Homecoming The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Currently now looking at $94M weekend.
Looking at Justice League's numbers come in:
Chris-Farley-Smile-to-Shock-Reaction.gif

Turns out it was a bad prediction after all... Because it was too high.

Currently now looking at $94M weekend.

Wow. So JL isn't critic proof after all.
I don't believe it. There is a very real possibility of SMH being the biggest superhero movie of year. Didn't see that coming after ASM 2.

Wow. So JL isn't critic proof after all.
I don't believe it. There is a very real possibility of SMH being the biggest superhero movie of year. Didn't see that coming after ASM 2.

You don't think Thor: Ragnarok can catch/beat it?

I see the numbers, if it has great legs going into 2018, I think it'll be close.

You don't think Thor: Ragnarok can catch/beat it?

I see the numbers, if it has great legs going into 2018, I think it'll be close.

Before I would have said no as JL would have eaten into TR overall take but with JL tanking HARD, it's certainly possible.

I think it's 50/50 at this point as to whether Thor3 can beat SM:H WW. Same as DOM. Thor3 is tracking 17% ahead of Doctor Strange for the same time frame and 11% ahead of GotGV2 world wide. Either of those holding true through the end of it's run would give it's DOM total somewhere between $60-98M more(not counting the additional monies from OS). Thor3 is currently $142M WW behind SM:H. If we just hypothetically assign Thor3 a DOM total in the middle of that range($79M) and figure about a comparable number from OS yet to come in and it certainly could pass SM:H by $10-20M or so. It could crack $900M WW. Personally I want it to reach $906M so the Thor franchise can crack the $2 billion mark from it's 3 movies, something both Iron Man and Captain America have already done.

Ragnarok beating Homecoming is very unlikely as well. Homecoming should be the highest grossing superhero movie of 2017.

Ragnarok beating Homecoming is very unlikely as well. Homecoming should be the highest grossing superhero movie of 2017.

They're only 4 million apart with the same time frame.
You're probably right.

They're only 4 million apart with the same time frame.
You're probably right.
Yes, Homecoming is nearly $4.5M ahead of Ragnarok after the 3rd weekend, and that's after Ragnarok opened $5.7M higher than Homecoming did. So Ragnarok has already lost over $10M on Homecoming since opening weekend, even with Ragnarok being helped a bit by a small holiday(Veteran's Day) while Homecoming was not.

It's clear which one of the two has more momentum at the domestic box office at the same point. Homecoming's 3rd weekend number is even slightly ahead of Ragnarok's 3rd domestic weekend, and Homecoming was still going in July, with very strong weekday numbers in comparison. Domestically, I really can't see Ragnarok finishing ahead of Homecoming. OS, it may have an outside shot, but that's unlikely as well. Worldwide even more so.

Yes, Homecoming is nearly $4.5M ahead of Ragnarok after the 3rd weekend, and that's after Ragnarok opened $5.7M higher than Homecoming did. So Ragnarok has already lost over $10M on Homecoming since opening weekend, even with Ragnarok being helped a bit by a small holiday(Veteran's Day) while Homecoming was not.

It's clear which one of the two has more momentum at the domestic box office at the same point. Homecoming's 3rd weekend number is even slightly ahead of Ragnarok's 3rd domestic weekend, and Homecoming was still going in July, with very strong weekday numbers in comparison. Domestically, I really can't see Ragnarok finishing ahead of Homecoming. OS, it may have an outside shot, but that's unlikely as well. Worldwide even more so.

Aloha,
The outstanding part of Homecoming is its LEGS! I was reading a review that talked about movie studios wanting to see their profits within the first week or two of the movie. Homecomings second week was scary. But then it kept going and going and going.I want Thor to do well, I just don't see Ragnorak beating 880 million.700 million definitely.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
The outstanding part of Homecoming is its LEGS! I was reading a review that talked about movie studios wanting to see their profits within the first week or two of the movie. Homecomings second week was scary. But then it kept going and going and going.I want Thor to do well, I just don't see Ragnorak beating 880 million.700 million definitely.
Spidey rules

It is already past 700 million.

Thor has a shot at catching Spider-Man but there is no chance that JL does at this time.

Wow, so JL missed the mark...and Spidey is going to end the year having trounced the Justice League.
Way to go, Spidey!

I think Ragnarok will end up around 830-850M WW after its run. I think Spidey won 2017 at the box office (MCU and DCeU films that is).

It made another $28,867 this weekend in 77 theaters in its 20th weekend of release. Still going strong, guys! :p

BO update...November 19, 2017

Sm $403,706,375 / $821,708,551
sm2 $373,585,825 / $783,766,341
sm3 $336,530,303 / $890,871,626
asm $262,030,663 / $757,930,663
asm2 $202,853,933 / $708,982,323
sm:hc $334,166,825 / $$880,132,609

can it pass SM3...? not likely...but still damn good...

needs $2,363,478 / $10,739,017

It is already past 700 million.

Aloha,
Well see, I was right:cwink:
Now we just have to wait and see what kind of legs Thor has. I'm very happy for the Thor franchise. I always thought there were many movies out there over the years that proved that a Thor movie could do well.
I wouldn't be upset if it beat Homecoming I would be surprised at it's legs to achieve that.
Spidey rules

We need a gif on the ferry guy saying “Yeah Spider-man!”

So thor is about 90 million behind this for WW do you guys think it will catch this? Also about 57 million behind USA wise.

JL is out the window but I do think Thor will catch up to spidey at the end of its run. Which is still a win for the MCU.

JL is out the window but I do think Thor will catch up to spidey at the end of its run. Which is still a win for the MCU.

Benning that I am not a box office expert what kind of WW numbers do you think JL will end at? I know its not doing great but its OS numbers I think are still doing while. JL and Batman vs superman should have both been easy billion dollar movies with JL being the first time seeing several DC hero's together for the first time and Batman vs superman being the first movie with both in it. Just shows how much damage DC has created with its bad reviews and bad WOM.

How much money would you all reckon Batman v Superman made from home entertainment releases?

So thor is about 90 million behind this for WW do you guys think it will catch this? Also about 57 million behind USA wise.
Thor won't catch it domestically or worldwide.
How much money would you all reckon Batman v Superman made from home entertainment releases?
Deadline did the math for BvS, they they say the studio's share for Home Entertainment(worldwide) was $152.8M:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"