The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

It doesnt necessarily have to be trunks, it could be some red color down there and to the sides. Eh.
Personally, that's what I think will happen. Some red to break it up, but no trunks.

Personally, that's what I think will happen. Some red to break it up, but no trunks.

We definitely getting a brighter shade of blue for sure. I would've prefer a lighter blue for mos suit too.

eda898ed1337ffd471444438b8e0cbfd.jpg

81430beb9324f6bc5e4abd620e8ec90b.jpg

We definitely getting a brighter shade of blue for sure. I would've prefer a lighter blue for mos suit too.

eda898ed1337ffd471444438b8e0cbfd.jpg

81430beb9324f6bc5e4abd620e8ec90b.jpg
Is this an example of the lighter blue you would go for? Personally I would go much lighter, closer to the Reeve suit. I also just cant stand the shine on any Superman suit, Reeve didn't have it but then bloody Lois and Clark comes along burning my eyes out.

I do like the shinier aspect of that costume, but I was never too crazy about the piping nor the the fake-looking abs.

I really liked the MoS suit, but in general, I don't like superhero suits with that shiny, "plastic-y" look. I'd prefer they get away from that approach.

The shiny look just looks less comforting, it also looks slimy. I love the matte look of S:TM suit, it looks like it would be soft and comfortable to hug.

Superman: Legacy Cast – James Gunn’s Top Choices for His DC Movie – The Hollywood Reporter!

David Corenswet, who recently played the ill-fated projectionist opposite Mia Goth in Pearl, is among the top contenders to play Kent, aka Superman, advancing to the screen test stage that will likely take place after Memorial Day or in early June, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Two other contenders may also be in the mix, but their identities remain unknown.

giphy.gif

Casting will come literally any day now.

I'm not against David Cornflakes as stated earlier but I'm going to put my bet on that he wont be cast as Supes. I think we are going to get an almost total unknown.

I'm amazed at myself that I have no favorite choice for superman, I did for both SR and MoS.
I was heavily invested in both those films in casting wants and wishes. Not so much this time.

It's not that I don't care or anything, it's that I'm more concerned this time that the film itself is the best it can be, ie, the tone, the suit, the look, the score, etc etc. Get that right and we have a winner.

Get It wrong and it doesn't really matter whom is cast.

If the film turns out to be some awful joke filled comedy, the actor(s) will share in the blame.
( and for the record, I don't think it will be awful. far from it. It will probably be the best superman film we've seen since S:TM. And yes, I think it will be that good. )

Besides, Gunn has pretty much nailed castings in his previous films anyway, so whom is cast doesn't really concern me.

And to be honest, I'm more curious/excited about whom is cast as Lex than I am Clark.
Will we FINALLY get the Lex that most of us desperately want? I think so.

Last edited:
( and for the record, I don't think it will be awful. far from it. It will Probably be the best superman film we've seen since S:TM. Yes, I think it will be that good. )
To be fair that's an incredibly low bar.

To be fair that's an incredibly low bar.
They got the look, the tone, the feel, and for that time the suit, absolutely perfect.
The portrayal of Lex was disappointing tho.
The films we have gotten since then, SR and MoS won't be hard to surpass.

Is this an example of the lighter blue you would go for? Personally I would go much lighter, closer to the Reeve suit. I also just cant stand the shine on any Superman suit, Reeve didn't have it but then bloody Lois and Clark comes along burning my eyes out.

The dark blue suit with a sheen was definitely a thing in 90s Superman media.

dean-cane-2-6-2016-c-1.jpg

nic-cage-435-aed5aa56b7b044188bfd12be9ea3a166.jpg

doomsday.jpg

The MoS suit was cool. The lack of color ruined it for me, but it looked better in BVS. Can't say the same for the movie.

Yeah I have no complaints about the MOS suit other than the fact that it was lit with a fluorescent office lamp from 1985 for most of the movie.

its kind of funny how much "better" or notable the lois lane castings are than clark's come to think of it. If Hoult is actually for Lex the reported candidates for Lex are quite a bit more unknown than the lois ones.

Yeah it’s weird that Hoult is the only name that has emerged for Lex, outside of some speculation that Bradley Cooper might have been in consideration but dropped out.

I would definitely like some sheen. A slightly shiny lighter blue would be ideal in my book. Plain blue lycra feels a little boring and simply reminds me of the underwhelming Returns suit.

They got the look, the tone, the feel, and for that time the suit, absolutely perfect.
The portrayal of Lex was disappointing tho.
The films we have gotten since then, SR and MoS won't be hard to surpass.
No I mean the films that have come after SM The Movie and SM2 I guess have all been **** so it's not hard to be the best film since then.

Alright, enough is enough. Give us some crumbs at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"