The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM2 vs. Other Marvel 2014 Movies - Part 1

ASM2 is much crap like most of the haters point it to be that it's the second most voted Spider-Man movie on IMDB and the first one here on SHH poll.

Don't come saying that's it's IMDB and that you can create two accounts because it's the same thing on Rooten Tomato's which people like to use to judge movie.

Even SM3 that some guys says that is much better is in the last position in both sites.So yeah,ASM2 is by no means the worst CBM ever :o

k673peXl.jpg

You guys can check it for yourselves, I'm sure that you won't feel disappointed.

hatersgonnahate-spiderman-theamazingspiderman-2.gif

Man of Steel is also voted the best Superman film by fans, doesn't mean it's the best Superman film because it's not.

Your opinion is most definitely fact, Levi.

Man of Steel is also voted the best Superman film by fans, doesn't mean it's the best Superman film because it's not.

Some may not ever consider Man of Steel to really be a Superman film...like me. :D

TASM2 was so beloved that Sony pushed TASM3 back two years to retool.

Doesn't mean it's the worse either.

It's fine for people feel disappointed,I understand the reasons that aren't biased right on the face but ignorant hating isn't right lol.

Yeah,SM3 was pushed too after it's brilliant antecessor.

No, it wasn't. SM3 was scheduled for a May 2007 release before SM2 was even released.

Avi Arad said:
“It is a big movie, and we would rather play it safe and talk about 2007 at this point.”

Last edited:
ASM2 is much crap like most of the haters point it to be that it's the second most voted Spider-Man movie on IMDB and the first one here on SHH poll.
I'm not saying it's crap. It with Spider-Man 3 make it my least favorite Spider-Man movies.

And please tell me you're not referencing this thread with all of 52 votes. :o

But let's look at some of the SHH brain trust.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=481331&page=5

312 posters voted X-Men: The Last Stand at 5 out of 5.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=233278

224 posters voted X-Men: Wolverine Origins as 7 or higher.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=379495

729 posters voted Superman Returns as 7 or higher.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=11618976

869 posters voted Spider-Man 3 as 7 or higher.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=11618976

With some of the "fan groups" with these movies, they tend to overhype certain movies.

Don't come saying that's it's IMDB and that you can create two accounts because it's the same thing on Rooten Tomato's which people like to use to judge movie.

Even SM3 that some guys says that is much better is in the last position in both sites.So yeah,ASM2 is by no means the worst CBM ever :o

k673peXl.jpg

You guys can check it for yourselves, I'm sure that you won't feel disappointed.

I agree that it's not the worst CBM ever, but it's certainly not the best CBM ever.

But if we are talking about consensus, on Rotten Tomatoes:
TWS - 7.6
TASM2 - 5.9
DOFP - 7.6
GOTG - 7.7

Which one of these is not like the other?

On Amazon:
TWS - 4.6 out of 5.
TASM2 - 3.3 out of 5
DOFP - 4.3 out of 5
GOTG - 4.7 out of 5

Which one of these is not like the other?

I agree it's not the worst movie, but I find it equally funny when people try to say it's the best CBM or even the best Spider-Man movie.

Last edited:
Really?Why the three years gap then? Wasn't two?

They wanted the extra production time. SM2 had to be pushed back two months from its original May 7, 2004 release date because they couldn't get it done in time.

Dude, I choosed what we had after the movie got released but if you want to wait for a few more couples of years that's okay and my post wasn't towards you,I hardly know what you think about it.What I'm saying is that the movie doesn't deserves the hate it gets when is topping SM2 out there.

That's why I mentioned RT,on it's 70-80s there was hardly any major group of hating but now you see where it did go.

If you don't like it that's perfectly fine,taste is taste after all,but the polls are out there.

And yeah,it's the best Spider-Man movie but CBM? Nope,The Dark Knight has the more than deserved award for that.

Dude, I choosed what we had after the movie got released but if you want to wait for a few more couples of years that's okay and my post wasn't towards you,I hardly know what you think about it.What I'm saying is that the movie doesn't deserves the hate it gets when is topping SM2 out there.
Well I just said, I rank it with SM3 as my least favorite.

