• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

42894-David-Corenswet-Jack-CastelloHollywood-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

2db3800ffad3275684af30edebfb21c1d3fe8f3c.jpg

giphy.gif
People are really making a meal out of the Margot Robbie resemblance, but when Mackey has dark hair, I can only barely see it.

Yeah, it’s kind of there when Mackey’s blonde, but it all but disappears when she’s got dark hair, which she would presumably have as Lois.

Resemblance to Margot Robbie aside, I would still prefer for Rachel Brosnahan to get the role. I feel like she has all of the necessary qualities required to portray a great Lois Lane.

For what it's worth, I don't think there are any plans in the foreseeable future for Robbie to reprise her role as HQ.

I ****ing love this setup for sooo many reasons

That's assuming of course that they actually use Superman as a catalyst for other heroes.

For all we know, Superman could end up getting the MCU Spider-Man treatment where he's just trying to fit within a world that already has superheroes.

I ****ing love this setup for sooo many reasons

I wouldn’t lean too heavily into that too early on (I love Batman, I’ll never complain about too much Batman… but this movie doesn’t need Batman), but I like the general idea.

At least it avoids the inevitable thing we’ve run into a few times where it’s like “This is the FIRST super/costumed hero… until somewhere down the line when we reveal that there were other heroes a few decades earlier.”

i keep forgetting the fact that this will not be an origin story and I wonder what the state of the Clark/Superman/Lois relationship will be. Will Clark still be considered a newbie at the Planet? Will Clark and Lois already have a comradery and trust for one another? Will Lois have a crush on Superman? Will Clark have a crush on Lois?

Still holding out hope for Rachel. She will make such a good Lois. I really hope they let her test with Corenswet atleast, because I have a feeling they will nail it.

Like I said before, from the six possible choices, both of them are best Gunn/WB can do at the moment.

Still holding out hope for Rachel. She will make such a good Lois. I really hope they let her test with Corenswet atleast, because I have a feeling they will nail it.

Like I said before, from the six possible choices, both of them are best Gunn/WB can do at the moment.

Same. But I just did some googling, and the "ticket tip" from her Broadway play indicates that she was free on June 17 and 18. Hence, there was no scheduling conflict that would have prevented her from returning on Sunday together with Mackey. We'll see what happens, though.

While Emma is fine and I can live with her as Lois, Rachel would be a big “what if?”.

Listen, I’d be happy with Brosnahan, but if I can carry on with the nagging “What if?” of Robin Williams playing the Joker, you’ll all be just fine.

As a Jew this whole thread is triggering me!!1!1!! :o:o:o

200w.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"