Batman Begins The Batman Begins General Discussion Thread

One of my favorite tracks from Batman Begins. A small subtle piece.

Last edited:
There's something wonderful about seeing those old boobtube monitors in this clip yet the CGI actually looks as legit as anything you'd see in a blockbuster today or better. I know the clip isn't low res but my eyes cannot see the difference at all.
The cgi still looks fantastic.

I still wish they kept that suit and implemented the TDK neck/cowl.

Crazy how they started with a dope suit and then got worse.

Always love this shot.

34f27117d1592e618e3027e3efe98fce20196641.gifv

I still remember my reaction when I saw this shot for the first time

Christian-Bale-in-Batman-Begins-2005.jpg

I remember not being AS sold on that photo because Bale's face looked a bit awkward, I thought. And the cowl wasn't as flattering there.

THESE photos sold me. These were the next shots released.

BD-3849.jpg

batimage1.jpg

Last edited:
Another great shot that I remember got randomly dropped. The 'Begins' suit is a thing of beauty, really. I love the next suit - but this one is underrated.

latest

I still remember my reaction when I saw this shot for the first time

Christian-Bale-in-Batman-Begins-2005.jpg
The gap between B&R and Begins was so long before superhero films became a regular presence that after a certain point, I think I had kind of given up hope of seeing another Batman movie. I wasn’t even paying much attention in the lead up to production on Begins. (Although I do recall being somewhat disappointed that David Boreanaz wasn’t cast, so go figure.)

But then seeing this picture in Entertainment Weekly? Finally seeing an actor in the suit again? Knowing that another movie was actually happening? Magical.

Some more shots from that shoot that I've never seen before -

Batman Begins/Gallery | Batman Wiki | Fandom

This gallery is awesome.

10oi.jpg

I've never seen that one before, such a classic pose!
It's crazy it apparently hasn't been used on packaging and such. At least I don't remember it.

I'm one of those who never really made complete peace with TDK suit, but man, I tend to forget too quickly how good Bale looked in Begins...
I love how, despite the details, the costume still looks quite streamlined, especially with the right lighting (for that matter, I'll never understand what they did for the bank scene at the beginning of TDK... it looked so ugly there).

I need to rewatch this movie again one of these days. It's been years since I last watched it, and it's still my favorite of the Nolan era...

Last edited:
I remember not being AS sold on that photo because Bale's face looked a bit awkward, I thought. And the cowl wasn't as flattering there.

THESE photos sold me. These were the next shots released.

BD-3849.jpg

batimage1.jpg

The funny thing about the photos from this promo shoot is it's a location we never really see in the movie. My head canon is this is the Nolanverse Ace Chemicals. :oldrazz:

This year will mark 20 years ago both since the announcement of Nolan signing on and Bale being cast. 20. Freaking. Years. F***! :eek:

The funny thing about the photos from this promo shoot is it's a location we never really see in the movie. My head canon is this is the Nolanverse Ace Chemicals. :oldrazz:

This year will mark 20 years ago both since the announcement of Nolan signing on and Bale being cast. 20. Freaking. Years. F***! :eek:

It kinda looks like the stairs during the monorail scene when Rachel was cornered. But that's speculation after not seeing the film since last February.

Also, it shocks me that we're further from now to Batman Begins than we were from Batman Begins to Batman '89.

clear.png

This trailer is music to my ears.

Even now, this film still looks fresh.

I think Neeson is underrated for what he brought to the series. This trailer really highlights how he adds so much instant gravitas with every line he delivers.

And, whitewashing aspect aside, I think he plays a great Ra's that feels very true to the character in spirit.

One thing I'm bummed about with these films is the absence of Arkham Asylum going forward.

It was so grungey, so atmospheric. Same thing with the Narrows.

This film also took place more at nighttime, with a lot of rain.

The next two films, as much as I love them, just felt like a separate universe at times. They lacked all that grungey atmosphere and grit.

It's a shame.

Even in the main city, not the Narrows, the streets were dank and dirty.

It's like Batman literally cleaned up the streets between films.

I think Neeson is underrated for what he brought to the series. This trailer really highlights how he adds so much instant gravitas with every line he delivers.

And, whitewashing aspect aside, I think he plays a great Ra's that feels very true to the character in spirit.

He definitely felt like the David Warner voiced Ra's in the animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"