The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
book-of-boba-fett-logo-tall-169.jpg

Boba Fett is back. And his story is just beginning.

As teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the season finale of The Mandalorian, the legendary bounty hunter’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett. Jon Favreau, executive producer of The Mandalorian, confirmed today on Good Morning America that the new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.

The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez — who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian, a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy — joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.

Yeah, it's happening.

RDcpsTQ.gif

Last edited:
And now we wait to see if this is confirmed to be the same thing as Mandalorian Season 3.

Boba the crime lord?

I dig it

I would be down.

On the other hand... That doesn't quite seem his style to me, being an underworld capo.

What if he took over Jabba's as a base of operations for his bounty hunting? He's putting a crew together alright... A Bounty Hunting crew. Cuz... He's honest enough to realize he ain't a young buck. He's battered and bruised and needs underlings like Shand.

And hey... We gotta pay homage to nostalgia, it is SW. So what better fan service than giving Boba a familiar location on the outer rim to hang his helmet at?

I would be down.

On the other hand... That doesn't quite seem his style to me, being an underworld capo.

What if he took over Jabba's as a base of operations for his bounty hunting? He's putting a crew together alright... A Bounty Hunting crew. Cuz... He's honest enough to realize he ain't a young buck. He's battered and bruised and needs underlings like Shand.

And hey... We gotta pay homage to nostalgia, it is SW. So what better fan service than giving Boba a familiar location on the outer rim to hang his helmet at?
That too

Would also be a great way to re-introduce some of the bounty hunters from ESB like Dengar, Bossk, IG-88, etc.

If Bossk doesn't show up we RIOT

We're getting this and season 3 in December?

The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Finale-Post-Credits-Boba-Fett-Fennec-Shand.jpg

Cause I'm in E-F-F-E-C-T
A smooth operator operating correctly

By any means neccesary, this is what has to be done
Make way 'cause here I come...
My DJ cuts material...
Grand imperial.
It's a must that I bust any mic you're hand to me
It's inherited, it's runs in the family
I wrote the rhyme that broke the bull's back
If that don't slow 'em up, I carry a full pack.

Honestly, my read from the stinger is that Boba Fett is getting too old for this ****, and so wants to "retire" to the life of 'Crime Lord'. Possibly with a side order of revenge on various parties who may have wronged him during the interim on Tattoine.

I'm fine with a Boba Fett show, but I don't want him to completely replace Din Djarin.

Also I'm not sure how much Boba is a "lead" kind of character, especially this version of Boba.

Honestly, my read from the stinger is that Boba Fett is getting too old for this ****, and so wants to "retire" to the life of 'Crime Lord'. Possibly with a side order of revenge on various parties who may have wronged him during the interim on Tattoine.

I'm down.

Bonus points if Boba is lead of an ensemble, a crew, who if are as good as Fennic then will be able to hold our attention and warrant further exploration. Thus we get more than Boba in the package. And dear lord... Luke was out and about. Gauntlet the af thrown! Who the hell can predict what or who will get.spotlight? What or who gets "canonized"? They kept Luke secret until they dropped it. Hondo showing up just became really possible along with things like Prince Xizor.

Extra bonus points: Make the title mean something. I see people being not crazy about the title. I don't get it. It is immediately impactful and intriguing. Is this like... Fett's biography? Will we see Morrison in a dual role flashing back to his childhood and seeing why Jango latched on to Dooku and then took payment in the form of Boba? Could that tie into giving us a better picture of Mandalore? Are we gonna see Boba's youth. adapting the armor to his needs, building his rep? How does any of that if that is what the title alludes to, tie into that post credit scene an the obvious conclusions drawn?

What if it is a little tongue in cheek? This is... A Book by Boba Fett? I actually think... That sounds like a title would give something he would write. Seemingly simple and to the point but indicative of an unacknowledged self grandiosity, not totally unearned.

Bonus, bonus points... Do something different to Star Wars. I would have Boba either narrate or break the fourth wall. Address the "readers" of Boba's book. Hell... Maybe it is not a bio, but a how to? Boba's big book of bounty hunting. His rules for life as a hunter.

I'm open for almost anything at this point.

Like a Bossk....make him a main character
M favourite Bounty Hunter (besides Boba of course]

6FDB2B50-4462-426D-84D0-BCA06BA6CF7A.jpeg

Not confirmed. It's still pretty likely that this IS Season 3 of The Mandalorian.

Then where would the title, “The Book of Boba Fett” fit in? Would they rename the series from The Mandalorian to that? Doesn’t make sense. I think this is a separate series and maybe they air both series in the same month, just different days.

on Disney’s Investor Day the clearly said: Mandalorian season 3 premieres on Christmas Day 2021.
It was an announcement for the investors, who put their money into it - why should they change it.
Mandalorian is the cash cow of Disney at the moment
Also: what’s the problem of airing more shows at the same time - this will happen soon enough if you look at the schedules of StarWars and MCU and also Pixar and Walt Disney Studios. Soon there will be so much content, that it won’t be necessary to stretch airing shedules

Then where would the title, “The Book of Boba Fett” fit in? Would they rename the series from The Mandalorian to that? Doesn’t make sense. I think this is a separate series and maybe they air both series in the same month, just different days.
Lots of shows have subtitles for seasons. This one is especially likely with episodes called chapters. You don't usually see them written like that though. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (a Disney show from which we've seen like 5 cast members in The Mandalorian) is another show that does this. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Uprising, Fallen Agent, Ghost Rider, LMD, Agents of Hydra, etc. It makes more sense than calling something Book of Boba Fett which is a horrible title tbh.

on Disney’s Investor Day the clearly said: Mandalorian season 3 premieres on Christmas Day 2021.
And that lines up perfectly with Book of Boba in December 2021.

Also: what’s the problem of airing more shows at the same time
Money and keeping people subscribed to Disney+. They already have Andor in the same month as well.

Its been confirmed on twitter from someone working for Disney this is its own thing and separate from the Mando.

This is Boba's show baby :boba:

This will probably be the best book ever by the way.

BOBF is NOT replacing Mando.

I think Grace Randolph's general social media idocy has injected this fear Mando is on the razor's edge of being over with into a lot of fans that are keyed into the online discussion of the show.

Its been confirmed on twitter from someone working for Disney this is its own thing and separate from the Mando.

This is Boba's show baby :boba:

This will probably be the best book ever by the way.

If anyone remembers BURN NOTICE I kinda hope BOBF has Boba narrating to the audience his philosophy and methods and how he applies them to his situation currently.

I've been watching Gangs of London, and that's left me wanting the Star Wars version. Gangster crime drama with a bunch of competing factions, where the protagonist is a newly-established crime boss. Probably less on the "drama" part and more on the "gangster" part.

That person also said he doesn't represent Lucasfilm in any way and just thinks they are two separate shows and that's more likely. For the record I hope he's right and all four of the connected shows just called Books or something, but that's hardly a confirmation.

It would be awesome if this is a gangster series. Something like Goodfellas in the Outer Rim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"