Homecoming The Box Office Thread - Part 2

Spidey back to the top! (for CBMs)

Thor won't catch it domestically or worldwide.

Deadline did the math for BvS, they they say the studio's share for Home Entertainment(worldwide) was $152.8M:
7qMi1M9.png

http://deadline.com/2017/03/batman-v-superman-box-office-profit-2016-1202049201/
Thanks iEquinox!

What makes you sure?

Aloha,
Because
SPIDEY RULES:ilv:
And the legs for Thor to hit 880M at this point in it's release would be record breaking in and of itself. But I am very pleased at the GREAT numbers Thor has amassed.

About thor I think it still has a shoot at catching Spider-Man its only about 64 million behind Spider-Man now. Now the movie has been out for 5 weekends and on average movies have made 90 of there money by the end of weekend 5. Now if you take that 90 thing then the movie still has around another 90 million left. That would be 26 million more then it needs. Now if it dosnt it may be because of star wars. This next week is the last weekend with out star wars. So that may crush it big time but if not for that I don't know people would be so sure it cant get to like 900 million.

About thor I think it still has a shoot at catching Spider-Man its only about 64 million behind Spider-Man now. Now the movie has been out for 5 weekends and on average movies have made 90 of there money by the end of weekend 5. Now if you take that 90 thing then the movie still has around another 90 million left. That would be 26 million more then it needs. Now if it dosnt it may be because of star wars. This next week is the last weekend with out star wars. So that may crush it big time but if not for that I don't know people would be so sure it cant get to like 900 million.
That 90% thing is a very bad way of predicting box office. It ignores literally every single bit of context we have. Even without Star Wars it would be clear as day at this point that Ragnarok will not reach $900M.

That 90% thing is a very bad way of predicting box office. It ignores literally every single bit of context we have. Even without Star Wars it would be clear as day at this point that Ragnarok will not reach $900M.

I know the 90% thing is not a set in stone thing but how is it that clear that Thor cant make another 64 million to catch Spider-Man? Its been having sold drops.

64m for Thor with Star Wars coming out in literally a weeks time is a tough ask.
Every movie cinema worldwide is going to give all the screens to SW as possible knowing those screens will sell out.

Last edited:
I know the 90% thing is not a set in stone thing but how is it that clear that Thor cant make another 64 million to catch Spider-Man? Its been having sold drops.
Because solid drops won't be enough.

So you're saying Homecoming could remain the king of 2017 comic book movies at the box office? DAYUMMMM!

Wouldn't that be a hell of a victory. In a year of Wonder Woman, Justice League, Logan, Thor Raganork, and GOTG 2, Spidey's reboot is the one that is king of the box office.

And people said reboot fatigue would be a big drawback on it.

Wouldn't that be a hell of a victory. In a year of Wonder Woman, Justice League, Logan, Thor Raganork, and GOTG 2, Spidey's reboot is the one that is king of the box office.

Spidey is killing it. To those who talked about fatigue...
...with $880 million in the bank?
I wish my bank account was that tired!

Thor is a 840m. Think it still has a shot a 40m to catch SMH?

Thor is a 840m. Think it still has a shot a 40m to catch SMH?
Thor has a shot at another $40M, but unless something very unexpected happens, it doesn't have a shot at catching Homecoming(Thor is at $820M btw).

When talking BO with friends, I predicted this way earlier in the year! They thought it would be Guardians 2. I win! Lol

When talking BO with friends, I predicted this way earlier in the year! They thought it would be Guardians 2. I win! Lol

Amazing. Spectacular.
But, I want to see how much Thor gets before crowning Spider-Man.

Homecoming will definitely remain the highest grossing CBM of 2017.

Ragnarok has done very well, but it won't reach $880M.

Homecoming will definitely remain the highest grossing CBM of 2017.

Ragnarok has done very well, but it won't reach $880M.

Aloha,
Thor has done fantastic. As of this writing, its total Box office is 816.4 million USD. I do not see it making 64 plus million. But it ain't over until Dec 31st, so let's keep checking out the numbers. BTW- Homecomings final numbers for movie release is 880.2 million.:csh::spidey:
Spidey rules

Spider-Man: Homecoming has finished its run with over $334M domestic after 21 weeks.

It finishes with a 2.86 box office multiplier, 5th best out of all 16 MCU movies.

However most sequels don't have as good legs as origin movies. For MCU origin movies, S:H 2.86 multiplier is middle of the pack, 5th best out of 9 movies.

Overwhelmed with Homecoming's performance. Can't wait to see Spidey back in action come May!

So according to deadline's calculations, Homecoming was the #7 most profitable movie of 2017:
http://deadline.com/2018/03/spider-man-homecoming-box-office-profit-2017-1202350621/

Just reminds me of when things like this were being posted in this thread:
Anyone who thinks this film is performing well is delusional.
The scary part is that SMH is about to gross less than TASM2 despite better critical reception and word of mouth and might even go down as a flop. Like, it might legitimately lose money.
Good times :oldrazz:

A lot of people are eating their words over that.

Hi everybody!

It was an impressive box office performance.

You just can't keep Spidey down. He always come back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"