The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

The Disney Gallery episode for season 3 has arrived on Disney+ and just after 10 minutes of watching, you get a better understanding of what the plan was.

Better late than never and great news all around for physical media but the pessimist in me is skeptical. I think they're only going to do this for their most popular shows.

About time. Beautiful SteelBooks. Can’t wait to grab these. Hopefully more are coming eventually for the Star Wars and Marvel shows.

Better late than never and great news all around for physical media but the pessimist in me is skeptical. I think they're only going to do this for their most popular shows.
I think this is a test to see the level of profitability. It's also a potential excuse for pulling things from the service. They will be able to argue that even if something like Willow isn't on the service, it still "available".

I think this is a test to see the level of profitability. It's also a potential excuse for pulling things from the service. They will be able to argue that even if something like Willow isn't on the service, it still "available".
For sure. They're playing it safe here by releasing their most popular and well-received shows first to test the waters. You can tell from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier being absent here even though it came out before Loki.

I'm thinking ahead here but even if these discs sell I'd still be surprised to see physical releases for shows that didn't go over as well like Secret Invasion.

I assume Falcon and Winter Soldier is being held back to be released a little before the movie, like Loki dropping a little before season 2.

For sure. They're playing it safe here by releasing their most popular and well-received shows first to test the waters. You can tell from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier being absent here even though it came out before Loki.

I'm thinking ahead here but even if these discs sell I'd still be surprised to see physical releases for shows that didn't go over as well like Secret Invasion.
All fair. I think time will tell, because if they start putting out a lot of these, then it will be hard to argue not to do them all. Because that's what home media collectors expect and will make it profitable, even for the terrible movies. Never forget you can buy a 4K of Quantumania!

They also just don't have that many.

Hope we get them in the UK also. Despite subscribing to D+ and having no plans to leave, I will absolutely buy the Mando ones physical.

Might wait for a price reduction on the others though.

I assumed they were making the movie instead of season 4 and finish the story that way, but I guess we're getting both now? Or maybe they'll kill off Din in the movie, and then let the story continue with just Grogu. (Since Pedro is very busy anyway)

But I can see them scrapping season 4, maybe that's old news.

Lets be honest, Pedro doesn't need to be on set all that much for Season 4.
Or Season 1, 3, and Book of Boba Fett. :wink:

Hope one of these movies makes it through. Really want to see Star Wars back in theaters again.

Or Season 1, 3, and Book of Boba Fett. :wink:

Hope one of these movies makes it through. Really want to see Star Wars back in theaters again.

I mean, they sound like they are filming THIS year, which is a lot more concrete news than any of the other Star Wars Vaporware movies that were announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"