• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Black Widow: The Movie

Punisher is waaaaay kewler than Black Widow, meta. He's a morally grey non powered gun toting killer with a painful past and deep character arcs. She's just the girl Avenger.

But seriously, some people don't care about adaptations so much as they care about what's being adapted. In this case, no matter how awesome or overdue a Black Widow movie is in the MCU, some people just want to see another Ennis arc adapted.

Just had (what I thought was) a pretty cool idea on the Cap'n Marvel casting thread...

A Black Widow/Jessica Drew team-up movie with ScarJo and Emily Blunt as co-leads would be absolutely killer. While they're not traditionally partnered too often in the comics (as far as I know) I think they inhabit similar enough worlds for it to work splendidly. Make it happen Feige!

That would rock all of my socks. Even the ones missing their mates.

That would rock so many socks my head is spinning. Geez.

^

Hehe. DrCosmic's workshopping this already in that Cap Marvel casting thread. :) Let me try...

Yea, Blunt as Jessica Drew could be introduced in Captain Marvel in a minor/introductory role in a comic accurate manner since she is besties with Carol.

The next available slot is when... November 2019, right? Black Widow and Spider-Woman: Arachnophobia. Um, or a less cheesy title, if you're into that sorta thing. :)

About 70% of the movie is devoted to interspersed flashbacks, giving us BW's and Drew's respective backstories, which could intersect with them as adversaries on a mission or two. Would be super cool to watch both of them prepping for missions against each other from their respective perspectives.

The remaining 30% plays out in the "present day" with them having to team-up to face... yada yada yada.

Again, are you listening, Feige? :)

Eh,no offence,but I didn't wait all this time for the solo Widow movie,for her to get outshined by a new fledgling Superheroine.

I can see some un-powered "B list" co stars, (Hawkeye/Fury/etc) but leave the costume types at home.

By the time a Black Widow movie rolls around they'll have recasted Scarlet Johansson.

Eh,no offence,but I didn't wait all this time for the solo Widow movie,for her to get outshined by a new fledgling Superheroine.

I can see some un-powered "B list" co stars, (Hawkeye/Fury/etc) but leave the costume types at home.
A similar sentiment could've been voiced about Iron Man back in the day.

Look, this pretty much only works if they cast an A-lister like Blunt. Also, it would be easy to structure it so that for the majority of the movie (i.e. the flashback portion), Drew is an antagonist to BW.

Personally, I think Black Widow would work better as a Netflix series or miniseries. She doesn't require a huge budget like other heroes, it would give them more time to delve into her backstory and it could come out as early as 2017.

^

Agreed in that that would be my absolute ideal scenario, but the combination of (a) Johansson possibly unwilling to do TV... McConaughey/Harrelson (to a slightly lesser degree)/Spacey notwithstanding, (b) the monumental cheque it would take to get Johansoon on the small screen and (c) Marvel Studios and Marvel TV not exactly holding hands and making googly eyes at each other at this point leads me to believe that a Black Widow Netflix series would be extremely unlikely.

*weeps uncontrollably*

I think a movie now wouldn't be as big as it could've been...I think BW has her niche right now, tbh. She doesn't need a TV series or solo film, save that for the other superheroines.

You'd think Marvel would be all for making this movie happen right now given Scarlett's success with Lucy?

*shrugs

By the time a Black Widow movie rolls around they'll have recasted Scarlet Johansson.

Fu**ed up, but funny!

You'd think Marvel would be all for making this movie happen right now given Scarlett's success with Lucy?

*shrugs

Fu**ed up, but funny!

I think it might still happen. There's a lot of building up to Infinity War at this point and I don't think Black Widow really fits but afterward I could totally see this movie getting made.

Widow doesn't have much of a rogues' gallery. There needs to be some new villains invented and used for the movie.

I'd be interested in a Black Widow versus Black Widow thriller with Yelena Belova as the antagonist.

