Tessa Thompson wants an all female superhero movie

It was amazing.

That being said, I still don't want a Marvel women movie unless they include Invisible woman, Rogue and Storm.

They can just feature them in Avengers 6 and have majority of the team with women. But an all female roster? Thats not gonna happen. This would be more realistic to me if Marvel Comics had a equivalent of Charlie's Angels/Birds of Prey/Spice Girls that they could easily turn to a movie. Even A-Force didn't last long. That moment in Endgame was nice, but lets face it, 9 of the 10 aren't headlining their own film or not the lead of their team films (gotg). Even if when are Invisible Woman, Storm, Rogue and Jean are introduced, the Marvel universe would still be a male dominated world. Its not exactly ideal but thats always been the case in the Marvel comics.

Last edited:
They can just feature them in Avengers 6 and have majority of the team with women. But an all female roster? Thats not gonna happen. This would be more realistic to me if Marvel Comics had a equivalent of Charlie's Angels/Birds of Prey/Spice Girls that they could easily turn to a movie. Even A-Force didn't last long. That moment in Endgame was nice, but lets face it, 9 of the 10 aren't headlining their own film or not the lead of their team films (gotg). Even if when are Invisible Woman, Storm, Rogue and Jean are introduced, the Marvel universe would still be a male dominated world. Its not exactly ideal but thats always been the case in the Marvel comics.
Why not? Captain Marvel was a brand new character and relative unknown to the public and her film came out to massive success. I dont see why a female led Captain Marvel spinoff cant be successful. Black Widow has a builtin fanbase. Throw in any 3 of the other women, such as Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Valkyrie and you have the making of a film that can go on do quite well

Honestly a team of those four is already pretty much a freight train of power on its own. They could take on pretty much any threat. They all have differing enough personalities that it would make for some good comedy also.

Why not? Captain Marvel was a brand new character and relative unknown to the public and her film came out to massive success. I dont see why a female led Captain Marvel spinoff cant be successful. Black Widow has a builtin fanbase. Throw in any 3 of the other women, such as Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Valkyrie and you have the making of a film that can go on do quite well
I was talking about an all female Avengers movie not a Carol Danvers spin off. I'm not saying no one can up with a reason for an all female superhero film, I just don't see why there would suddenly be an all female superhero film from Marvel Stud10s like A-Force.

I was talking about an all female Avengers movie not a Carol Danvers spin off. I'm not saying no one can up with a reason for an all female superhero film, I just don't see why there would suddenly be an all female superhero film from Marvel Stud10s like A-Force.
Same difference. Someone has to be leader and it would likely be her. The name of the film doesn’t matter. A female led team starring these characters can do well. The reason to do it would be to offer something different

And I'm also not saying it wouldn't do well. But you really think there's a possibility that there would be an all female Marvel film and it would feel organic? Right now I don't think so and thats why i don't think its gonna happen.

I'm talking about an all female film not a single female led film. Big difference

A X-Woman would be more possible and less forced as the X-Men actually have a lot of female members in the team especially if thats gonna be the case in the movies as well. And the issue in which the X gals helped Jubilee could be the inspiration for that.

In the MCU. Its just Black Widow and Scarlet or in Endgame (Black Widow and Nebula). Though I'm sure Captain Marvel and Wasp would officially join the team in the future. But still, I can't see an all female Avengers film happening. Would they really feature 5 to 6 female Avengers in leading roles, and have the guys (like BP/Spidey/Strange) in supporting/smaller roles.

And I'm also not saying it wouldn't do well. But you really think there's a possibility that there would be an all female Marvel film and it would feel organic? Right now I don't think so and thats why i don't think its gonna happen.

I'm talking about an all female film not a single female led film. Big difference
Yes. Marvel has done it several times where they've taken unlikely characters with little connections and made an organic plot that works. You dont need a big roster of 8 or so characters which is why a small core group of 4 or 5 is plausible and can be worked out organically. And just bc its female led doesnt mean that there wouldnt be men. They'd just have diminished role with the focus being on the women. Banner and Strange could appear but limited for his knowledge in science and sorcery respectively. Rocket could simply be the pilot of a space ship. The core group where the action and mission focus would be around the women

Eh. Unless they split Avengers in squads, sure. But the Avengers have always been the whos who in the MCU. I don't see them changing it just so they can do a A-Force or Female Avengers movie.

The best chance we would get is another scene in an Avengers movie with all the female together, but an entire movie for themselves? I don't see it happening.

I think an A-Force film would be great but I don't think we'd get it without 4 bonafide hits from 2-4 female led MCU films. I'm guessing if the BW prequel film is a hit, they will find a way to bring her back to team up with Captain Marvel.

Time displacement or something.

I keep forgetting about her. Is she under the Marvel banner or is it an issue like Namor?

She Hulk? the mcu probably can use her but they can't make a movie without Universal distributing the film.

It'd be a good time to introduce She-Hulk.

You know I’ve been thinking about that

Avengers endgame spoilers
so old Hulky has a wounded paw from popping on the infinity glove. Two things you can do, give him a Luke skywalker type hand or give him an ally, namely red she-hulk.

1. It’s a great story
2. Great win for diversity
3. Wow Liv Tyler could come back!

Plus, if there’s a rights issue maybe they could just not call her red she hulk?

Ugh... No to Red She-Hulk, ESPECIALLY before Jen actually makes her debut in the MCU.

Frankly, no to anything Red Hulk related.

I think an A-Force film would be great but I don't think we'd get it without 4 bonafide hits from 2-4 female led MCU films. I'm guessing if the BW prequel film is a hit, they will find a way to bring her back to team up with Captain Marvel.
My main line up would consist of

Captain Marvel
Storm
Invisible Woman
She-Hulk
Wasp
Spider-Woman

I would have added Black Widow if she wasn't killed in Endgame.

I didn't include anyone from Gotg simply because the women of that team don't live in Earth. While I see Capt. Marvel going to Earth more often now. Plus only 1 X-Woman to represent the mutants. The other female characters in the MCu can appear in smaller/cameo roles.

A decent x-men reboot could do wonders for super hero women.

Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue right there.

Endgame spoiler
Last chance
Marvel owes the female characters that are already established in their cinematic universe more than a quick pass-off with the gauntlet.

I can’t wait for Rogue. I hope she’s hot trash calamity Jane style screaming bloody murder rogue not sweet when will my boyfriend return from war Rogue

After seeing the way the audience reacted to the scene with
Captain Marvel, Valkyrie, Rescue, Okoye, Shuri, Wasp and the other female heroes teaming up
in Endgame, this sounds like even more of an easy money idea.

Only one thing about that scene -
While it was a nice little easter egg, the Wasp's appearance at that point didn't make much sense as right before that she was at the other end of the battlefield in the van with Scott working on getting the quantum tunnel activated.

I want to see a majority female X-Men team to kick things off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"