The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

A Kenobi teaser would be very out of place tbh. At least the BOBF one showed two characters who had showed up in the season previously, and the shows are very intertwined.

I wonder if Ahsoka will deliver Grogu to Mando or if Luke will bring him? Its hard to believe at least one of them wouldn't intervene against the Syndicate murdering civilians. Luke in particular is by default the ambassador of the Jedi so he needs to set a good example to the public that the Jedi are guardians and not just aloof mystics on the fringes of society.

I wonder if Ahsoka will deliver Grogu to Mando or if Luke will bring him? Its hard to believe at least one of them wouldn't intervene against the Syndicate murdering civilians. Luke in particular is by default the ambassador of the Jedi so he needs to set a good example to the public that the Jedi are guardians and not just aloof mystics on the fringes of society.
Ahsoka seemed to be leaving the planet the Luke was on in E6, so it's unlikely to be her. I don't really expect Luke to show up on Tatooine either tbh, but we'll see how it goes very soon!

A Kenobi teaser would be very out of place tbh. At least the BOBF one showed two characters who had showed up in the season previously, and the shows are very intertwined.
Right but it could still be a non-sequitur tease after the credits with a mid-credits scene that relates more to Boba/Mando.

I hope we do get somekind of teaser for Kenobi at the end of the episode since that's the Star Wars show I'm the most excited about next to Mando Season 3 which this show is already starting to make me alot more excited for after the last couple of episodes and probably the finale too.

If the Book of Boba Fett teaser from the end of Mando S2 was any indicator, they might take the approach of teasing the next series in the pipeline, which in this case would be Kenobi. As @Iceman said, this season of BOBF has already basically been a prelude to Mando S3 and Ahsoka hasn't even started filming yet. Not that it makes much difference since they still could have shot something with Dawson during BOBF, but still...
I’d be very happy to see something from Kenobi.

As much as I would love Qi'ra to show up at the end....

I would mark out more of Xizor showed up. But I don't know who I would want to play him

I don’t think we’ll get a teaser for Kenobi as they might save that for the Super Bowl

If anything, we will get a tease for Mando season 3 or Book of Boba Fett season 2

As much as I would love Qi'ra to show up at the end....

I would mark out more of Xizor showed up. But I don't know who I would want to play him
Maybe Thrawn shows up in a star destroyer and takes control of Tatooine.

Alright, final predictions everyone?

I still think we see Han and Ben by the end of this.

There could be a Boba Fett cameo at the end to tease Boba Fett season 2 for @Spider-Fan :cwink:
I have to say the quality of this show has hurt my excitement for Kenobi. I want Kenobi to be more Mando quality and less Boba Fett quality.

Maybe Thrawn shows up in a star destroyer and takes control of Tatooine.

Going off what I've read of the New Thrawn novels...I think he's not going to be the bad guy we think he's going to be.

Running through some old CW episodes in prep for tonight...I totally forgot that there were some clone cadets with blonde hair. Omega's hair makes sense now.

That was some nonsensical fun filler, yet Fett by end doesn't seem that convinced about why or what he fought for. Does he even want to be Daimyo?
While a fun needed personal intro arc to the "new" Fett, as he reinvents himself, overall rather tame, and stuck a little to local. This could have gone much deeper, and off-world, with bigger stakes at who is pulling strings at top, retroactive Xizor, Thrawn, or who ends up the head of Blacksun. Exploiting the perfect time period where competing Crime Lords rise to fill that void left by the Empire.
Or at least already hinted towards those greater stakes, players, and that bigger ambition, for his possible S2 hype.
Might have left their -what's next for us?- finally, with a bit more gravitas.

Last edited:
Seemed like they made Fett too dependant on other characters and episodes with mainly him weren’t as good as I was hoping for. Mando has been able to carry relatively solitary episodes more effectively.

I think Jon just doesn't know what to do with Boba Fett, he had his shot and this is what we got. Maybe he is just too constricted by the expectation of Boba by fans. He writes Din very well. Maybe that is because he is an open book and has more control over what Din is about. Go with what you know and stick to the Mandalorian.

I don’t think Fans wanted Boba to be a mob boss. I think fans were expecting Boba to be Boba and being what he is a bad a$# bounty hunter. They story of him trying to be a Damiyo was weak they should have gone a different route with his character arc… I get the whole new man being reborn thing but this is not the Boba I wanted to see. I liked what we saw in Mando season 2 and feel like they should have just left it at that.

S2 Vanth
Will likley get a Mod shoulder and whole "quick-draw" Mod arm update,
lol.gif

64lbp3.jpg

Last edited:
Going off what I've read of the New Thrawn novels...I think he's not going to be the bad guy we think he's going to be.
The newest novel had him admitting that he’s perfectly willing to commit genocide if it suits his goals. And it’s presented as troubling as all hell to everyone who hears it.

I think Jon just doesn't know what to do with Boba Fett, he had his shot and this is what we got. Maybe he is just too constricted by the expectation of Boba by fans. He writes Din very well. Maybe that is because he is an open book and has more control over what Din is about. Go with what you know and stick to the Mandalorian.
Honestly, the main problem for Boba Fett is that Din Djarin exists. It means his character has become a bit redundant.

We're talking about a mysterious bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor (made from a very particular type of metal) who utilizes cool gadgets. He generally doesn't take off his signature helmet, which is why his voice has become such a big part of his personality. He chooses his words carefully but also has pretty snappy one-liners. Born during the prequel era, he lives by his own code, killing if he has to (but not because he likes to). Eventually, he takes on an unexpected father role, showing new dimensions to the character.

Before Mandalorian, all of that was Boba Fett, with the last line mostly referencing EU stories. Now, it refers to Din, assisted by the adorable breakout hit that is Grogu. Which I guess is why they tried a different direction for Boba.

It didn't work well, but I can see why they felt it was necessary.

Honestly, the main problem for Boba Fett is that Din Djarin exists. It means his character has become a bit redundant.

We're talking about a mysterious bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor (made from a very particular type of metal) who utilizes cool gadgets. He generally doesn't take off his signature helmet, which is why his voice has become such a big part of his personality. He chooses his words carefully but also has pretty snappy one-liners. Born during the prequel era, he lives by his own code, killing if he has to (but not because he likes to). Eventually, he takes on an unexpected father role, showing new dimensions to the character.

Before Mandalorian, all of that was Boba Fett, with the last line mostly referencing EU stories. Now, it refers to Din, assisted by the adorable breakout hit that is Grogu. Which I guess is why they tried a different direction for Boba.

It didn't work well, but I can see why they felt it was necessary.
I agree. I think bringing Boba back after Din was created put Jon in a corner. He already made his version of Boba Fett in Din. He is the bounty hunter. So Jon thought, lets make Boba a Crimelord. This doesn't work because we wanted to see Boba the Bounty Hunter. Maybe he and Din team up sometimes on harder bounties. Instead Boba is retiring and settling on Tatooine of all places. Yet again we are back on Tatooine. We are getting all the planet jumping and bounties with Din. I still think it is because Jon created Din and knows what he wants. It might be more of a committee with Boba. I am fine following Din I like the character.

Good finale. The highlights were Mando and Grogu, Boba and Mando fighting together back to back. Boba vs Bane and of course the Rancor. Episodes 5 and 6 were the best for me definitely. I could watch those back to back over and over. Now bring on Kenobi, Mando S3, Ahsoka and Andor. And whenever we are getting Lando and The Acolyte.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"