The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

With Cobb Vanth not dead and Boba's line of "We're not cut out for this"...could/should he name Cobb the Daimyo of Tatooine?

I agree. I think bringing Boba back after Din was created put Jon in a corner. He already made his version of Boba Fett in Din. He is the bounty hunter. So Jon thought, lets make Boba a Crimelord. This doesn't work because we wanted to see Boba the Bounty Hunter. Maybe he and Din team up sometimes on harder bounties. Instead Boba is retiring and settling on Tatooine of all places. Yet again we are back on Tatooine. We are getting all the planet jumping and bounties with Din. I still think it is because Jon created Din and knows what he wants. It might be more of a committee with Boba. I am fine following Din I like the character.
I don’t think Fans wanted Boba to be a mob boss. I think fans were expecting Boba to be Boba and being what he is a bad a$# bounty hunter. They story of him trying to be a Damiyo was weak they should have gone a different route with his character arc… I get the whole new man being reborn thing but this is not the Boba I wanted to see. I liked what we saw in Mando season 2 and feel like they should have just left it at that.
I think people would be more fine with him being a crime lord if:
a) it wasn't on Tatooine
b) most importantly he was a real crimelord. Trying to do a Mickey Mouse crime lord just isn't interesting for anyone. Not even kids I don't think. They softened up the concept of being a crimelord to much and that turned a lot off. And that's not even a Star Wars specific thing. I don't see anyone wanting a show about gangsters being "nice." Unless it's a comedy maybe
Being a crimelord is a change in pace for Boba but it could've worked. He still could've done bad ass things, he still could be ruthless but from I've seen and read they didn't do that.

Last edited:
I think people would be more fine with him being a crime lord if:
a) it wasn't on Tatooine
b) most importantly he was a real crimelord. Trying to do a Mickey Mouse crime lord just isn't interesting for anyone. Not even kids I don't think. They softened up the concept of being a crimelord to much and that turned a lot of people want. And that's not even a Star Wars specific thing. I don't see anyone wanting a show about gangsters being "nice." Unless it's a comedy maybe
Being a crimelord is a change in pace for Boba but it could've worked. He still could've done bad ass things, he still could be ruthless but from I've seen and read they didn't do that.
Yeah it was an interesting idea, but they didn't know what they wanted to do with it. I don't think Jon is good at crime movies. I liked Made, but it was more comedy than Mafia. Go back and look at Jon's previous works as a writer and also as a director. He doesn't have that many writing credits, did he get lucky with the Mandalorian? I think he is better at writing his original character, and not Boba Fett or maybe not doing follow ups. Look at Iron Man 1 then his follow up Iron Man 2, big drop off, not to mention Cowboys & Aliens after that. But that is all subjective I guess. So right now lets say he is 1 and 1 for star wars shows. We shall see how his next project turns out. I think it is the Rangers of the New Republic.

This show was just...bad. Like most people have said, Boba is just kind of uninteresting when there are other armored bounty hunter characters that have much more meaning in the current Star Wars lore.

I never bought that he would've lived in peace with the raiders who basically kept him hostage until he proved he was useful to them. So everything that stemmed from that...which was pretty much everything...just felt off.

They made Boba too nice. From "no disintegrations" to him basically adopting a gang of young street bikers. Oof.

Cad Bane was completely wasted too. Could've been super interesting, showing the state of the crime structure in the galaxy with Crimson Dawn, or any other factions. But nah.

It was a very meh episode Mando and Grogu stole the show yet again and would be happy if this doesn’t get a second season i would rather have Fett cameo/ appear in Mandolorian then get a second season

Exactly how I feel. For as much as I geeked out over a Boba show, this showed me he just isn't as interesting (to me at least) as Mando.

Yeah it was an interesting idea, but they didn't know what they wanted to do with it. I don't think Jon is good at crime movies. I liked Made, but it was more comedy than Mafia. Go back and look at Jon's previous works as a writer and also as a director. He doesn't have that many writing credits, did he get lucky with the Mandalorian? I think he is better at writing his original character, and not Boba Fett or maybe not doing follow ups. Look at Iron Man 1 then his follow up Iron Man 2, big drop off, not to mention Cowboys & Aliens after that. But that is all subjective I guess. So right now lets say he is 1 and 1 for star wars shows. We shall see how his next project turns out. I think it is the Rangers of the New Republic.
Rangers is just going to be used for parts of Mando S3 / S4 rather than being it's own standalone show.

I think it's fair to say he is 2 / 3 though, with each Mando season being a separate production. With this show specifically, I'd say he's 3.5 / 7. :D

Rangers is just going to be used for parts of Mando S3 / S4 rather than being it's own standalone show.

