Rangers of the New Republic on Disney+

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
star-wars-rangers-of-the-new-republic-series-spinoff-1248483-1280x0.jpeg

Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, this new live-action series from executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will intersect with future stories and culminate into a climactic story event.
Sh4qBsx.gif

Last edited:
Thinking on it a bit, I can't help but notice they didn't announce any cast members with this one - unlike Ahsoka, which cited Dawson. Given who the biggest New Republic-aligned character on Mando is, it makes me wonder if it might be going through some retooling...

I’ll welcome him back if he has any involvement.

Having “rangers” in the title just naturally gives me Timothy Olyphant/Justified vibes.
Don't get my hopes up Roose. It would hurt too much. :cry:

I get the feeling we might see him one more time this season, and that might lead to an introduction to the New Republic for good ole Raylan Givens. A boy can dream.

Last edited:
I guess the first thing this show will do is go back and pick up two people from this week's episode of the Mandalorian.

Set up^

and Reminder..

Not a joiner...? Yet she's default following their rules. As she says with a Rebel tattoo on her cheek.
Pretty clear this is her spin off show....
Star-Wars-Rangers-of-the-New-Republic-logo-announcement.jpg

Although the way she worked with Fennec Shand in today's ep., they might have her be the first recruit into her Ranger squad.

Main people I want on this show: X-Wing CHiPs. We need more of "I'm basically a LG space motorcycle cop".

pTRU1-24353027enh-z6__57278.1474479747.1280.1280.jpg

GUEST_0bd8e99a-79a5-4288-bc59-e2fc67ed52f3
Vb1BYXk.jpg

GUEST_db9c1437-0722-49f1-810d-a056a7faff6d

She's out to out-vazquez, .... Vazquez!

"....Let's roooock!!!"
giphy.gif

Seeing her Rebel Shock Trooper roots, and how much conceptually she was channeling Aliens' Vazquez.
I'm thinking the Rangers are going to be the SW U.'s equivalent of Aliens Colonial Marines.
Although instead an Alien hive, their adventures vs the burgeoning First Order, and whatever they throw at them.

hc6k1tbrmwy01.jpg

Get ready for the Resistance theme, cut with a military drum motif.

Last edited:
We could have it all with Cobb Vanth... or have nothing with ****ing Gina Carano, I guess.

We could have it all with Cobb Vanth... or have nothing with ****ing Gina Carano, I guess.
Thread was going so nice and then Mondragon had to bring in the TERF that can't act. :(

giphy.gif

LOL I didn't bring her in, Favreau and Kennedy did.:funny:
That's on them!
I'm just puting the pieces together they laid out.
I also mentioned Fenecc Shand as part of the likley ensemble crew, you just ignored that.
However I do think it's obvious this is Dune's spin-off show, though as-per her acting, and that this is likley an ensemble, yeah she'll likley be overshadowed by others in the Rangers crew, anyway.:D

Cara-Dune-Fennec-Shand.jpg

star-wars-italia-the-mandalorian-cara-dune-fennec-shand.png

This season was laced with backdoor pilot set-ups.
I'm just guessing, here is the set-up for the New Republic Ranger's^- shock trooper, and their sniper.

Last edited:
venisa-rebuilding-the-resistance-main_30239948.jpeg

ymsfXuI.jpg

I want Venisa Doza.
She'd be great to see live action!

I wonder if they’ll include Hera from Rebels and Iden Versio from Battlefront 2 in this series

23f54c64059e0742824291c4ff66a4e3.jpg

Wow that'd be fantastic!
Also having an Imperial defector among them.
Mayfeild's set up was great, but I would love to see Iden Versio, and the tension she'd bring.
Also they did name drop "Operation Cinder"

And yeah Vanessa Marshall can play Hera.

Vanessa.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"