Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Yep, it's truly exceptional.

I have seen it 9 times at the cinema and 1 at home on blu-ray, and still have urges to re-watch it every now and then.

Question for everyone.

Post-credit scene of IW we see Fury contacting Captain Marvel. Almost certain that Captain Marvel movie post-credit scene will be her getting the help signal from Fury.
Ant-man and the Wasp post credit shows the dusting.

Now, for those who like their movies in chronological story order, which post-credit scene (captain marvel movie or ant-man and wasp) comes first ?

Ant-Man by a few seconds :)

Fury’s dusting was a super-slow one so I’d guess that he finished last.

And that’s a great point about Cap Marvel receiving the pager message in her own credit scene. I hadn’t even thought about that for some reason.

Unless they decide to wait until Avengers 4 to show Carol getting the call.

Maybe a post-credit teaser that will also be in the movie, like Ragnarok in Dr. Strange.

I was proud that WM finally got to kick some ass in this film. But I wish we could have gotten some more dialogue or even a scene of Rhodey outside the suit. Especially relating to his injury, but of course not much time for everyone in this film. I just think that was something that could have been furthered explored rather than kinda dropped after just 1 line of dialogue from Ross.

Just a question.

What "event" transpired that will enable the Avengers to defeat Thanos ? Sure, Strange giving the time stone to Thanos was part of it. But what else happened to set things in motion ? I'm just a bit baffled.

Just a question.

What "event" transpired that will enable the Avengers to defeat Thanos ? Sure, Strange giving the time stone to Thanos was part of it. But what else happened to set things in motion ? I'm just a bit baffled.

It remains to be seen what Strange saw in that one future where they won. Presumably he knew they had to lose that battle on Titan though and Thanos had to accomplish the 'snap' soon after. It will evidently be a long game pay off for it all to be undone, but whatever they go through in A4 to achieve it, it will all be what Strange saw.

All we know for the moment is Stark had to live and Strange made sure of that. Other than that I would say that perhaps Strange saw that stopping Thanos on Titan (which they came very close to doing) was only delaying the inevitable as Thanos would never have stopped his quest for the stones. It may even be that delaying him that way only made things worse when he finally did get to the snap, in a way that couldn't ever be undone. By letting him win there and then Strange pushed the future along to that one scenario where they do (eventually) win the day.

It remains to be seen what Strange saw in that one future where they won. Presumably he knew they had to lose that battle on Titan though and Thanos had to accomplish the 'snap' soon after. It will evidently be a long game pay off for it all to be undone, but whatever they go through in A4 to achieve it, it will all be what Strange saw.

All we know for the moment is Stark had to live and Strange made sure of that. Other than that I would say that perhaps Strange saw that stopping Thanos on Titan (which they came very close to doing) was only delaying the inevitable as Thanos would never have stopped his quest for the stones. It may even be that delaying him that way only made things worse when he finally did get to the snap, in a way that couldn't ever be undone. By letting him win there and then Strange pushed the future along to that one scenario where they do (eventually) win the day.

I think you nailed it. Stark had to live. In everything Strange saw, Stark probably died in all of them. Thanks for your explanation.

Stark needed to live so that he could die later while defeating Thanos.

When Spider-man shows up in the first battle, it just brings a smile to my face. I hope we get a Spidey Hulk interaction in A4. Always loved seeing them together in the comics.

47450899_2254090107958212_8010898091974590464_n.jpg

Question for everyone,

How did Thor know where to find the Avengers?

He doesn't have Heimdall's eyes, didnt contact any of the Avengers at any point during the movie, he couldnt have even known about Wakanda...

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Last edited:
Question for everyone,

How did Thor know where to find the Avengers?

He doesn't have Heimdall's eyes, didnt contact any of the Avengers at any point during the movie, he couldnt have even know about Wakanda...

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Probably with intention of thought, and the bi-frost then went there.

Stark to Thanos - "You throw another moon at me, and i'm going to lose it"

They way Robert Downey Jnr. said it, is so funny. :D:

Last edited:
Currently reading the "Titan Consumed" IW prequel novel by Barry Lyga.

Such a great book! It fleshes out Thanos's backstory on Titan (his plan to save his people, the relationship with his father, his exile from the planet, etc) and explains why he is who he is.

Definitively recommending this book to everyone! Especially to Thanos fans.

Currently reading the "Titan Consumed" IW prequel novel by Barry Lyga.

Such a great book! It fleshes out Thanos's backstory on Titan (his plan to save his people, the relationship with his father, his exile from the planet, etc) and explains why he is who he is.

Definitively recommending this book to everyone! Especially to Thanos fans.
I actually just barely finished it. Very good read, IMO

why'd they drop the whole "Rhodey is paralyzed" sub-plot. They raised the stakes in the trailer that he might have died and it was just a life threatening injury. I had hoped it'd give the character something more to do. Have a disabled Avenger? Perhaps Rhodey suffering from PTSD like many other service personnel. Or have him wondering if he'd ever suit up again. That could have given Tony some fear and doubts of the accords at the end of Civil War.

I kinda wish we got a proper follow-up in Infinity War.

In CW sure, but we could have seen further trauma on Rhodey's part. And the same in IW; though it was years later. We could have had literally 60 more seconds which explained it. Have the scene at the Avengers HQ open up where he's sitting and Ross asking if he's up for the task at hand. Suiting up as WM again( because we don't know if he's been doing the Avenger thing over the years or if it was just IM and Vision). We see Rhodey straining and unsure of himself. He hadn't suited up in months or years. But the world needed him and both Tony and Vision are missing.

60 additional seconds could have sold that in IW.

Literally, why go to the trouble of him nearly dying in the last one (and potentially adding something for the character) for it to be immediately dropped.

why'd they drop the whole "Rhodey is paralyzed" sub-plot. They raised the stakes in the trailer that he might have died and it was just a life threatening injury. I had hoped it'd give the character something more to do. Have a disabled Avenger? Perhaps Rhodey suffering from PTSD like many other service personnel. Or have him wondering if he'd ever suit up again. That could have given Tony some fear and doubts of the accords at the end of Civil War.

I kinda wish we got a proper follow-up in Infinity War.

In CW sure, but we could have seen further trauma on Rhodey's part. And the same in IW; though it was years later. We could have had literally 60 more seconds which explained it. Have the scene at the Avengers HQ open up where he's sitting and Ross asking if he's up for the task at hand. Suiting up as WM again( because we don't know if he's been doing the Avenger thing over the years or if it was just IM and Vision). We see Rhodey straining and unsure of himself. He hadn't suited up in months or years. But the world needed him and both Tony and Vision are missing.

60 additional seconds could have sold that in IW.

Literally, why go to the trouble of him nearly dying in the last one (and potentially adding something for the character) for it to be immediately dropped.

Endgame might address it.

There probably just wasn’t time. Unfortunately with all those characters, they had to focus on the immediacy of Thanos. I personally wanted a line or two of reaction from Falcon and Rhodes in Wakanda about a secret city of technologically advanced Africans and we didn’t get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"