• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bond 23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how you could have absolutely hated it. It was a bit of a mess, but it had some strong performances, and a couple of good sequences.

It was a disappointment, but it was hardly DAD.

As for Bardem- I seem to be the only person in the world who finds him a little bit overrated.

I still don't know what happened in the boat scene. It was all a blur.

I remember the footchase, the jumping out of the plane which was pretty impressive, the opera scene (the best sequence in the film) among other things.

Bardem as a Red Grant type villain would be awesome especially after his portrayal in NCFOM. Bardem and Craig going toe to toe would be awesome!!

Ajendo stop getting my hopes up! :woot:

If Bardem signs, I'm there opening day.

Despite the fact that I hated the last film.

I didn't hate it, it had its flaws sure, but I thought it was a pretty enjoyable film overall.

Will Bardem here be a more menacing villain than Anton Chigurh? I doubt it.

yeah QoS was ok i would say. what did bug me the most was the shaky cam and the fast cutting. CR was smoother in my opinion.

I remember the footchase, the jumping out of the plane which was pretty impressive, the opera scene (the best sequence in the film) among other things.

People often point out CGI brosnan as a big detractor in "Die Another Day"

I point out CGI Daniel Craig freefalling as QOS's fault.

Ralph Fiennes in Talks For Bond 23

Ralph Fiennes is being lined up as one of the stars of the next James Bond movie.

I can reveal that his Hollywood representatives are in discussions with the producers and director Sam Mendes about a role in the film that so far is known only as James Bond 23.

Mendes, who will direct Daniel Craig as Bond and Judi Dench as M, has spoken to Fiennes about taking on what has been described to me as ‘a darkly complex’ role.

Fiennes is not interested in the usual run-of-the-mill action picture, but he was intrigued when he was told of Mendes’s ‘revolutionary’ plans for Bond 23.

‘It’s the first of a new generation of Bond films, and the ideas Mendes has push the film into darker territory where the characters are modern, mature and challenging,’ a film executive in Los Angeles connected to the production told me.

At the moment, the situation with Fiennes is purely at the discussion stage.

I was told Fiennes was approached because ‘the part is one of extreme complexity and only an actor of great ability and dexterity can take it on — and Ralph’s name is top of our list’.

From what I can gather, it’s not the same part that’s being talked about for Javier Bardem.

I’m told a couple of other major names are being courted for roles in the picture.

At one point Kevin Spacey was spoken to about doing Bond 23, but he was alreadly gearing up to play Richard III, which Mendes is directing at the Old Vic from June 18.

Source

It's only in discussion stage but if Fiennes does accept the role it'd be just marvellous.

If Fiennes feels that way he shouldn't have done Clash of the Titans :angry:

Then again he does play a good Voldemort.

I hope they don't get too many big stars in the new movie.

I guess they are going to push the shades of grey thing further. Are they going to push the whole Ra's Al Ghul or eco-terror angle with Quantum further?

pretty cool i would be down with fiennes in bond.

Can't wait for this film.

Sounds good, wonder what sort of role Fiennes would be playing that involves being "darkly complex", hopefully Guy Haines.

I hope they don't get too many big stars in the new movie.

yep... as much as i Like Fiennes the strongest asset of the Bond movies is to reveal new talents (Eva green, Gemma Arterton)... I do hope they don't cast too many big names in this !

If Feinnes joins, that's it. Game over. This movie will have my full 100% attention.

movie has my full attention because of the director and Craig. and no writters strike.

Hopefully he signs asap so they could at least give us some details.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that scene. Pretty short, but awesome.

[YT]cu_C5lQiecE[/YT]

Javier Bardem AND Ralph Fiennes in a Daniel Craig Bond? Count me the **** in.

The opera scene is the best part of QoS. I also like the scene with Quantum and the ear pieces at the opera. But overall i was disappointed by QoS.

Fiennes, Bardem, and Craig all in a Bond film?

Mother of ****ing God I am SO in.

Jesus, I wouldn't know what to do. The only thing I can think of is to explode.

Between Fiennes and Bardem I'm liking the potential casting suggestions so far. Haven't been this excited for Bond since CR.

I wonder what Sam Mendes's "Revolutionary Plans for Bond 23" are?? Makes me sound even more interested in this movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"