The BATSUIT Thread

I think the only real upgrade I’d love to see to the suit would be ears closer to Keaton’s cowl.

I think the Arkham Suits are all incredibly ugly. With ears too big (Kelley Jones style) in the first two games and too mechanical and over engineered on Arkham Knight. The Batman strikes a fantastic balance in having a handmade but also comic booky looking suit. My only complaint is that occasionally the ears look too skinny.

I think the Arkham Suits are all incredibly ugly. With ears too big (Kelley Jones style) in the first two games and too mechanical and over engineered on Arkham Knight. The Batman strikes a fantastic balance in having a handmade but also comic booky looking suit. My only complaint is that occasionally the ears look too skinny.

That's the vibe I got from this suit.

The scene that cements this as the best batsuit is incredibly simple.
In one of the first fights at the Iceberg Lounge, there is a medium shot of Batman jumping over a rail that's above his waist, only to land below and keep fighting, in the same take. I simply can't imagine any other batsuit accomplishing a scene like this and keeping it as fluid.

I don't see why that Dark Knight/Rises suit couldn't have done this same scene. That suit was very nimble.

Even Affleck's was quite fluid.

Pattinson has a good, functional suit but I don't think it's fair to act like it's the first functional one ever.

The suit looked good on camera, and Batman's fight choreography and stunts also looked good.

AND WE COULD ACTUALLY SEE THEM!

Lack of batarangs, but I did like this film's use of the grapple hook and grapnelling. Especially where he does that vertical line run with the metal girder.

Last edited:
I don't see why that Dark Knight/Rises suit couldn't have done this same scene. That suit was very nimble.

Even Affleck's was quite fluid.

Pattinson has a good, functional suit but I don't think it's fair to act like it's the first functional one ever.

Yeah, people are really exaggerating the lack of mobility in the previous suits-- it was really just the neck in the Burton/Schumacher era that was the main problem.

Obviously not an exhaustive list, but if we're going from the TB example with the railing that was just given, in TDK he does that roll through the window of Lau's office, Kilmer's suit had plenty of acrobatic moments, Keaton does that roll when he's dodging the Ray Charles thug etc.

I don't think it was an issue of mobility with Nolan films. It was how the action and fighting were generally shot and framed.

Plus, the DCEU suit looked like Dark Knight Returns Batman. He basically looked like a big tank. Didn't look like it was built for speed and technique in hand to hand combat.

The only fight scene where we could see what he could actually do with it was like two hours into a very polarizing film. And it was basically like an Arkham game fight scene done in live action.

Last edited:
Having finally seen the movie, I’m ready to call this my favorite Batsuit. I adore the way Bruce conceives and builds all his own equipment, and how the movie grounds it within the context of it all being kinda crazy and he doesn’t quite know how some of the stuff is gonna work.

I never remember Batman gliding with his cape until the Nolan trilogy and the Batman Arkham games. Don’t recall comics but maybe I’m wrong. I always remember Batman just using his grapple for everything and getting around the city.
As far as I know Batman Returns was actually the first time that a glider was built into the cape. Prior to that he could only use his cape for a short glide if he was falling. However, Returns is the first time where he was able to glide long distances with the cape.

Yeah, it's definitely my favorite live-action Bat-suit so far.

I love how the Bat symbol also serves as his Batarang. I remember when the suit was first revealed and people were speculating whether the chest logo was made with the gun that killed the Waynes. :hehe:

I like the suit, but still not 'perfect', better that it actually has flexibility, saw kilmers comments recently and bales on when they first wore the suit and just how claustrophobic it was, both said that getting a performance past the suit was the hardest part.

I'm not personally a fan of the marvel universe in general but they really know how to suit up. Something between caps suit from winter soldier and black panther would be ideal for me.

As far as realism goes I would be more than happy to believe wayne tech has developed some 'super' next generation cevlar that works like fabric and is super light weight, and doesn't look like rubber!

Definitely one of the best Batman suits on film makes Pattingson look like a beast. Wasn't sold on the cowl at first but damn he could emote really well through it. The cape bellowed in the wind nicely aswell. For the sequel i wouldnt want a overhaul in all honesty. Just streamline a few things

Definitely one of the best Batman suits on film makes Pattingson look like a beast. Wasn't sold on the cowl at first but damn he could emote really well through it. The cape bellowed in the wind nicely aswell. For the sequel i wouldnt want a overhaul in all honesty. Just streamline a few things
Agreed! The suit is way too good for your traditional complete overhaul brand new approach with superhero films. I want them to treat it like Aragorn's costume in the LOTR trilogy. Upgrade a few pieces and add a few accessories over the course of this trilogy, while keeping the base suit the same.

Honestly all I'd want for upgrades is literally just this concept art
FNSGtFJXMAEowqv

Do that + the collar and cowl used in the movie (maybe make the cape a hair shorter for practical reasons) and the suit's perfect imo

Honestly all I'd want for upgrades is literally just this concept art
FNSGtFJXMAEowqv

Do that + the collar and cowl used in the movie (maybe make the cape a hair shorter for practical reasons) and the suit's perfect imo
That's it. That's the one.

It basically incorporates the protection and aesthetic of the equestrian vest into the fabric undersuit. A more streamlined version of the first suit. Perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's definitely my favorite live-action Bat-suit so far.

I love how the Bat symbol also serves as his Batarang. I remember when the suit was first revealed and people were speculating whether the chest logo was made with the gun that killed the Waynes. :hehe:

Yea, that was fun.

T'was more of a bat-knife. I don't remember him ever throwing it.

Agreed! The suit is way too good for your traditional complete overhaul brand new approach with superhero films. I want them to treat it like Aragorn's costume in the LOTR trilogy. Upgrade a few pieces and add a few accessories over the course of this trilogy, while keeping the base suit the same.
It’s my favourite suit of all. They definitely need to keep its base structure. Adding to it/enhancing is fine as they long don’t change its basic assets.

This cowl completely ends the white eye discourse for me. The way Pattinson was able to express himself with his eyes was masterful.

People need to understand that the 'white eyes' Batman only works in comics and animation because they can animate and move his eyes for expression a la how Spider-Man's MCU mask works.

Batman in live action cannot have a cowl like Spider-Man's animatronic mask. Batman's mask is always too armored for that and it just wouldn't work because his cowl forms to his face, unlike Spider-Man's.

Nolan's white-eyes in The Dark Knight were a smart integration of it and it had a purpose. I think something like this could work but only as another tool Batman uses at times.

I still wouldn't be opposed to Detective Mode lenses ala Arkham, used sparingly in certain investigation scenes where Batman maybe analyses finger prints or something roughly similar in the moment. It'd be a great upgrade for him to use, being able to do that type stuff on the fly via Detective Mode rather than having to take the lenses back to the cave to analyse it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"