The best time for a Black Widow solo movie was during Phase Two, after her popularity skyrocketed following The Avengers. Honestly, we didn't really need Iron Man 3, but even without dropping any of the Phase Two movies, Marvel could have afforded to do another. Either set it before TWS, or remove her from TWS and have Sharon Carter fill her role (I know, blasphemy, but it wouldn't have taken much rewriting to do that).

I will love to see Black Widow movie with winter soldier...
As AOU has told her very origin, it will be awesome to see what happened with her, and how she ended up with Nick Fury.
Black Widow and Winter Soldier were both trained by Russians. So it makes sense to give them a romantic history...

Personally, I think Black Widow would work better as a Netflix series or miniseries. She doesn't require a huge budget like other heroes, it would give them more time to delve into her backstory and it could come out as early as 2017.

Black Widow doesn't have a origin story that can span an entire TV show. A movie is good enough.
And also, I don't want someone else playing BW. Scarlett is perfect..!!

My dream BW movie would have her dealing with Red Guardian, while having Godfather II style flashbacks of her past interspersed.(Meeting Hawkeye/Fury,etc)

Since Hawkeye was given the lame AOU subplot, I guess I really wouldn't mind trading out Winter Soldier for him in present day for some romantic tension.

Comic Book Resources said:
For years, Marvel fans have rallied around Black Widow and called for Scarlett Johansson's Avenger to get a solo movie like many of her teammates. "Captain America: Civil War" directors Joe and Anthony Russo have expressed interest in directing a solo Black Widow film, and actors Clark Gregg and Robert Downey Jr. are among those wondering why the super spy hasn't gotten her own film yet. Johansson's brought up the idea of a solo film before, as well. Even a poll conducted earlier this week by Fandango and USA Today shows that Black Widow is still the number one Avenger that fans want to see go solo. While Marvel has not officially announced "Black Widow," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige had some new comments on the matter in a Q&A session with Deadline

When asked which character -- with Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow and Hawkeye being named -- was destined for a solo film, Feige mentioned Black Widow. "We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting 'Civil War,' through the end of 2019," said Feige. "Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow."

Feige elaborated on his choice, saying, "We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise."

Collider said:
One of those big surprises might actually be a solo Black Widow film, which fans have been asking for for some time now. There’s nothing here in the way of confirmation, but it seems like the only thing preventing the actioner from coming to big screens is a matter of scheduling:

ANTHONY RUSSO: It’s a no-brainer, right?

JOE RUSSO: I don’t think [it’ll take] much. I think it’s just a function of where on the slate it goes. She’s a bad-ass.

Interesting.

Yeah. I feel like there should be no rush to fit her movie into the schedule. I would MUCH rather have a movie introducing a new hero, showing more of a hero we haven't seen much of their origin, or building new villains and stories. I don't think BW needs an origin film. They have shown small parts of her story, the ones that were needed. A solo film would be great to develop her character more, but I don't know how much character development it would give. Maybe they could use it to show more of the origin of Hawkeye. But then your main goal isn't Black Widow at all.

I mean, Moon Knight comes first. Amaright?

This would be an interesting opportunity to explore the Black Widow program...I like to see other BW's besides Natasha's BW...

And I do find it amusing that one of the big defenses for why Marvel hasn't done a female-led film yet is "well none of their female characters are well-known enough to carry their own film, unless they're X-Men ones who are owned by Fox." And yet, when you have a character who has become known to the audience (thus solving that problem), suddenly the argument is "well we've seen her in too many movies, give a new character her own film." So which is it, because those two ideas are completely contradictory?

I'm much more interesting in seeing a cool BW film than yet another Thor film, or Ant-Man, or whatever. It's long overdue, and it would seem like even the Russo's think so.

I would like to see the indestructible man Damon Dran as the villain

As for Avengers who could probably show up in her movie well Hawkeye of course and probably Cap, Bucky for sure and Falcon

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"