The Dark Knight TDK UK Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three versions of the DVD and they are all fine for me.

I suggest trying some other DVDs, you might find that your laser has some dust on it.

You can get some laser cleaners from HMV, Zavvi for a couple of pounds.

It really sucks that its not playing for you.

Sarg

So, I got my 3rd copy, and i was watching the movie, and there was NOTHING wrong with it, I happy, really enjoying the movie, then in the last 10 minutes? It started ****ING skipping. It worked again once I removed the disc and put it back in, but i feel like killing someone, I really do, this happens to me EVERY year, and it always seems to be my favourite movie of the year it happens on.

Oh by the way Sarg, I have a laser cleaner, I used it yesterday, still the same, and I have 200 other DVD's that work fine.

Sorry to hear that still isn't working mate.

It really sucks that we have all waited so long for the DVD and you cant enjoy it properly.

I'm watching now TDK on DVD, I have no problems.

Sorry to hear that still isn't working mate.

It really sucks that we have all waited so long for the DVD and you cant enjoy it properly.

I know, it really annoys as I cant enjoy the movie you know? I am even finding myself dreading watching it, pisses me right off.

I'm watching now TDK on DVD, I have no problems.

As usual it seems to be only me having problems.

I suggest you take it back mate and get another copy. If you have Blu-Ray player get TDK on that much better.

^I have already taken it back today and the new copy was fine but for the last 10 mins. And I dont have a Blu-ray player yet and probably wont have one until February/March so thats not an option as of yet. I also bought another copy from HMV and that was terrible also.

^Yeah, but I watched it again tonight and the DVD was fine, this happened with Prince Caspian as well, first few times I watched it, it skipped all the way through, but I watch it now, and its fine, hope this is the case with TDK, it was ok tonight.

I may just keep this copy until I get a Blu-ray player anyway.

How in Gods name did mamma mia trounce all before it?! Outdid Dark Knight and currently stands as the biggest ever box office takings in UK history!! Whats the appeal?!

How in Gods name did mamma mia trounce all before it?! Outdid Dark Knight and currently stands as the biggest ever box office takings in UK history!! Whats the appeal?!

I think you'll find most people who went to see that are women and couples from the generation where ABBA was big. Us Brits do love a bit of nostalgia!

"No NO!!!"

I suppose more females went to see it, I guess us blokes didn't see TDK as they should've.

"No NO!!!"

I suppose more females went to see it, I guess us blokes didn't see TDK as they should've.
Don't tar us ladies all with the same brush. :cwink: Give me TDK over Mamma bloody Mia ANY day of the week.

Okay, I haven't even seen Mamma Mia, and I do like Abba. But Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep attempting to sing does not appeal to me.

In fact - I know plenty of women who have seen TDK multiple times - I know of NONE who have seen Mamma Mia. :cwink:

Don't tar us ladies all with the same brush. :cwink: Give me TDK over Mamma bloody Mia ANY day of the week.

Okay, I haven't even seen Mamma Mia, and I do like Abba. But Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep attempting to sing does not appeal to me.

In fact - I know plenty of women who have seen TDK multiple times - I know of NONE who have seen Mamma Mia. :cwink:

It just that I met lot a women who are not a Bat-fan but again sorry.

It just that I met lot a women who are not a Bat-fan but again sorry.
That's okay! :oldrazz:

There are many, many Nolanverse Batman/Joker and DC Batman communities on sites like Live Journal. All run by women, and full of women. Fangirls I guess you could call us! :cwink: So don't knock us ladies, we're not all into fluffy chick flicks y'know. :hehe:

If you look on the main hype page you'll see a page on Batman rumours and it says they were started in a British newspaper. They ate also some of the worst rumours I have ever heard. I dont know what newspaper but I'm just guessing The Sun. Any other guesses?

Sky news reported today that Eddie Murphy is going to be playing The Riddler in the next film. Amateurs.

If Eddie Murphy were to play The Riddler (please no) he would have to play all the other characters as well, because thats all he can do.

I'm disappointed by UK WB's promotion of the movie, I hardly saw anything on buses, underground, billboards, posters on shops etc... Nothing at all. csad:

I'm disappointed by UK WB's promotion of the movie, I hardly saw anything on buses, underground, billboards, posters on shops etc... Nothing at all. csad:

No change from the Begins era then. Batman Euro marketing is consistently crap, TDK only made money here due to word of mouth and goodwill after its predecessor. And don't get me started on the lack of DVD coverage.

Did anyone watch The IT Crowd tonight, there was a really funny Joker reference on it

No change from the Begins era then. Batman Euro marketing is consistently crap, TDK only made money here due to word of mouth and goodwill after its predecessor. And don't get me started on the lack of DVD coverage.

I hope WB now do better Batman 3 marketing for Europe, not just USA & other countries.

Are you listening WB?!

Yea seeing as the main stars are all British there should be some better advertising.

Off topic: One of the greatest Christmas films is on in 5 minutes on BBC 2. The nightmare before christmas!!!! Check it out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"