Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man 3 General Discussion Thread (Unofficial)

Spider-Ock

SpOck
Reaction score
Before the general discussion thread starts, I was thinking that we could talk about all things ASM3 here.

Last edited:
2b8cbe80d95fd249246d7b3123e7eadd-d7e2gin.jpg

What is everyone most worried for, and looking forward to?

In general, I'm worried that the next movie will be a cram session. So much of Peter's life was glossed over in the previous movie, that I'm afraid Webb & Co. will try and shove college, the Bugle, MJ, and the drama between Peter and Harry into the forefront. It wouldn't be as bad if these things were introduced bit by bit in the previous movies, but all of the above will need some sort of audience introduction at one level or another.

As far as what I'm looking forward to...I've gotta be honest, not much. I don't have much faith in this creative team, unfortunately. I would say the effects and action at the very least, but if there's anything I can't complain about among all five of these movies, that would be it, so it's something I've come to take for granted in all honesty. I'm hopeful that we'll see better character depth for Peter, and that the villain will integrate into the plot more naturally than what has come before.

Probably! :funny:

We just need a section for it, since X-Men: Apocalypse already has one. :cmad:

What is everyone most worried for, and looking forward to?

Looking forward to seeing MJ, more of Peter's grief and whoever the villains are.

Worried about them ruining everything, screwing up everything, Spider-Man 3: Reprise style.

I am more interested in them exploring the emotional fallout arising from Gwen's death than the villains.

I am more interested in them exploring the emotional fallout arising from Gwen's death than the villains.

Me too. For villains I hope they do Kraven or Mysterio and leave Ock & Vulture until later, not rushing them.

They've set up the tech they could set up a little more but no need to jump straight to them yet

Me too. For villains I hope they do Kraven or Mysterio and leave Ock & Vulture until later, not rushing them.

They've set up the tech they could set up a little more but no need to jump straight to them yet

Mysterio would be the most thematically suitable villain. He could be an avenue to explore Peter's state of mind and his vulnerability after Gwen's death.

Kraven would be more of a physical match for Spidey. We haven't had a mano-a-mano fight in the new series. Let's hope the next one makes up for that if they include Kraven.

Would be awesome is Mysterio had Spider-Man see visions and he saw Gwen but I suppose that would be too similar to Captain Stacy in ASM3.

I'd love a simple story of Kraven as an arrogant hunter who prides himself on being one of the most strong and athletic and accomplished physical specimens in the world and hunts Spider-Man to prove he's better than him.

I'm hoping for Mysterio and the symbiote. Mysterio could play a psychological threat. I think that goes along great with the black suit.

I want to see Mysterio but I think the villians will be Doctor Octopus and The Vulture they wouldnt just put their Arms and Wings in the latest movie if they aren't going to use them

Last edited:
I'm hoping for Mysterio and the symbiote. Mysterio could play a psychological threat. I think that goes along great with the black suit.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for too. This is Sony's chance to get this franchise back on track.. I'm really hoping for a big change from both ASM and ASM2.

This franchise is a mess. Two meh movies that look even worse compared to the Raimi films. They need to go in a completely new direction, or they need to do something more like the Raimi films, because this franchise really isn't working as is. Spider-Man is by far my favorite Marvel character, and I really just can't get behind these movies.

And Garfield is a good Spider-Man, but his brand of social awkwardness seems really fake and overdone to me... I really don't like his Peter Parker.

The mystery of Peter's parents was a bad direction to go in IMO...

I'm really not a fan of establishing Harry as the first Green Goblin either.. and the design of every ASM villain thus far has been pretty lame.

It's going to take a really high quality movie (Avengers, DOFP, Spider-Man 2, X2 level) to get people back on board with this franchise.

Sorry to be such a downer... I'm a Spidey fan, I just really don't like this franchise, I wish they would've just continued Raimi's universe. I really just wish Spider-Man could be back at Marvel

I thought the first movie was good, although there are few things I didn't like about it. I thought they were at least heading in the right direction after that one. Then came TASM2. Everything about it was cringe worthy. The villains looked like crap, the tone was too colorful at times(thought the first movie had a better one), there's too many sub-plots and everything in it feels rushed. It was like watching two movies at once.

I was actually generous and gave the film a 6/10. Probably could have rated it lower.

The more I think about it, the more I think they should just cancel the spin-off all together and focus completely on this movie. Most of the fans seem to be screaming for a villain like Mysterio. Add in the symbiote while introducing Eddie Brock. Then Venom could appear in TASM4. They actually have a chance to get him right this time.

Hopefully, if this delay turns out to be true, they have a chance to get a solid story together. But, if they start packing this movie full of villains again(Doc Ock and Vulture), then you can count me out. It's time for them to go back to the one villain formula, while setting up characters(Eddie Brock) for future films.

My vote goes to Mysterio/Symbiote as well.

If it doesn't happen now, it shouldn't. Mysterio ties in so well to the plot and theme of Peter Parker getting over gwen's death, becoming hope, becoming spider-man. He directly challenges that notion, and takes the plot deeper than "fires web" "fires lightning"

I am done with Sony if they do some stupid cramming to prep for a SS film, because they'll be giving the middle finger to people who loved and people who hated the film. One villian for TASM3

Mysterio or Chameleon are the best picks for "ASM3." Pete is just getting over Gwen's death but to have a villain who both can play mind-games with him meanwhile Norman returns as the new Green Goblin is what I want to see. Finish the Goblin story but have Mysterio or Chameleon be the central villain. Learn from the mistakes of "ASM2." No 3 or 4 villains; a centralized theme, story, plot, and characters is all we need.

As for the symbiote suit, I don't think it's needed for "ASM3" honestly. Save it for movie 4. Have Brock be a character yes and maybe he and Pete vie for MJ's affections (or Flash), but just introduce him and then save his descent into darkness (becoming Venom) for "ASM4."

I want to see Mysterio but I think the villians will be Doctor Octopus and The Vulture they wouldnt just put their Arms and Wings in the latest movie if they aren't going to use them

I think Doc Ock and Vulture would be good as long as they're actually villains and not misunderstood scientists. I just don't think Mysterio is a strong enough villain to hold a film on his own. Now, as part of a team like S6 in which his skill set is used for a particular function in the group, could work .

Kraven and Mysterio please. Goblin should lead the S6.

If Harry returns I hope he gets a design overhaul. The Iron Man-like battle armor was cool, but his face looked like a giant booger. I understand they were trying to do a more grounded, realistic take on the Green Goblin that didn't require a silly rubber mask, but it ended up looking really dumb.

I say go green or go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"