No Way Home The Crowd Reactions Thread (Spoilers)

Most of the reactions i seen did react to that moment so i'd say the majority were aware.

Seen quite a few youtube filmed reactions

Andrew reveal, Tobey reveal, and Andrew saving MJ got the loudest reactions. Only a couple of people reacted to daredevil

I haven't been in a theater were people applauded since Endgame, so today was a treat. My theater clapped/cheered at Murdoch, Tobey and Andrew.

It finally hit me how much experiencing and seeing these theater reactions remind me of old sit com laugh tracks. Especially something like Married with Children. When Bud or Al suddenly enters a room and the laugh track just starts hooting and hollering like crazy, that's what we do in MCU movies now when there is a big unveiling lol.
Yeah, but a bit more dramatic than that I hope. :D

Yeah it was weird. Rowdy crowd, I think it must have been fans of each particular Spidey reacting to other Spideys.
Haha, dumb to boo them though unless done as a joke.

The theater reaction to this film at my showing was nothing short of insane. I have never been with a crowd so loud before for a movie, and I was there for every major blockbuster in the last 20 years. It was magic.

List of scenes and moments that got the biggest reactions at my screening in order

1. Matt Murdock reveal
2. Green Goblin arriving at the bridge
3. Aunt May reciting "With great power comes great responsibilty"
4. Andrew reveal
5. Tobey reveal
6. Andrew catching MJ
7. Tobey, Andrew, Tom jumping off the scaffolding at the same time
8. Tobey getting stabbed
9. Post credit scene with Tom Hardy/Venom

Any sold out showing with a high percentage of HS/college girls, Andrew’s entrance got them screaming and hooting with delight.

Opening night crowd was a great experience for me, the atmosphere was electric in a way it isn't often. People freaked out at Matt Murdock, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Dafoe saying his scientist line, big time for Andrew, biggest for Tobey, and many of the lines between the three Spidey's elicited lots of laughter and claps, Andrew's save, Electro's Miles line, Tobey and Molina's reunion, Tobey getting stabbed, Tobey's casual lines about being okay, it was a good time.

had a pretty small audience at my showing (maybe 30 people there) but from the moment I walking in the theater there was a group of teens in line getting their tickets (one of which must of spotted my shirt) an yelled to me " you here for spider-man?... I am here for Tom Holland!!! lets gooo!!" and heard that same kid through out the movie yelling "lets goo" at every scene lol

I didn't have a full house for my screening last night (first one for me) but it was pretty solid. All the reactions at the right moments that others have listed here.

Me? I went full Rich Evans when Tobey showed up: "OH, MY GAAAAAAWD!!!" I swear I didn't plan that! It just came out like that, lol

To add to what's already been mentioned:

At my first viewing (not opening day but last Tuesday 12/21) which was almost completely packed, an absolute ton of people laughed at the Avi Arad mention in the credits. :hehe:

Also one guy yelled "rent!" when Holland's Peter walked into his new apartment at the end and we heard that line "rent is due on the first of the month". Heh, that would be something if they decide to bring back Mr. Ditkovich for more multiverse movies! (as unlikely as that might be though)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"