The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Today's Hidden Empire #5 confirmed that Qi'ra survived and was seen alive post Jedi.
She would be an interesting character to bring into the Mando shows. Emilia's still got her Disney connections.

Today's Hidden Empire #5 confirmed that Qi'ra survived and was seen alive post Jedi.
She would be an interesting character to bring into the Mando shows. Emilia's still got her Disney connections.

Unless they want to recton how aging works in the SW franchise, they'll need to find a new actress for her character since no one else (e.g., Han, Lando) looks the 'same' after the events of Solo.

Unless they want to recton how aging works in the SW franchise, they'll need to find a new actress for her character since no one else (e.g., Han, Lando) looks the 'same' after the events of Solo.
Blame the signs of ageing on characters' lack of (Han) and inability to keep (Lando) money. Qi'ra doesn't have those problems.

I wonder if they'll drop the new episode today, since it's being screened for an audience already anyway. No way everyone there is going to keep their mouth shut about it.

I wonder if they'll drop the new episode today, since it's being screened for an audience already anyway. No way everyone there is going to keep their mouth shut about it.
While possible, I think the idea is to hype people for the premiere on it's usual night. They want spoilers. Which to me, screams Sabine.

While possible, I think the idea is to hype people for the premiere on it's usual night. They want spoilers. Which to me, screams Sabine.

It's funny, because what you're saying is exactly my problem with The Mandalorian. I haven't watched the animated shows, so that name means nothing to me... :D

It's funny, because what you're saying is exactly my problem with The Mandalorian. I haven't watched the animated shows, so that name means nothing to me... :D
Fair. For what it's worth, I recommend the three big animated series (TCW, Rebels, and Bad Batch) completely. They are some of the best Star Wars out there. I can see a convincing argument for the best.

Fair. For what it's worth, I recommend the three big animated series (TCW, Rebels, and Bad Batch) completely. They are some of the best Star Wars out there. I can see a convincing argument for the best.
I got on TCW and Rebels very late and would definitely echo that. Really need to rewatch them as there is so much great lore contained within them. Also Bad Batch has been much better than I expected. SW animation has been great and needs to expand IMO.

I got on TCW and Rebels very late and would definitely echo that. Really need to rewatch them as there is so much great lore contained within them. Also Bad Batch has been much better than I expected. SW animation has been great and needs to expand IMO.
Rebels is my happy place. Why Ahsoka has me so pumped. They're all coming back! :cry:

Thanks! Guess I'm starting with Clone Wars this weekend :D It was kind of treated as a "kids show" in my country, so I never gave it a shot. Like it was dubbed and only aired early in the morning. (We usually use subtitles for almost everything)

Thanks! Guess I'm starting with Clone Wars this weekend :D It was kind of treated as a "kids show" in my country, so I never gave it a shot. Like it was dubbed and only aired early in the morning. (We usually use subtitles for almost everything)
Oh, it most certainly is early on. But once you hit season 3, things start really maturing. Considering the size of TCW, if you're looking for a more curated list of episodes to do, @Snow Queen is the TCW expert.

Rebels is my happy place. Why Ahsoka has me so pumped. They're all coming back! :cry:
I love the idea of animated show characters brushing up against film characters. Seeing the animated characters in live action is amazing in itself. I'm looking forward to Hera and Sabine most and hope they can cross paths with Ahsoka and Rey somewhere. So much potential for crazy projects down the line.

This is why I got into it so late. Seeing some clips of the animated film put me off - but Clone Wars gets really amazing as it goes on. Get to season 3 onwards and there is great new lore every episode. If this were live action it would be my favourite SW content of all. The reason I'm so excited for the future setting of the announced films is that something similar to a live action clone wars without the limitations of having to bow to whatever is already set in the future could theoretically be eventually possible, with Jedi patrolling the galaxy to help all over.

This is why I got into it so late. Seeing some clips of the animated film put me off - but Clone Wars gets really amazing as it goes on. Get to season 3 onwards and there is great new lore every episode. If this were live action it would be my favourite SW content of all. The reason I'm so excited for the future setting of the announced films is that something similar to a live action clone wars without the limitations of having to bow to whatever is already set in the future could theoretically be eventually possible, with Jedi patrolling the galaxy to help all over.

I always found it difficult keeping track of cartoons like that because the schedule would be all over the place. Since it has an ongoing storyline, you miss an episode and you're sunk. It wasn't until it got onto streaming that I could watch it the way it was meant to be watched.

I always found it difficult keeping track of cartoons like that because the schedule would be all over the place. Since it has an ongoing storyline, you miss an episode and you're sunk. It wasn't until it got onto streaming that I could watch it the way it was meant to be watched.
I binged it all in a matter of days as it was leaving cable. Really need to watch it again slowly to absorb it better, but I got totally hooked from season 3.

The Mandalorian seasons 1 & 2
logan-riding.gif

The Mandalorian season 3
wild-wild-west-will-smith.gif

I wonder what will be the next series that will go into production. Acolyte will be done in May/June, Andor in Agust. That are releases for 2024. No projects further were announced and last week was the best opportunity to announce new series (Rangers of the Republic substitute, Lando) or seasons (BoBF, Obi Wan).
I have a feeling, that the cancelled Rangers series isn’t cancelled regarding to the plot and it’s importance for the overarching Thrawn- plot.

Last edited:
I just found someone who after seeing Episode 7
With Hux sitting on the Shadow Council talking about Project Necromancer and Praetorian Guard, said none of this would be leading to the Sequels. Favreau and Filoni are going to retcon them any day now. I'm totally fine with people disliking the Sequels, but that's getting pretty ridiculous.

I just found someone who after seeing Episode 7
With Hux sitting on the Shadow Council talking about Project Necromancer and Praetorian Guard, said none of this would be leading to the Sequels. Favreau and Filoni are going to retcon them any day now. I'm totally fine with people disliking the Sequels, but that's getting pretty ridiculous.

I thought that Luke teaching Grogu was going to be the point where the sequel trilogy became alternate history, but that turned out to be not the case. These days, the plan seems to be to make the sequel trilogy fit better with the preceding eras, and I think it's working.

I wouldn't be surprised if Legacy is brought back into the main continuity at some point. All they'd have to do would be to make Cade Skywalker a descendant of Rey — or make someone in his family another Skywalker-by-choice — instead of the great-great-grandson of Luke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"