Possible movement on Black Widow spin-off?

Well, eternals hasnt exactly been officially announced yet but they usually do all those announcements all at once at an event like D23

How do you feel about this as a plot?

-Natasha dies in Avengers 4. Hawkeye survives.
-The Black Widow movie begins with Hawkeye mourning Natasha's death.
-The rest of the movie is a flashback as Hawkeye recalls how he and Natasha first met.
-The Budapet incident is shown.
-The movie ends with The Red Room cloning Natasha (like in Tales of Suspense #100-104). This sets up a sequel with Natasha alive again in the present.

Bit Hawkeye heavy, people have waited for so long for a widow solo, I don’t think I would love a Hawkeye featuring widow take

I like the memory cloud server aspect from the TOS mini more than the cloning. If adapted into the MCU, I think it adds mystery to her flashbacks (Are her memories even real?) and additional context to this exchange with Hawkeye in Avengers:

Clint Barton: You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Take you out and stuff something else in? You know what it's like to be unmade?

Natasha Romanoff: You know that I do.

And as mentioned before, you can use this plot point to keep BW going indefinitely, even through recasting. ScarJo can't do this forever (I'm not even sure she would want to) but this allows her to seamlessly pass the torch on a high note of the solo film.

Same memories, so a recast can still reference everything that's come before in-universe. Also kind of cool because it lampshades that element of the quintessential spy franchise, James Bond, and we know Marvel loves to hat-tip other franchises.

Last edited:
I'm very excited for this movie being made. It should've happened 3 or 4 years ago though.

Ms. Palicki looks like she walked off the page of a superhero comic. And while I loved her in AoS and think she would be great in a Black Widow flick, I don't see Feige putting a character cast in a Marvel TV show into his movieverse.

Indeed. Civil War showed that they don't acknowledge TV as part of their universe.

Markus & McFeely wrote Civil War on the assumption that the last episodes of AoS Season 2 never happened. In hindsight it was very fortuitous, because the point of divergence was Inhumans.
You could also point to Alfre Woodard being a different person in Civil War than on Luke Cage, but "global outbreak of Ike Perlmutants" is obviously the big one.

I don't see either as big deals. The fish oil just didn't matter to CW's core plot, and Alfre Woodard was such a minor character in CW, it hardly matters.

I don't see either as big deals. The fish oil just didn't matter to CW's core plot,

How many fish oil superhumans exist in Agents of SHIELD's universe? Why wouldn't Iron Man and Captain America recruit them when they went after Spider-Man and Ant-Man? Why did Secretary Ross name-check the Hulk and only the Hulk as not accounted for?

How many fish oil superhumans exist in Agents of SHIELD's universe? Why wouldn't Iron Man and Captain America recruit them when they went after Spider-Man and Ant-Man? Why did Secretary Ross name-check the Hulk and only the Hulk as not accounted for?

He mentions Thor also. The only 2 actual missing Avengers. As for rest of your point, Civil War was never going to be a 100 year recruit everybody movie. Having 100 recruitment scenes would slow the movie down to a crawl, and also would have been a nightmare to keep track of everyone. Further, most of these people would have largely been untrained liabilities anyway. You don't recruit 100s of civilians who don't know how to use their abilities for a mission that is supposed to prevent further damage.

Last edited:
OK, do you sincerely believe that fish oil Inhumans will play any role in future films? Anyone can make up elaborate fanon for why they're never mentioned despite perhaps numbering in the millions, but it's really a red herring (that gives you superpowers).

OK, do you sincerely believe that fish oil Inhumans will play any role in future films? Anyone can make up elaborate fanon for why they're never mentioned despite perhaps numbering in the millions, but it's really a red herring (that gives you superpowers).

It likely won't, but it really shouldn't unless it is directly plot relevant. Marvel should only cross TV and the movies when it makes sense for the plot. It's all about the story, not just inserting easter eggs. The Marvel comics always operated this way, as well.

It likely won't, but it really shouldn't unless it is directly plot relevant.

They've done a bunch of plots that take the form "The world is in danger! Account for every superhuman!" So if the fish oil ones outnumber the rest 10,000 to 1, they'd be plot relevant. Hence they don't exist.

They've done a bunch of plots that take the form "The world is in danger! Account for every superhuman!" So if the fish oil ones outnumber the rest 10,000 to 1, they'd be plot relevant. Hence they don't exist.

There isn't a plot really where it was relevant. Again, as stated before, being a superhuman doesn't mean you're a superhero nor trained to use your abilities. Therefore there has been no movie reason to recruit random, untrained superhumans. If you want to consider the TV and movies separate things, that is your prerogative. I am just saying I find the logic faulty in this argument. Just because Inhumans or Mutants may exist doesn't mean a movie NEEDS them. There needs to be a driving plot reason. They have yet to have one.

I don't see how it's faulty logic to infer that if Tony Stark recruited a 15-year-old kid with no training, all adults with no training are off-limits if they got their powers from fish oil. If Gwen Stacy had been bitten by the spider and Peter Parker had eaten a radioactive fish, would Tony have recruited Spider-Gwen and ignored the Amazing Anchovie-Man as an untrained liability?

Did we ever get an accurate count of the fish oil Inhumans? It could have been 10,000 or 1,000 or maybe less than 100 altogether. And most of their powers could have been super lame.

Anyhoo, I thought this plot hole was closed when Lash wiped out all the ones held by Hydra.

I don't see how it's faulty logic to infer that if Tony Stark recruited a 15-year-old kid with no training, all adults with no training are off-limits if they got their powers from fish oil. If Gwen Stacy had been bitten by the spider and Peter Parker had eaten a radioactive fish, would Tony have recruited Spider-Gwen and ignored the Amazing Anchovie-Man as an untrained liability?

Spider-Man was using his powers actively and demonstrated knowing how to use them. Random guy on street who can control fire has not and if not a costumed hero either. It's not the same thing. Having powers doesn't mean you're an active superhero.

Also like Zarex said, we don't know how many people actually became inhumans out of the fish oil.

I want to see Widow's world in the MCU...I just want to see the world of spies and espionage like think Jason Bourne meets James Bond or it would have that Mission Impossible type feel to it with Natasha having her own franchise as it explains her origins and then you can get into the really good stuff and just how she ended up being recruited by SHIELD

Yeah. It’ll be interesting to see what the villains motivations will be. I mean she obviously wasn’t working for hydra before or if she was she didn’t know they were actually hydra. They probably won’t use the Soviet history. I can’t wait to see what they do with it

I made a Black Widow poster that satirizes her using her signature leg grapple move. :)

I had a dream the other night that I was watching a Behind the Scenes video of Avengers 4 reshoots. Evans and ScarJo were chatting between takes and Feige walks up to them and starts talking about the Black Widow movie and how Wolverine is going to cameo, "he's going to cross paths with Widow while she's on a mission, their goals coincide briefly, they'll tag team a bunch of goons and then he'll split. 5-10 minutes screen-time tops".

You heard it here first folks :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"