The A-Team - Part 1

John Singleton is said to be the top contender to direct the big screen adaptation of The A-Team for 20th Century Fox.

The newly revamped A-Team will center around a group of Gulf War veterans as opposed to the Vietnam vets of the original.

The IESB has contacted 20th Century Fox and are awaiting a response at this time.

"There's nothing planned at the minute, but the studios certainly aren't saying no. I personally would love to get on the horse again with Bradley and Sharlto and Rampage - we all would. But with the studios and the studio system it's a question of dollars and cents."

"I thought it was a really good movie, you know? And thought it would've done much, much better at the box office in America, but the studio released it the day after the World Cup started, and I think that probably affected the overall performance of the film."
-Liam Neeson

Really? this came out the day after the WC started? what moron decided that release date?

I dont really see how the world cup affected the BO
Movies and world cup are pretty separate from each other

and KArate Kid was released the same time and grossed almost 400 mill

Actually, there's been significant correlation between international box office drops and the World Cup.

I would kill for another sequel. It was one of the best action films of the year.

Actually, there's been significant correlation between international box office drops and the World Cup.

REally? Huh didnt know that

But still Karate Kid did good money and was released around the same time. I just think that for some reason the general audience didnt like it too much. Maybe they thought it was too stupid/over the top. I dont know

And yes I agree Braddock it is criminally underrated. Especially when a similar movie, The Expendables, enjoyed bigger box office success and just wasnt as good.

I feel that KK became such a surprise hit that A-Team simply got lost in the fray...

As I said back then when it was released, if they put the movie out a week earlier, it would've done much better...as I recall the week before had no big movie coming out.

I hope we see a second one (with a better van for B.A. than the one in the deleted scenes) but i doubt Jackson will be back if they do.

And yes I agree Braddock it is criminally underrated. Especially when a similar movie, The Expendables, enjoyed bigger box office success and just wasnt as good.

While they may be extremely similar, I ultimately felt that Expendables did action better, whereas A-Team was better written and had better characterization. Star power had a lot to do with Expendables' box office despite the rating.

I thought The Expendables had lazy horrible action. I tried to like it, but I dont know why Stallone even thought of making it PG-13....that was a HUGE problem with it. They filmed PG-13 action scenes, and added fake gore later. Blah.

The A-Team was pure fun.

That's the point, no matter how bad some of the Expendables action was staged/shot, it was better than the best of A-Team's. The cellar fight was worth the price of admission alone.

I could bearly see it. Boring shakeycam fight. I've seen them too many times.

Agreed with CelticPredator (are you guys know each other CELTICPRED and CelticPredator

the only scene worth a damn in the Expendables was the AA12-Terry Crews scene. Other wise the action was nothing special or filmed badly. And I wanted THe Expendables to be good. I mean they had 4 pro fighters and none of the hand to hand scenes were that good

I mean Im not saying its bad to both movies but I just found The A Team so much better

The only fight that suffered from that overused term was the Li and Lundgren fight, and that was because the second unit shot that, and not Stallone.

The hallway fight right before the AA12 was dimly lit, way too unstable, and I could barely tell the guys apart

And the Stallone Vs. Austin fight. That whole scene was so messy and shakey.

I dont mind shakey, but to me, whenever a fight scene uses it, it comes across as "We didnt have time to work on the scene...so we just acted like we're hitting each other, and shook the camera around"

TV shows do it all the time.

Again I disagree, the difference between the warehouse fight and the cellar fight is quite staggering.

The point still remains, as I said, the worst of Expendables, is better than the best of the A-Team.

And I, not only disagree, but I find that...well, untrue. To be so blunt.

But then again, i'll take well made, and shot action scenes, over shakey PG-13 filmed ones....

In all honesty I was hyped for both A-Team, being a fan of the show and seeing the flying tank in the trailer, and The Expendables, seeing as how 80's action movies are where it's at.

I loved The A-Team to death. Sure it was over the top nonsense but man, a flying tank? That scene with B.A in the helicopter? The ending? Man it was just fun. I loved it. It's so under rated as a movie. It's like the only remake worthy of the name.

The Expendables on the other was dull and didn't really do much for me. I dunno, I thoght it was going to be good. The trailer suggested that everything was punched, shot or exploded and well, it was pretty much like that but just dull some how. I don't know how a film that was designed as ultimate action was dul but it managed it.

I will say that I noticed this on rewatching both films. The first time I thought both were awesome.

I liked both movies, but on re-watch I find myself enjoying The A-Team that bit more, it really is staggering how this movie didnt do better at the BO, it was the perfect summer movie, based on a much loved TV starring some well known actor's/actresses, it just baffles me how it didnt do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"