The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I love Mara Jade and everything, but I see no point in re-canonizing her at this point. We know how it ends for Luke at this point. Why do we need Mara Jade? What purpose does she serve?

Luke never married. He never had children. It's like fans so badly wanted Obi-Wan Kenobi to have grandkids or have like Rey be Kenobi's granddaughter, and I'm like why? it makes no sense and it doesn't fit and all.

Because if people don't bump uglies and squat out a screaming little poop-machine, they're worthless. Duhhhhh .... /s

I love Mara Jade and everything, but I see no point in re-canonizing her at this point. We know how it ends for Luke at this point. Why do we need Mara Jade? What purpose does she serve?
Definitely agree. No need for Mara Jade at this point.

I'm so looking forward to it. Also any excuse to rewatch the first 2 seasons (again).

Give the audience what it wants, more Gizmo being cute.

Most shows I'd be down to end between s3 and s5...

...but if The Mandalorian keeps doing 10 episodes every ~18 months with seasonal arcs and episode to episode locations (etc.) than fine by me to go longer.

Maybe add in a couple time jumps to get closer to TFA, but stay at least 5 years out.

Last edited:
Most shows I'd be down to end between s3 and s5...

...but if The Mandalorian keeps doing 10 episodes every ~18 months with seasonal arcs and episode to episode locations (etc.) than fine by me to go longer.

Maybe add in a couple time jumps to get closer to TFA, but stay at least 5 years out.
I agree. This isn't the type of show that runs the risk of getting stale too quickly since it's really just two central characters hopping around the galaxy with constantly changing locales and a rotating cast of side characters. It could easily run for 8 seasons and still feel fresh as long as they keep to the formula.

I agree. This isn't the type of show that runs the risk of getting stale too quickly since it's really just two central characters hopping around the galaxy with constantly changing locales and a rotating cast of side characters. It could easily run for 8 seasons and still feel fresh as long as they keep to the formula.
This is what's so incredibly clever about the show. It can go on for as long as they want to. All they need is Pedro Pascal in a voice over booth once a year and Grogu is a puppet. The rest of the cast can change as they wish. Plus, the spinoffs they're doing can tackle other stories, and build out the larger universe as well.

Exactly what I want to hear. Need someone on hand to distract him anytime he starts thinking of endings. :cwink: This show has a lot of life left in it.

This is what's so incredibly clever about the show. It can go on for as long as they want to. All they need is Pedro Pascal in a voice over booth once a year and Grogu is a puppet. The rest of the cast can change as they wish. Plus, the spinoffs they're doing can tackle other stories, and build out the larger universe as well.
When you put it like that it really does seem low hassle compared to many other shows, especially those with huge casts of top actors as regulars who all have to have aligned schedules for years on end.

When you put it like that it really does seem low hassle compared to many other shows, especially those with huge casts of top actors as regulars who all have to have aligned schedules for years on end.
Exactly! It's a perfect foundation to tell stories for years to come. Of course, I want the quality to be there as well, but so far I really like the New Republic stuff. Let's see where they take it. :D

Interesting reveal from Favreau on how much time has passed. That puts season 3 about 9 years before Shadow of the Sith.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"