• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Mario Bros. The Movie

and all the goombas played by the same actor, ala the new Willy Wonka:

played by he who is bad as can

beetl.jpg

F--k, thats one ugly mother...:o

I came upon this article today...thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.destructoid.com/why-the-super-mario-movie-is-an-underappreciated-masterpiece-29694.phtml

What else did everyone think of the movie? Personally, I'm a fan. Although its kinda 'out there' and not what I expected of a Mario Bros. movie, its quite entertaining...even today. :woot:

I used to love this movie as a kid. It was a weird movie, but that was my cup of tea at the time. However, I'm gonna have to re-watch it since I haven't seen it since my childhood.

F--k, thats one ugly mother...:o

how dare you. Beet is one of Gods creatures and he's beautiful.

Beetlejuice_wrestling_dance68e.gif
beetbang0fc.gif
beetcrazy7fe.gif

Beetlejuice_fcc1c1.gif
Beetlejuice_talk68a.gif
beetwin07a.gif

and if you can name anyone who'd be a better Goomba I'd like you to.

He does look like that shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice. lol. :D

He actually goes by the name "Beetlejuice"!!

As for Super Mario Bros. the Movie, I don't hate it, that's for sure. I think it was an interesting re-imagining of the concept, especially how they get them into their red & blue/green & blue outfits.

And I always loved the fact that Luigi got the Princess. Games who have played through the whole game as Luigi, only to have Mario be the one who meets the Princess at the very end know what I'm talking about!

I read John Leguizamo's book, and he talked about how he hated making this movie. For one, the studio wanted the movie to be for kids but the directors (a husband and wife team) wanted the movie to be for adults; there's apparently some stuff they didn't show involving strippers. Plus the directors were constantly arguing with each other and had absolutely no idea was Super Mario Bros. was all about in the first place.

Also, it never occured to me that the last battle with Mario and Luigi vs. Koopa was reminiscent of the last fight in Super Mario World. Plus, I actually liked the movie version of their red and green outfits.

The film was all right. It was better than Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and the rest of those 90s computer game movie trash anyway.

It was OK.
I felt they went completely in the wrong direction though...they gutted a lot of the themes from the game unfortunetly. They should have spoofed it a bit instead of trying to make it serious. It could have been another Kung Fu Hustle type of thing.

Also, it never occured to me that the last battle with Mario and Luigi vs. Koopa was reminiscent of the last fight in Super Mario World. Plus, I actually liked the movie version of their red and green outfits.

I never realized that either.

i actually think the movie has a lot more in common with the game than it gets credit for.

i actually think the movie has a lot more in common with the game than it gets credit for.

It does give a lot of nods to the games but it still fails completely when capturing the tone and feel of the games is concerned.

They seriously could have gone for a wizard of Oz/Labyrinth/Willy Wonka splice tone-wise, and stay true to the games' universe. It could have been cool for gamers and family friendly too (but not necessarilly childish).

I thought this movie was cool. I'm not a huge Mario bros game players so I really couldn't compare it to the games alot.

But one thing I was always mad about was that Koopa was the villain and not Bowser, until I learned just recently that Koopa IS Bowser. I was like WTF. I had no clue they were the same. I thought they just left Bowser out.

But I loved the costumes and fireball guns.

Give Mario to Pixar and let them go wild.
That'll be a Mario movie.

I enjoy the movie. It's hilarious. Mario Mario and Luigi Mario :D

You know what I am trying hard to remeber this film but can't.
Is it on DVD?

Sports doesn't remember much...but remembers it was a disgrace to the games.

i liked it for what it is. i never expected it to be a lot like the game. i never liked whats his name as koopa, would have been better if he was a real dinosaur the entire movie.
mario_bros.jpg

but Bob Hospkins was great and John Leguizomo was likeable. Yoshi looked cool to :)
SMBMovie-Yoshi.jpg
SMBMovie-DaisyYoshi.jpg

I used to love this movie as a kid. It was a weird movie, but that was my cup of tea at the time. However, I'm gonna have to re-watch it since I haven't seen it since my childhood.

The only thing worth watching is the damaged Twin Towers and just how crappy the film is.

Give Mario to Pixar and let them go wild.
That'll be a Mario movie.

Do they stick with the Italian stereotypes?

i liked it for what it is. i never expected it to be a lot like the game. i never liked whats his name as koopa, would have been better if he was a real dinosaur the entire movie.
mario_bros.jpg

but Bob Hospkins was great and John Leguizomo was likeable. Yoshi looked cool to :)
SMBMovie-Yoshi.jpg
SMBMovie-DaisyYoshi.jpg

Koopa scared the living **** out of me when I was a little kid. He was a lot more kid-friendly on TV.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/358/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"