Superhero Musicals!

The Inhumans would’a worked.

After they've gone through all the main Spider Rogues, and are finally down to Hypno-Hustler they should make it a Musical.

74plkq.jpg

IMG+2020+20+01+23+16+34+41+k8gpz.png

Birds of Prey

An Impossibles Musical could work.

Last edited:
All the better. It needs to be a truly interactive experience.

if they did a deadpool musical where he didn't break the fourth wall and talk to the audience, it would be a waste

A Deadpool musical would either be very liberating for the actor, or very stressful. If he has to come up with new fourth-wall breaking material each night and do something unpredictable, then it could put pressure on him. Unless he's someone who is very spontaneous and good with improvisation.

Of course he'd probably repeat some of the same stuff, but if he's going to suddenly come down into the audience and do crazy things with them such as getting them to join in, then he would need to be really creative. Otherwise to think up new things can be a chore.

Goddamnit, now I'm mentally picturing an entire Broadway kickline of Deadpools now. You've ruined comics for me, people. Ruined!

Goddamnit, now I'm mentally picturing an entire Broadway kickline of Deadpools now.!
Reads post ^.
Somehow I bet that already exists on the internet
Search: "Deadpool can-can"

Of course nobody should be surprised, :funny:
Now someone just needs to add the music to it.

Last edited:
Deadpool being what it is, they can actually make a Broadway musical that's canon with the comics and/or the movie franchise.

Dazzler is the obvious one. She should have both a musical and a movie musical.

There's a whole thread here about a Dazzler movie musical where I've discussed it in detail:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537481&highlight=dazzler

It would fit right in with the character and would have huge potential. Imagine how much the whole thing could be boosted with soundtrack albums, singles, a film adaptation (if they don't make the film first) etc.

Now that X-Men will be back under Disney, the time is right for Dazzler to take her spotlight. A version in a theatre could be dazzling with all the laser and light display, roller skating and rock/ disco-infused soundtrack.

[YT]https://youtu.be/dNcl3NMEXPo[/YT]

FYI Jh7058622 Above ^ video doesn't open.

There was a revival of the Superman musical back in 2010 which eliminated a lot of the camp. One of the playwrights responsible for this revival was Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who was a producer during Supergirl's first season and is now an executive producer on Riverdale.

More here:

Superman Musical Revived in Dallas
SUPERMAN-1-popup.jpg

Zakiya Young and Matt Cavenaugh in...revival of “It’s a Bird ... It’s a Plane ... It’s Superman.”
Didn't know it had a revival.
One of the playwrights responsible for this revival was Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who was a producer during Supergirl's first season and is now an executive producer on Riverdale.
I wonder if he was responsible for the Supergirl/Flash Crossover Musical?

Last edited:
Too bad the rights situation would be a mess, but there should be an Avengers vs. Legion of Doom style crossover of just Broadway heroes and villains.

On one side, you'd have Jean Valjean, Elpheba, Annie Oakley, Mr. Mistoffeles, Conrad Birdie and Godspell Jesus, and on the other side you'd have Judge Turpin, Bill Sikes, The Leading Player, Macavity, Madame Morrible, General B.F. Naked and Superstar Judas.

Too bad the rights situation would be a mess, but there should be an Avengers SuperFriends vs. Legion of Doom .

To counter all the accusations of Grimm-Dark-Justice.
We could have had a hit Musical sequel, but the world just wasn't ready for this much awesome spectacle...
The SuperHeroHype Forums
SuperfriendsHBTitle.gif

DmQF0FsVsAI7GG4.jpg

Last edited:
I now have a mental image of Apache Chief, Lobo, Steel, Jonah Hex and Sergeant Rock singing Macho Man and YMCA.

DmQF0FsVsAI7GG4.jpg

I now have a mental image of Apache Chief,.... singing Macho Man and YMCA.

There was a allot of bare legs and chests with HB's Muy Macho Minoriteam
Considering their ethnicities were essentially their costumes. ;)

Superfriends4-1.gif

1oE3Smc.jpg
+
hqJWYlw.png

Plus Rima the jungle girl played by Shakira.
433458e94b1b8eece4bc395e72f6ab92--shakira-sexy-belly-dancers.jpg

NMHake4.jpg

Last edited:
I think something more humorous would work for the stage. Something Deadpool esque.

