The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

It's just odd to me that you won't watch the one good show, but you still tuned in for Ahsoka. Maybe when Andor's second season comes out it'll give you the motivation to catch up on it. It was in my top four shows of 2022, along with Better Call Saul, Interview with the Vampire and The Bear. It's legitimately the best original series on Disney+ (not that that's a high bar).

It still blows my mind that the same execs that greenlit Andor also okayed The Book of Boba Fett.
Like I said, Ahsoka I saw when it was on. Andor when it aired I missed it, so it backlogged and I just never went back to watch it. I have also never watched Never Call Saul or Breaking Bad. Not cause I doubt the quality, but I don't really have time to binge multi seasons of shows. Usually I am watching the kids all day and when they sleep I watch a movie or something. It'd take me months to binge those shows, so I opt for things I am current on

It's just odd to me that you won't watch the one good show, but you still tuned in for Ahsoka. Maybe when Andor's second season comes out it'll give you the motivation to catch up on it. It was in my top four shows of 2022, along with Better Call Saul, Interview with the Vampire and The Bear. It's legitimately the best original series on Disney+ (not that that's a high bar).

It still blows my mind that the same execs that greenlit Andor also okayed The Book of Boba Fett.
200w.gif

“Charlie, I worked with on Russian Doll, and I was like, ‘We have to get Dafne, period,’” Headland explains. “I just wanted to see X23 with a lightsaber in their hand. That has to happen.”[/spoiler]

I approve this casting logic.

Gonna catch up with the trailer soon but the posters are great

Andor and the first two seasons of The Mandalorian have been the only consistently good shows. This looks and sounds intriguing, but the trailer looked cheap to me. Curious to see if we’ll eventually see a young Palpatine in a future season. Presumably Plagueis would be in this, right?

From a lore nerd perspective, this series has the potential to really be my jam. And Carrie-Anne Moss is a Jedi is something I never knew I needed.

That said...the trailer didn't completely wow me. It's looks fine, even good. I think maybe it's just the fact that I'm still coming off the Dune high, but...I really just want Star Wars to feel BIG and awe-inspiring again. Star Wars TV is all starting to fall into a generic sort of 'look'. Andor is the only thing that's managed to break out of that box so far. That said, I'll reserve judgment for now because I would love for this to hook me.

That trailer makes me very happy. I had no expectations for the show, but I'm fully on board now. So cool, all of it.

I know Yoda is alive at this time, but how old is Yaddle around this time? One of them might appear. Would be cool to see them both in tandem fighting together. I know Yoda is older and alive, but not sure about Yaddle.

From a lore nerd perspective, this series has the potential to really be my jam. And Carrie-Anne Moss is a Jedi is something I never knew I needed.

That said...the trailer didn't completely wow me. It's looks fine, even good. I think maybe it's just the fact that I'm still coming off the Dune high, but...I really just want Star Wars to feel BIG and awe-inspiring again. Star Wars TV is all starting to fall into a generic sort of 'look'. Andor is the only thing that's managed to break out of that box so far. That said, I'll reserve judgment for now because I would love for this to hook me.

I agree that the trailer is underwhelming. This is the first time we get a completely new era of Star Wars on screen. Heck, this is an era that wasn't even explored in the old EU. But the trailer does very little to clue in the general audience on what this is about. It feels like Lucasfilm is saying "Here's some more Star Wars, I guess.". I expected a gift-wrapped present but got a gift card instead.

I know Yoda is alive at this time, but how old is Yaddle around this time? One of them might appear. Would be cool to see them both in tandem fighting together. I know Yoda is older and alive, but not sure about Yaddle.

Yaddle is alive and well. She actually showed up in Phase 2 High Republic books, about 300 years before this show.

Really enjoyed the trailer personally, looking forward to seeing the rise of the Sith

Initially I too was surprised but reasons for this amount of hate are pretty much the same most times. It's probably because it mainly features women and people of colour, so it has to be a bad show. :whatever:

These people are incapable of just simply enjoying anything. Must be a miserable existence.

These people are incapable of just simply enjoying anything. Must be a miserable existence.

Out of morbid curiosity I just checked out the trailer reaction to this from Geeks + Gamers and wow. The second the trailer is over they launch into a rant about it not having any white males and how the cast is diverse. It really must be tiring being so fragile all the time. You're not focusing on anything other than how you think a piece of media is supposedly discriminating against you.

Yeah, this was expected to happen.

The greatest irony, is that they decry Headlund, but she is likely the exact kind of fan that they say they want in charge of Star Wars. Taking her quotes out of context is par for course for that lot.

What I find extremely iffy about Headlund is that she used to be Harvey Weinstein's personal assistant and supposedly never knew what was going on. I call BS on that.

I was curious and checked to see the same thing happened to the Rings of Power trailer. But when the show premiered it had a much better reception. I foresee something similar happening here.

My guess? It was probably somewhat manipulated by bots like ROP was. RT has found a way to stop that, but I don’t think Youtube has.

Last edited:
The Rings of Power is probably not the best example. Sure it had received lots of hate from people for similar reasons, but it wasn't a good show either and its final reception was mixed at best. The Acolyte looks miles better and I really hope it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"