I think it's fair to say he is 2 / 3 though, with each Mando season being a separate production. With this show specifically, I'd say he's 3.5 / 7. :D
Fair enough. I have seen some rumors about the show. Apparently there were 8 episodes and 5-8 were cut before shooting. They replaced 2 with episodes from season 3 of The mandalorian, 1 Boba episode was cut due to time, and the finale was rewritten. All rumors, but it does seem like 5&6 were the Mandalorian episodes.

I am hoping there will be a Disney gallery for Boba just to see what went on behind the scenes. Though I don't think they want to share their problems. If they do release anything it will be very complimentary.

If the BOBF somehow gets renewed for a second season, I really hope that they drop the power rangers (aka biker gang) from the series.
They won’t even be needed at all anymore if Boba & Fennec go off world

Hot Take: I enjoyed BoBF more than Mando S1

As much as I have my frustrations with BoBF, I feel it was way more consistent quality wise than Mando S1.

MS1 had four enjoyable episodes and the other four ranged from ok to meh.

So here's my Mandoverse rankings:
1. Mando S2
2. BoBF
3. Mando S1

Top 5 episodes:
1. The Rescue
2. The Tragedy
3. Return of the Mandalorian
4. In the Name of Honor
5. The Sin

I think to be honest of all the Star Wars tv shows its probably the weakest of the lot so far for me sadly, which is a surprise to me given how much I love the character from the OT and always wanted his own show so maybe I am judging it harsher than the others but thats probably because all the other stuff has been really good so far for me and its not like BoBF wasnt without some merit or some nice ideas but it was just a bit all over the place for me in terms of quality and tone and not quite the show I wanted or thought we would get. My Disney+ SW rankings would be:

1. Mando S2
2. Star Wars Visions
3. Bad Batch
4. Mando S1
5. BoBF

Fair enough. I have seen some rumors about the show. Apparently there were 8 episodes and 5-8 were cut before shooting. They replaced 2 with episodes from season 3 of The mandalorian, 1 Boba episode was cut due to time, and the finale was rewritten. All rumors, but it does seem like 5&6 were the Mandalorian episodes.

I am hoping there will be a Disney gallery for Boba just to see what went on behind the scenes. Though I don't think they want to share their problems. If they do release anything it will be very complimentary.

Huh, do the rumors related *why* they cut all those eps from their original story plan?

There was a lot that I expected from this show but I did try to be open minded about it.
Especially since I’m getting basically what I’d want from a Boba Fett show with The Mandalorian.

It just didn’t work for me at all though.
The stuff that I did enjoy isn’t even stuff that I’d like to go back and see again.
I can’t see myself rewatching any of the episodes.

Huh, do the rumors related *why* they cut all those eps from their original story plan?
no, but it could just be time,budget or maybe they didn't like the way it unfolded. I wonder if they cut some rancor training, since we saw none.

Morrison speaking to D23.

Speaking of the gang, aka The Mods, Morrison says they add “a lot of color and a lot of youthfulness” to the series. ....If you can’t beat these people, sometimes it’s good to join them—or get them to join you,” Morrison says.

653zjm.gif

upload_2022-2-13_20-45-16.gif

I don't think I am every going to recover from the lyrics to this shows theme music....

Well it seems the slow season 1 was due to them planning a season 2. It seems now that it might not happen. The rumors now are that it might get canceled and just absorb the stories into the mandalorian's last season. Who knows though it is up in the air for now. All just rumors.

Well it seems the slow season 1 was due to them planning a season 2. It seems now that it might not happen. The rumors now are that it might get canceled and just absorb the stories into the mandalorian's last season. Who knows though it is up in the air for now. All just rumors.

What rumors?

I think to be honest of all the Star Wars tv shows its probably the weakest of the lot so far for me sadly, which is a surprise to me given how much I love the character from the OT and always wanted his own show so maybe I am judging it harsher than the others but thats probably because all the other stuff has been really good so far for me and its not like BoBF wasnt without some merit or some nice ideas but it was just a bit all over the place for me in terms of quality and tone and not quite the show I wanted or thought we would get. My Disney+ SW rankings would be:

1. Mando S2
2. Star Wars Visions
3. Bad Batch
4. Mando S1
5. BoBF

This. Only I think I would even rank BOBF below that Star Wars screensaver thing on Disney +.

Finished watching the season. Overall I give the series a solid C grade. The show seemed pretty unnecessary IMO. The best episodes were the ones without Boba. The ending with Boba questioning whether he even wants to rule made me irritated. He couldn’t even ask that before all the violence and death in that shootout? The stuff with Mando and Grogu was great but it kind of made season 2 finale pointless. They could have tacked on episodes 5 and 6 as the first two episodes of Mando season 3 and scrap this Boba Fett series altogether. It wouldn’t have made much of a difference.

Been waiting for the Honest Trailer guys to rightfully skewer this POS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"