I want a Deadpool musical.

A Deadpool musical would either be very liberating for the actor, or very stressful. If he has to come up with new fourth-wall breaking material each night and do something unpredictable, then it could put pressure on him. Unless he's someone who is very spontaneous and good with improvisation.

Of course he'd probably repeat some of the same stuff, but if he's going to suddenly come down into the audience and do crazy things with them such as getting them to join in, then he would need to be really creative. Otherwise to think up new things can be a chore.

Goddamnit, now I'm mentally picturing an entire Broadway kickline of Deadpools now. You've ruined comics for me, people. Ruined!

Deadpool being what it is, they can actually make a Broadway musical that's canon with the comics and/or the movie franchise.

-----
Birds-of-Prey-Teaser-Trailer-Harley-Quinn.jpg

Birds-of-Prey-Trailer-1-07.jpg

Birds-of-Prey-Trailer-1-14.jpg

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) film looks like it's channeling a musical.
Also they are using the musical performer incarnation of Black Canary. So although it's not, the set up and somewhat aesthetic is there.

Last edited:
A Night at the Opera!
Before there was Broadway, there was the Opera , so which Opera was the original superhero/masked avenger inspiring theme.

1869- Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung) / Siegfried.
Pretty much the epic heroes quest, orphan, finds sword discovers noble birth, slays the beast, gets the magic ring, even has Valkyrie, Thor, etc. in it!

1874- Die Fledermaus (the Bat) supposedly a scene where some drunk is dressed as a Bat(man), although I can't find it!?

1868- Mefistofele as per Batman Begins

1787- Don Giovanni/Don Juan loose template for Don Diego/Zorro and by extension Bruce Wayne/Batman

1909- /novel/play/musicals The Phantom of the Opera - Parallels several scared or masked revenge bent villain protagonist - Joker, Dr.Doom, Two-Face...

Last edited:
A few more I hadn't heard of:

Starmites: (maybe more Flash Gordon camp inspired)
A typical Earth girl Eleanor feels like she doesn’t fit in, is transported into the world of her favorite comic books by the evil sorcerer Shak Graa
6cfc488fb7b5397d8d4ede51f26e0600.jpg

Brooklynite: A young man who wants to become a superhero and a superhero who’s the head of a team of superheroes who wants to be normal ....
features-large_brooklynite-keyart.jpg

brooklynite0873rt.jpg

Brooklynite0962-Matt-Doyle.jpg

And surprised this one wasn't mentioned.

Apparently this was a regularly occurring phenomena

And I guess in a similar vein, this once counted:funny:
Ninja Turtles "Coming Out of Their Shells," at Radio City
MV5BZmU1OTVlZmYtN2E3ZS00YjNlLWI1NTYtOGUxN2RlOGU4ZTZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc2MzUyNA@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
excuse me but that TMNT show was the FIRST CONCERT i ever went to! lol

excuse me but that TMNT show was the FIRST CONCERT i ever went to! lol
Concert vs. Musical might might be a fine line here, with it's "plot"; Shredder, and his De-Harmonic-Convergence-Converter device, trying steal music from the world, .:funny:
Although the real crime was the "I hate Music" song performed without giving Shredder a killer guitar shredding solo:cool:.
5p7a08.gif

Last edited:
Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but there was a musical based on the Scarlet Pimpernel, who was the very first costumed hero with an alter ego/secret identity in English-language fiction.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but there was a musical based on the Scarlet Pimpernel, who was the very first costumed hero with an alter ego/secret identity in English-language fiction.

Oh yeah, Pimpernel!
Although "first costumed hero"? Pimpernel didn't exactly have a recognizable costumed identity as the Pimpernel.
more random disguises, dressed as an old man, a gypsy woman, a soldier, etc.
(not sure how it's portrayed in the musical) Still his dual identity influence on the others is undeniable.

Was The Count of Monte Cristo ever a musical?
Edit: googled, apparently so, could add him as another: he too is a man wronged (robbed of everything he knew and loved), comes into wealth, creates a secret ID to avenge those (and the world) that wronged him.

And of course their legacy - Old man Wayne lived long enough to also see himself turned into a Musial!

I am Gotham's Darkest Knight
The villains darkest fright
Turn on the Signal Light for, .....Batman!
:funny:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"