The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer that upper-class take. For him to imitate a terrible cockney accent in order to sound "Well 'ard", just doesn't give him an edge. It eliminates it.

I would love to see Robert Patrick as the Penguin. I could totally see him being the tough looking mobster on the outside who is a sniveling snitch on the inside. I would like the take on the character to basically be Patrick's character in Copland, only with class.

Since when has Penguin looked like a "tough mobster"?

When the Arkham games took over the public's minds? :o

But even then, he still looks more like the Penguin than some of the actors I've seen suggested.

But he wasn't a tough mobster in the Arkham games. :huh:

Well where does this come from? Talks of tough mobster, Ray Winstone and comparisons to Wilson Fisk?

Arkham has an influence on these thoughts.

It may, but nothing in the Arkham games show him physically as a tough mobster. :shrug:

It's the cockney accent that does it...They automatically end up seeing Ray Winstone, Danny Dyer or Vinnie Jones :o

When I say "tough mobster" I mean a guy who would operate a club that is a total front. I don't mean a physical presence, I mean a characterization. Or, more to the point, I mean the way in which someone who would run a criminal operation through a nightclub would be in real life. I consider such a person to be a mobster that would have to be willing to order the dirty work to be performed. Such a person I consider to be "tough" and their profession is a mobster. Hence the term "tough mobster." In the comics, Penguin can talk a pretty big game and doesn't back down from his criminal brethren. Again, I consider that "tough," even if he does at times play both sides and eat them out to the cops or Batman if it suits his needs.

And I've never played an Arkham game.

Dang. This is a tough room...or is it? I don't even know anymore.

So someone I thought of for Commissioner Gordon, other than the otherwise perfect Bryan Cranston, is Josh Brolin. I mean I still kinda wish he was cast as older Batman, but I can also see him pulling off James.

Brolin is a good actor and could be a great Gordon. My #1 has always been Kurt Russell. But Brolin would be a different and good take on the character as well.

Kurt and Josh would both be excellent.

Just a thought- it would never happen- but Tommy Lee Jones would be great as Commissioner Loeb as he appeared in Year One.

Brolin is already busy with Thanos.

Tommy Lee Jones is too busy falling asleep.

Eh, Thanos doesn't seem like a role that takes up much time.

I think the only thing that'd get in the way maybe a MCU vs WB DCU clause.

Contracts may stop him from pursuing such a role. Gordon could also be dead, for all we know.

If Affleck is directing, Cranston can't be far away.

Contracts may stop him from pursuing such a role. Gordon could also be dead, for all we know.

If Affleck is directing, Cranston can't be far away.

What, based on the one movie they've done together?

I mean, he's just a phone call away. He enjoyed his time on Argo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"