The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The ANIMATED SERIES is now set for 2011

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Dread, I hope you have a clean change of clothes ready.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i05c8198f5eab4cdab12f9d95d2343023

Marvel assembles cartoon 'Avengers'
'Simpsons' company set to produce the series
By Borys Kit

Oct 8, 2008, 12:00 AM ET
The cry of "Avengers assemble" will soon be coming from the television.

Marvel Animation, the cartoon division of Marvel Entertainment, is beginning production on "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes," the company's latest animated series.

Film Roman, the company behind "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill," has been tapped to produce the 26-episode series, which will be available for broadcast in 2011, in time for Marvel Studios' releases of the tentpole live-action movies "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers."

Producing the series is Ciro Nieli, whose credits include "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!" and "Teen Titans," based on the DC Comics title. The series' story editor is Christopher Yost, who has worked on the Marvel cartoons "Iron Man Armored Adventures" and "Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes."

"Avengers," based on the long-running comic, features some of the company's most popular characters, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Giant Man, and the comely Wasp, who fight forces of evil that no single hero stands a chance against.

Marvel Animation is in the midst of a big push in the toon sector. Its all-new series "Wolverine and the X-Men" and "Iron Man: Armored Adventures" debut on Nicktoons in 2009. Also coming is "Marvel Super Hero Squad and the Black Panther."

"(This) continues our plan to complement each of our tentpole live-action features with an animated series," said Marvel president of animation Eric Rollman, who is exec producing with Simon Philips. "This new ensemble series tracks perfectly with our 'Road to the Avengers' strategy."

Marvel has released two direct-to-DVD animated features based on the Avengers characters: 2006's "Ultimate Avengers" and "Ultimate Avengers II."

this isn't going to be great.

i can smell anime style already.

Not that i disapprove but.......meh...

Why do you say that?

Most of the new animation, series especially have been good. Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine and The X-men are both great shows.

Has Wolverine's cartoon even came out yet?

This quote on the front page sums it up best...

Please NO anime crap like Teen Titans. If they anime up Avengers I'm going to vomit in a bowl and mail it to them.

If they use animation like the style we are seeing with Wolverine and the X-Men and use ALL the characters, then the series will be excellent. If the go the kiddie, anime route like Teen Titans or the awful Fantastic Four, then it will blow.

Wolverine and The X-men is airing on Canada's YTV, Jetix in Brazil, and other Latin America territories. And it is an awesome show.

Teen Titans was what it was, but it still had a lot of fans, and the stories were generally decent. I get the style isn't everyone's thing, but nowhere have I read that they are doing this in the style of Teen Titans.

Also look at Spectacular Spider-man, they clearly took a more outlandish art style for that show, but it still became a huge hit, and most people here seem to like it.

Chris Yost who's worked on a lot of the new Marvel animation and writes Marvel comics is also working on this show, sounds good to me.

Yes, we want to see Avengers, Avengers. Not the 1999 crap, and not like Ultimate Avengers. We want the more classic style. And it hopefully won't look like Black Panther either which just looks . . . well . . . weird.

I think though that Marvel animation has a good track record, and I am looking forward to this series. If it's half as good as Wolverine and The X-men it will be excellent. And like Wolverine and the X-men they are starting with 26 episodes. That hopefully implies they are going for a big epic story arc for that season like the new X-men show.

earths.jpg
Is this what its going to look like?

except for thor's design, the rest look pretty meh...

I wonder if that is the team they're going to use for the movie; I hope so. :woot:

Not sure where that image came from or if it's an actual promo image for the show.

But OK, let's say that IS the look the show will have . . . what's so bad about that style?

It's not quite as cartoony in comparison to something like Spectacular Spider-man, again a good show. The costume designs are evocative of the classic versions of the characters, not Ultimate Avengers.

What would you want it to resemble though? More like X-men Evolution or 90's X-men and Spider-man?

This quote on the front page sums it up best...

If they use animation like the style we are seeing with Wolverine and the X-Men and use ALL the characters, then the series will be excellent. If the go the kiddie, anime route like Teen Titans or the awful Fantastic Four, then it will blow.

Exactly I want to see my comics move on screen not japanimation version of my comics moving.

Not sure where that image came from or if it's an actual promo image for the show.

But OK, let's say that IS the look the show will have . . . what's so bad about that style?

It's not quite as cartoony in comparison to something like Spectacular Spider-man, again a good show. The costume designs are evocative of the classic versions of the characters, not Ultimate Avengers.

What would you want it to resemble though? More like X-men Evolution or 90's X-men and Spider-man?

I was good with this style actually
avengersteam.gif
The show I never saw but heard was awful but the look I like and that Falcon costume is still my favorite version.

How ever if I could get it I would love to see something like this:
avengers.jpg

With this many characters
the-avengers.jpg

And guest appearance by
YA_9.jpg

starting a new spin off:up:

Why do animated shows have to look like Finch or Choi artwork?

Going by that image alone, the style's actually not that far off from the DCAU style which everyone loves and constantly bashes Cartoon Network for ending JLU.

That being a more simplified style with lots of defined shapes and straight, symmetrical lines.

Why do you say that?

Most of the new animation, series especially have been good. Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine and The X-men are both great shows.
Yes, but the new Iron Man cartoon looks dreadful.

OK, but clearly Iron Man will be a star and featured character in this series, and judging from the description closer to his comics counterpart.

I'm not totally sold on the Iron Man show from the teaser trailer on the Iron Man DVD, but I'll watch an episode first. Black Panther, the look of the trailer just kind of puts me off and I'll probably avoid it at first.

Weren't people here calling the Spectacular designs awful at first and comparing them to anime? That seems to be the in thing to do.

Why do animated shows have to look like Finch or Choi artwork?

Going by that image alone, the style's actually not that far off from the DCAU style which everyone loves and constantly bashes Cartoon Network for ending JLU.

That being a more simplified style with lots of defined shapes and straight, symmetrical lines.

It doesn't it's just that anime 99.9% looks goofy to me! I want cool I want american.

OK, but clearly Iron Man will be a star and featured character in this series, and judging from the description closer to his comics counterpart.

I'm not totally sold on the Iron Man show from the teaser trailer on the Iron Man DVD, but I'll watch an episode first. Black Panther, the look of the trailer just kind of puts me off and I'll probably avoid it at first.

Weren't people here calling the Spectacular designs awful at first and comparing them to anime? That seems to be the in thing to do.

I like the new spiderman show but I hate the character designs out of costume in costume not AS bad but i don't dig it I guess i'm traditional.

I have no idea what that means man. What's a cool and American animated show to you? When the chances are a good amount of the actual animation was done overseas.

i dont mind the character design in SSM my only complaint albeit small is that the characters eyes all look like they are shrooming lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"