The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
vXsLoc8.jpg

The Mandalorian First Image, Directors Revealed | StarWars.com

DETAILS EMERGE FOR LUCASFILM'S LIVE-ACTION SERIES HELMED BY JON FAVREAU.

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Warsuniverse. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

I'm not gonna lie, that image is frelling cool. But I've been burned before, so I'm not gonna enter full hype-mode just yet.

Cool, always interested in Star Wars stuff that isnt all Jedi focused, just hope it can deliver something fresh and new.

Any news on where/how this will be available to watch or is it too early for that thing yet?

Exclusively on Disney’s new streaming service.

Ah yeah dont know much about it but that makes sense obviously, cheers.
You're not alone. As far as I know they haven't said anything about it at all, except that it will launch sometime next year.

In just one Image, synopsys, and director episode number (all killer, no filler was the quote I heard) reveal, they got me. Pedro Pascal? Please. That would be gravy, the guy oozes charisma.

So what are the chances that we REALLY get confirmation that Boba Fett either died or survived the Sarlacc?

I don't need this show to have Boba be a major character nor expect it, but I think I would like at least some finality after the back and forth of canonity (?) the expanded universe.

Making Star Wars caught a deleted Instagram post from Greg Fraser’s account. (Cinematographer for Rogue One). If he’s working on this, awesome! Say what you will about the film, but it’s one of the most visually beautiful films in the series!

Star Wars Set Photo: The Modular Mandalorian and Greig Fraser confirmed as director of photography for the series? | Making Star Wars

Yay a new official Mandalorian forum, just bringing some love from the previous threads:

]
giphy.gif

...Hope we finally see a Mandalorian wear the cape serape style.

Johnston+0300+Sketch.jpg

117.jpg

M0xnDPI.jpg

Don't know if any composer has been revealed or suggested yet?
Here's hoping with the obvious references, they go all out and we get a score with some Ennio Morricone Concierto de Aranjuez style motifs.

Can't wait for The Mandalorian With No Name.

Making Star Wars caught a deleted Instagram post from Greg Fraser’s account. (Cinematographer for Rogue One). If he’s working on this, awesome! Say what you will about the film, but it’s one of the most visually beautiful films in the series!

Star Wars Set Photo: The Modular Mandalorian and Greig Fraser confirmed as director of photography for the series? | Making Star Wars
That'd be great.
R1 definitely looked great.
The scenes in Jedha and through Scarif wastelands, definitely spoke to the type of quality and setting we might need here.

LOL! I saw that ^ too, and was determined to ignore it, unless someone brought it here.
So Willrow Hood is going to be his first bounty? LOL:funny:
He's got to return the Ice-Cream-Maker oh sorry "computer-memory-core" back to Bespin?:oldrazz:
While the tremendous nod to the Holiday Special is legit
I think Favreau is just messing with fans with this knowingly ridiculous reference .:D
Love it!

Last edited:
I hope Favrau continues with teases every Friday:D

They seriously need to confirm who the lead actor is. This is giving me fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"