The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Joel: "Alright George, so in this take I want you to be as condescending and patronizing as possible."

George:

tumblr_pst0rrdJ9n1rrkahjo6_540.gifv

The double entendre of it all.

john-stewart-the-jon-stewart-show.gif

Screenshot_20240421-110712-1.jpg

For what it's worth, Eve Testmacher actress has no idea what that recent tease is about. This is kinda notable since she was at the table read where they read the whole script and well, she'd probably know Ultraman's look as well. Maybe Gunn is not hinting something in Superman but rather some other project set before the film? A Creature Commandos cameo, a Peacemaker flashback or even a videogame. Maaaaybe it could also allude to the Coates project.

Could you imagine if we get multiple suits and this is one of them?

A lot of people would be mad that they changed the logo and it isn't recognizable and then wonder why they get ratioed for it ;)

Posting Superman pages/panels I love every day until we get our first official look at David Corenswet as Superman, Day 19:
View attachment 88202
This is perfect...and also the reason I always hated when people talked about "who would win" because Superman would never truly fight Batman.

The Batman and Superman friendship is something that should never been screwed with. Waid got that, and that is why his run on the Superman/Batman comic is one of my favorites. They antagonize the heck out of each other, but they also are as close as brothers. Its why TDKR is an Elseworlds Tale...its jarring to see a Bruce so broken and distraught and hating Superman. Its also why I friggin hate that comic and hold to the idea it became the reason people started to hate Superman and love Batman. I mean listen to the discourse, it is almost as if it came from the diseased brain of Frank Miller.

You know it's crazy but I don't think I've ever seen a cosplayer wear the original 1938 comic costume.

On one hand, it's surprising. On the other hand, it's not cool like the 1939 OG Batman outfit, and I can see people preferring the Fleischer suit when it comes to Golden Age Superman cosplay.

On one hand, it's surprising. On the other hand, it's not cool like the 1939 OG Batman outfit, and I can see people preferring the Fleischer suit when it comes to Golden Age Superman cosplay.
1713749260028.gif

I’m somewhere in the middle where that New 52 look is concerned. I don’t hate it, but it should never have been a constant that replaced the classic suit. It’s more of a suitable Elseworlds/Ultimate take on Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"