: JoyStiq

You know what I've done in the past. If I had a real feeling for a game, and wanting to support it, I waited on an AAA "must have" title instead, since those will almost always get a big price cut in time for the holidays (got all all of the ACII titles for around $25-30 for Black Friday). These new IPs need more early support than the AAA established ones, at least that's the way I look at it.
Sounds like a good strategy. I've always based my new-game buying habits around what I want to support more than anything else. But at the moment I have no time for a fair while and 500+ last gen games to finish/start. It's not worth me buying anything outside of absolute must haves or games that I'll play with friends. :csad:

The only thing that worries me is the familiar mission structure after Destiny I need to be careful about that...

Very happy that this is getting great reviews. I'd pick it up if it weren't for the fact that like 4 AAA titles come out next month.

But it's looking like the Xbone is starting to have more games to pick from then the PS4, all hardware comparisons aside. Between this, Forza H2, MCC next month, and the Dead Rising 3 DLC, i'd say Xbone is winning in the games department. Especially racing games, after Failclub for PS4 bombed.

And review

• GI Rating 9.25

Sunset Overdrive Review

hot-post.png
    xboxone-icon.png

on Oct 27, 2014 at 01:01 AM

Sunset Overdrive is a colorful return to form for Insomniac games, and a hell of an exclusive for Xbox One.
    ... More

also with

source: GI & GT

Last edited:
There's always gotta be the one websiye that gives a game an extreme low compared to other sites, lol.

I'm so happy it's getting good reviews, can't wait to pick it up on my birthday tomorrow. :D

Will be getting it tomorrow as well. BestBuy has a Sunset Overdrive exclusive hat you can pick up for an extra $.99 cents!!! LOL

I really didn't doubt it since Insomniac has such a good track record. I understand their last game or two has been lackluster (don't know myself, never played them), but this seems like something they're pretty at home with: crazy weapons, odd characters, charming world and landscape. I'll pick it up at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"