Super Mario Bros. The Movie

I thought it was okay. Wasnt as bad as people made it out to be. I just didnt like that Dennis Hopper was Koopa.

:dry:
I hated this movie when I was a kid, and I still do.

Hate is such a strong word...:csad:

But I have to ask is it:

X3 kinda hate (I can watch it, but I don't like it.)

Or...

Uwe Boll hate (I just hate it! :cmad:)

I hate it as a video game movie, but I like it as a standalone movie.

It's a level above Uwe Boll's movies. And not by much.

it's really bizarre and make you wonder how the hell they came up with half of it, but it's strangley entertaining.

"first name?"

"mario."

"last name?"

"mario"

"mario mario?" *shrugs* "first name?

"luigi."

"luigi luigi?"

It would be like making Sin City with a neon orange, yellow, pink and light green color scheme and having Jim Carrey play Marv. :huh:

Mario's very essence is cutsey, bright, goofy, cartoony, sweet, flowery, bouncy
And the movie was all dark, grey, cold and disgusting. :huh:

One of the worst adaptations in cinema history.
At least House of the Dead and Street Fighter half-attempted to adhere to the tone and aesthetic of the games.
:huh:

Thought it was the closest adaptation they could get... a new Mario movie can be made now using CGI.... but, still for what it was- I liked it. Seemed like a Tim Burtonesque universe.

This is what I think about this thread.

2823-468x-10.jpg

The movie was kinda dumb:yay:

2848-468x-AWKWARD.jpg

Is it just me or does anyone else see what I see?:huh: :csad:

I thought Samantha Mathis was hot as Princess Toadstool.

Thought it was the closest adaptation they could get... a new Mario movie can be made now using CGI.... but, still for what it was- I liked it. Seemed like a Tim Burtonesque universe.

I'm not even feeling like insulting you or anything. I just honestly don't understand how you could even for a second say th^t. :huh: X 1,000,000.

Maybe.....you've never played the game?

super_mario_brothers.gif

Here are some ideas on how they.....could've gotten "closer":

• The head bad guy should have been a giant lizard instead of the old guy from Easy Rider and Blue Velvet
  • They should have been outside in a sunny, forest-like setting with a bright blue sky, puffy clouds, super green grass, rolling hills like the ones on the Teletubbies, crazy ORIGINAL Willy Wonka flowers and trees.....much like the set designs from the Wizard of Oz (which was made in the 30's and had flying monkeys and midgets and walking trees).
  • They should've had big turtles that they fought, and jumped around weird environments
  • Giant plants should've spit fireballs at them
  • If there's one thing Mario should never be and simply isn't, it's "Burtonesque" :huh:

...why does that make you hate them more?

This may be a huge surprise, but this movie was made a REALLY long time ago.

this movie was great. i like the scene with the 'ba-bomb.'

This is one of those movies I'm gonna have to re-watch. If I'm not mistaken I haven't seen this movie in over ten years. So, I don't know if I would like it now or not. But, anyway, I did like it when it was released. Yeah, it was COMPLETELY different from the game, but I still liked it. :o

i havent watched this movie for at least 10 years.

edit: i read now what the guy said. and i think that it had a lot of elements fro mthe game. but obviously they couldnt make it exactly like the game because then it would be a cartoon.

of the very few valid points that overlong article makes the one about Samantha Mathis is the most valid.

2814-468x-1.jpg

I've thought FOREVER she has to have the most beautiful face of any actress. And one of the most beautiful voices.

Anyway one of the most untrue things that article argues is about Bob Hoskins. He was horribley cast. His accent wasn't good. I've never seen Bob Hoskins do a good accent when he isn't speaking in his own.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Mario Brothers movie at all.

Jerry Ferrara: Mario
14952__turtle_l.jpg

Andy Samberg: Luigi
samberga_m4.jpg

Isla Fisher: Peach
1.jpg

Warwick Davis: Toad
davis.jpg

(and I name because he came to my head even though I know he'd never do it in a million years, because I can't think of anyone else) James Gandolfini: King Koopa/Bowser
tx_soprano01.jpg

and all the goombas played by the same actor, ala the new Willy Wonka:
Goomba3d.jpg

played by he who is bad as can

beetl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member