The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Sabrina the Teenage Witch ‘Riverdale’ Companion Series In Works At the CW
The CW has put in development The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, eyed as a companion series to Riverdale for the 2018-19 season. It comes from the same team as Riverdale: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. TV, with Aguirre-Sacasa, who penned the Riverdale pilot, and Lee Toland Krieger, who directed it, reprising their roles on the Sabrina pilot.

A dark drama in the horror genre, The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is worlds away from the bubbly 1996 Sabrina, the Teenage Witch comedy series starring Melissa Joan Hart. The new project reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.
Yaaaaaaaaasssss!!!

I haven't seen Riverdale, but I'm potentially interested in this.

I will say there's some disconnect between comparing it to Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and calling it The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. That sounds more like Goosebumps. Marketing needs to get on that.

I remember some source claiming that SABRINA would get a guest-shot during RIVERDALE's first season, but I don't think that came off.

Ditto that this would be better framed as being in GOOSEBUMPS, or at least BUFFY, territory.

Great news.

I guess this means she won't be showing up on Riverdale. Definitely more interested in this cause I'm a bigger fan of Sabrina than of the Archie gang.

excited-crying-fans.gif

I guess this means she won't be showing up on Riverdale. Definitely more interested in this cause I'm a bigger fan of Sabrina than of the Archie gang.

What makes you say that? They will want to get Sabrina some exposure to the audience and Riverdale is the perfect way to do that.

They'll probably do crossovers like Arrowverse. She may even appear on Riverdale this season like Flash did on Arrow.

So Riverdale doing a Halloween episode or no this year? That would make the most sense for a Sabrina cameo.

sabfilm9.jpeg

[YT]xmelTlEzI34[/YT]

This better include Sabrina's Groovie Goolies!

Although they'll probably go sparkle vampires, and twilight werewolves look, seems to go with the show.
Or at least similar to Buffy's Angel & Spike as vampires, and Daniel Oz Osbourne (Seth Green) as werewolf, who pretty much was their version of Wolfie, beatnik, stoner, surfer dude, werewolf.

hqdefault.jpg

1w8kds.gif

Last edited:

Riverdale gets 22 episodes this season. Plenty of room for a back door pilot in the back half of the season.

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Eliza Dushku

:up:

https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/913110760322080768
RobertoAguirreSacasa
@WriterRAS

Let the witchhunt begin… #sabrina, #cw, #greendale, #riverdale

DKwFZU3VwAA7wBk.jpg
https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/915345647691112453
RobertoAguirreSacasa
@WriterRAS

Perfect project for October as the #Riverdale family expands… And 9 days to premiere night…
DLP2A57UEAARwxT.jpg
If they're casting already, I have to imagine she'll be popping in on Riverdale S2. Otherwise casting wouldn't begin until like January/February.

Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist
Couldn't help but notice they played the opening lullaby from Rosemary's Baby over the Greendale scene in last night's episode.

Christina Ricci would make a good aunt.

Yeah, got happy when they said Greendale in that voiceover. So the investigation will go to that town and they can introduce her.

I have never been interested in Riverdale, but this I may take a look at...
Definitely hope it's more in the vein of Buffy than Rosemary. Had a crush on Melissa Joan Hart back in the day.:woot:

Umm just curious the ones saying it should be like buffy have you actually read the comic it’s based on its twisted as all ****

Her aunts are demons she’s betrothed to the devil. Her dads a bastard and takes over Harvey’s body, she has an enemy called madam Satan

If they play this right it’s gonna be really kick ass proper horror.

That and I can’t wait for the parent groups to lose they’re collective ****s lol

So, it sounds like the casting call is for open ethnicity. I wonder what the freak out would be like if they chose someone not white for Sabrina.

Maybe I just wasn't looking for it, but I'm surprised there wasn't much fuss over Veronica/Reggie/the Pussycats getting race-swapped. Then again, they're not the title character, so I guess we'll see.

Too big of news for the bottom of the page so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"