• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible movement on Black Widow spin-off?

Please keep Hawkeye away from this. He can be an after credits scene but please, no more than that.

I’m excited! It’s a great story and I’ve never seen anything by that director but I’m very keen!

I am really disappointed that this will be a Prequel. The MCU is still a forgoing Story and no one will watch an unrelevant Flashback.
A grounded Widow handling the Aftermatch of Infinity War in Logan-Style would be so much better… There is a Minimum hope they lie, because they still want to create fear, she could die in Avengers 4.

I do think they are a little late in the timing on this. The best time to have done it would have been right after the first Avengers when the MCU was still new BW wasn’t already in so many movies.

This could easily be the Solo if he MCU if they’re not careful.

I'm hoping the prequel talk is to keep Natasha's fate a secret. I can't think of a worse idea for a Solo (learn your lesson, Disney!) flick. "Oh, I was DYING to find out what happened in Budapest" said no fan ever. Have an older BW forced out of retirement, give her a super spy team. Just please don't end the flick with her meeting a digitally young RDJ.

My approach, if they want to have their cake and eat it, is go for a half-past, half-present flashback structure. The "my past is coming back to haunt me" is a well-tested trope of spy flicks and diving the movie Godfather II-style could help it differentiate it from its competitors, specially if they play the whole "we are obsolete in a world of superheroes" angle in the present scenes.

Hell, put her on a high octane James Bond/Mission Impossible-esque action scene at the beginning of the movie, showing spies are the coolest thing since Captain America slice bread in this 'verse and then juxtapose that with her struggles trying to keep up against truly superpower beings, this thing writes itself.

Last edited:
I would much rather have a BW movie rather 3 Harley Quinn and Joker spin-offs so i will gladly take this.

I do think it might be best Renner isn't in this but i I have a feeling he might.

As far as the whole prequel thing goes, THR is saying it will be but Variety didn't go that far and said it's unclear when it'll take place.

Interesting it's finally coming around.

I'm hoping the prequel talk is to keep Natasha's fate a secret. I can't think of a worse idea for a Solo (learn your lesson, Disney!) flick. "Oh, I was DYING to find out what happened in Budapest" said no fan ever. Have an older BW forced out of retirement, give her a super spy team. Just please don't end the flick with her meeting a digitally young RDJ.

An entire movie around the Budapest incident? Maybe not. A cold open showing what happened there in a flashback? Yes please!

I'm also a fan of Hawkeye so I would prefer a buddy spy team up scenario. Very curious to see what direction they will go with this.

This is almost as close to a slam dunk as you can get. Just watch the budget and you're good.

This is almost as close to a slam dunk as you can get. Just watch the budget and you're good.

Exactly. If it's 100m+, the movie is more than likely gonna make 500m+.

I do hope it's a one off though. I don't need a Black Widow trilogy

Have they ever acknowledged that she took some kinda serum that slowed her aging like in the books?

LOL at the people on social media acting like they're gonna recast ScarJo for this :whatever:

Exactly. If it's 100m+, the movie is more than likely gonna make 500m+.

I do hope it's a one off though. I don't need a Black Widow trilogy

I think 500 is ceiling. I think most likely in 300-400 range. The reason being this will be a self-contained smaller movie with grounded stakes.

I think 500 is ceiling. I think most likely in 300-400 range. The reason being this will be a self-contained smaller movie with grounded stakes.

As a prequel, I would estimate a floor of ~$400 million. Present-day, with a trailer that geeks can infer high stakes from, it should go higher than Ant-Man.
If I were an executive, I'd be wary of giving this project more than $100 million, and we already know ScarJo's salary is $25M.

LOL at the people on social media acting like they're gonna recast ScarJo for this :whatever:
But that's because until a few hours ago she was CANCELLED. Now that she left Rug & Tug she's been UNCANCELLED, and they'll probably like her again.

But not me. I disliked her Black Widow before it was cool. :o So far I've been given no reason to watch this movie in theater. I reserve the right to change my opinion once the supporting cast is announced, though.

Just watch a man get casted in the role with no controversy to that film. Like Jake Gyllenthaal as a Persian.

I'm ridiculously excited for this.

As for the controversy, Jude Law was in a Woody Allen movie, and Johnny Depp is, well Johnny Depp. But I doubt that that's going to effect the box office of Fantastic Beasts 2 one way or another.

By the time that this movie comes out, most people would have forgotten about Scarlett's comments.

Interesting choice of a director, but count me in with those disappointed that its looking increasingly likely that this may be a prequel.

The name of the thread needs to change or give the movie a proper sub-forum.

"Possible movement"? LOl, the movie has a writer, star, production designer and director. It's official,

It'd be cool to see Agent May or Mockingbird show up (since they were active SHIELD operatives at the time). They don't even have to be in big roles, just an appearance.

I'd rather see BW as a sequel, but if a prequel means that we'll get to see other iconic SHIELD agents as supporting cast, then I'm all for it.

I'm ridiculously excited for this.

As for the controversy, Jude Law was in a Woody Allen movie, and Johnny Depp is, well Johnny Depp. But I doubt that that's going to effect the box office of Fantastic Beasts 2 one way or another.

By the time that this movie comes out, most people would have forgotten about Scarlett's comments.

Oh it will. And who knows what Depp does in next 4 months to make it worse.

Prequel?

A Black Widow movie won't have the same impact it could've had years ago. The perfect time to have a Black Widow movie was right after Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I'd rather see BW as a sequel, but if a prequel means that we'll get to see other iconic SHIELD agents as supporting cast, then I'm all for it.

That's pretty much where I'm at

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"