The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

Great news that they're not thinking of ending anytime soon. This is a huge galaxy and lots of places they can go with it. It will just be great to see Djin and Grogu growing together like they already have done.

IGN review up. They're giving Ep 1 an 8 out of 10. To be expected, and introductory episode to get viewers up to speed. Should be diving into the meat by Ep 2.

Isn’t this the same guy that only likes anything to do with the Star Wars Prequels, Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka, etc, and said Andor was bad because it didn’t have any of that stuff and nothing happened in that series? :whatever:

He hated Andor because it had screws. He is very much in the "right wing outrage grift" environment, so, you know, **** him.

Isn’t this the same guy that said Andor was bad because it didn’t have any of that stuff and nothing happened in that series? :whatever:

He hated Andor because it had screws. He is very much in the "right wing outrage grift" environment, so, you know, **** him.

200w.gif

IGN review up. They're giving Ep 1 an 8 out of 10. To be expected, and introductory episode to get viewers up to speed. Should be diving into the meat by Ep 2.
8/10 is what I’d give it. Too basic to be any more than that, but still a more than solid re-intro for me. I’m expecting a few 9s in the show later and will be disappointed if that doesn’t happen.

Loved last nights episode. Very solid and hope to see one of my favorite droids again. Also excited that Sackhoff and Esposito will be at con near me later this year.

Loved last nights episode. Very solid and hope to see one of my favorite droids again. Also excited that Sackhoff and Esposito will be at con near me later this year.
Oh that’s awesome! Good luck getting to see them. Check with Giancarlo that Xavier is confirmed and otherwise push him towards it. :D

Nothing the creators said in that interview indicates they're recasting, from how I read it at least

just some general "Oh, it's a big universe, she's floating around somewhere, but the show is about Din and Grogu, etc"
Aye, but we can but hope!!

Edited to add a big thank you to @BoredGuy for clarifying the article for me!!

Last edited:
So is the implication that they want you to buy both for a complete set? Seems redundant.
I think it’s a giveaway, but also yeah wouldn’t make any sense being only able to buy both together. Most people want one or other (plus the controller and controller outfit lol).

A small non-English publication I was reading dropped this plot point of Chapter 18 from their press screeners. Nothing unexpected, but...
Confirmed return to Mos Eisley and Peli Motto.

Threw the text into google translate because I'm lazy:

Needing a droid part, Mando (Pedro Pascal) returns to Peli Motto's workshop on Tatooine in his N-1 Starfighter early in the second episode (chapter 18). In the streets of Mos Eisley we see some typical nice 'Star Wars' scenes: droids roll squeaking past, a few Jawas waddle out of the workshop. And when Baby Yoda - he's here again - sees the sympathetic Peli Motto again, he makes a somersault jump from the cockpit into her arms out of sheer happiness.

Which honestly I think everybody already expected to be in that episode anyway.

I do think it's funny because the publication has previously commented about not liking the show, but said they are actually starting to 'somewhat' enjoy it with Chapter 18. They gave Season 3 so far 3.5/5 stars.

Last edited:
Started watching the first 2 seasons before I jump into this as it's been a while. It's funny watching those first few episodes back. The show has come a long way already.

After watching Eric Voss’s breakdown on New Rockstars of this latest episode and making a lot of parallels to The Prince of Egypt, proposing Din Djarin as kind of a Moses figure and The Armorer as sort of a Pharoah figure he has to lead his fellow Mandalorians away from, to freedom and a better way of life, it seems like this season will very much deal with themes of blindly following dogma and maintaining old traditions versus deconstructing and finding a different path.

If it ends up going that way, I’m already way more intrigued by this than Season Two. As fun as last season was, it’ll be nice to see his character get more of a focus, have more of a character arc and progress even more in his development. They’ve alluded to it in the past, but it’s nice to see they’re actually following through on it.

After watching Eric Voss’s breakdown on New Rockstars of this latest episode and making a lot of parallels to The Prince of Egypt, proposing Din Djarin as kind of a Moses figure and The Armorer as sort of a Pharoah figure he has to lead his fellow Mandalorians away from, to freedom and a better way of life, it seems like this season will very much deal with themes of blindly following dogma and maintaining old traditions versus deconstructing and finding a different path.

If it ends up going that way, I’m already way more intrigued by this than Season Two. As fun as last season was, it’ll be nice to see his character get more of a focus, have more of a character arc and progress even more in his development. They’ve alluded to it in the past, but it’s nice to see they’re actually following through on it.
The Mando writing is apparently even a Bible quote. That's a bit on the nose sure, but I do enjoy the idea of Mandalorians forging a new path. Din Djaren leaving the dogma behind is definitely intriguing. Can't wait to see what they do with it.

A small non-English publication I was reading dropped this plot point of Chapter 18 from their press screeners. Nothing unexpected, but...
Confirmed return to Mos Eisley and Peli Motto.

Threw the text into google translate because I'm lazy:

Needing a droid part, Mando (Pedro Pascal) returns to Peli Motto's workshop on Tatooine in his N-1 Starfighter early in the second episode (chapter 18). In the streets of Mos Eisley we see some typical nice 'Star Wars' scenes: droids roll squeaking past, a few Jawas waddle out of the workshop. And when Baby Yoda - he's here again - sees the sympathetic Peli Motto again, he makes a somersault jump from the cockpit into her arms out of sheer happiness.

Which honestly I think everybody already expected to be in that episode anyway.

I do think it's funny because the publication has previously commented about not liking the show, but said they are actually starting to 'somewhat' enjoy it with Chapter 18. They gave Season 3 so far 3.5/5 stars.

I was under the impression that only the first two episodes were sent out to critics/Youtubers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"