The poll on IMDB does have SM2 ahead.

But especially with CBMs, I see movies highly hyped but soon, settles down. I don't think TASM2 is going to have a new renaissance. In a couple of years, I don't see TASM2 being more "understood".

That's why I mentioned RT,on it's 70-80s there was hardly any major group of hating but now you see where it did go.

If you don't like it that's perfectly fine,taste is taste after all,but the polls are out there.

And yeah,it's the best Spider-Man movie but CBM? Nope,The Dark Knight has the more than deserved award for that.
I disagree. I haven't watched SM3 in a while but it's easily beneath SM1, SM2 and even it's predecessor.

And a lot of rankings and polls have TASM2 under the other movies as well. I haven't come across any magazine/internet article saying TASM2 is one of the top movies of the summer. Actually, quite the opposite at best, it's not mentioned and at worst, it's on the worst lists.

k673peXl.jpg

TASM2 is also new. Let's revisit this in 5-10 years.

I mean, if S6 and TASM3 do amazingly well (90+ RT, Better than average box office) people might remember the series as a whole more fondly, kind of like a "pack effect"

Nah, even if...by some ungodly miracle TASM3/S6 is somehow good, it won't make the other two pieces of crap that came before it look good.

I mean, if S6 and TASM3 do amazingly well (90+ RT, Better than average box office) people might remember the series as a whole more fondly, kind of like a "pack effect"

That was the excuse some people were giving Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, "Wait until At World's End comes out, then you'll change your mind on DMC." Unfortunately, AWE was worse than DMC. But even if AWE was really good, a movie should be able to stand on it's own.

I just can't get behind the "conspiracy" that there's a pack mindset against TASM2 and it's cool to dislike it. :huh:

With the success of DOFP, I don't look back at X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand and was like, you know they're not that bad. That's why I really like DOFP because it erased TLS.

TASM2 is also new. Let's revisit this in 5-10 years.

Personally, I don't agree with the numbers, but I'm not gonna try and ignore them or make up some sort of excuse for people liking something more than me. You shouldn't either.

Personally, I don't agree with the numbers, but I'm not gonna try and ignore them or make up some sort of excuse for people liking something more than me. You shouldn't either.

It's not an excuse. It's a fact that new and shiny equals better numbers on sites like IMDB and such. SM2 used to be firmly in IMDB's top 250. That changed a couple years ago. SM3 also had a similar score to TASM2 at one point. Now it doesn't. New movies come and go from IMDB's top 250, and similar polling sites all the time. So, once again...let's revisit these numers in 5-10 years. I bet they're much lower. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it. Not all films stand the test of time. Something like Avengers likely will, but even there, the scores have come down SLIGHTLY on it. TASM2, we shall see if those scores stay.

You gave X-Men: The Last Stand a score of "above average". Do you still feel that way? :o

You gave X-Men: The Last Stand a score of "above average". Do you still feel that way? :o

I actually don't hate X3 nearly as much as some people, LOL! At the very least, it had solid action sequences. But yeah, not a very good movie, LOL! Still like it better than SR though :oldrazz:

It's okay. You were like 19 at the time. You were at party someone suggested X-Men: The Last Stand. You just didn't know any better.

It's not an excuse. It's a fact that new and shiny equals better numbers on sites like IMDB and such. SM2 used to be firmly in IMDB's top 250. That changed a couple years ago. SM3 also had a similar score to TASM2 at one point. Now it doesn't. New movies come and go from IMDB's top 250, and similar polling sites all the time. So, once again...let's revisit these numers in 5-10 years. I bet they're much lower. In fact, I'd almost guarantee it. Not all films stand the test of time. Something like Avengers likely will, but even there, the scores have come down SLIGHTLY on it. TASM2, we shall see if those scores stay.

:yay:

It's okay. You were like 19 at the time. You were at party someone suggested X-Men: The Last Stand. You just didn't know any better.

You know how it is Erz. You're out late at night, looking for kicks. Someone suggests x-Men: The Last Stand... :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"