• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

A certain Film comes to my mind when discussing a director doing his own thing and crapping on the IP's fan base and its long history of film(s) and comics, Godzilla 98.
That's what not to do.

What you DO make, is Godzilla minus one.

A certain Film comes to my mind when discussing a director doing his own thing and crapping on the IP's fan base and its long history of film(s) and comics, Godzilla 98.
That's what not to do.

What you DO make, is Godzilla minus one.
Or (much) better yet, Shin Godzilla :o

Because changing up a Z-list character is definitely the same as having Batman impregnate Lois Lane.

Get over it, seriously, you'e probably 40 years old, and I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand that Snyder movies were hard alternate universe stories just like Batman: White Knight, it's done and acting like a kid about it having trauma over movie is seriously weird, especially after what? 8 years? If we're talking about BvS.

I'm just pointing out, that it's not like Snyder is the only one changing characters or focusing on other parts of their personality, Gunn made from many serious characters straight up clowns like Drax, Vigilante, Mantis and Adam Warlock, they aren't popular like Superman, but many people cared about them and he didn't, he just put his spin on them and now of course he won't do that because Superman is too big, but he did something like that and that's a fact.

If someone have a right to whine again about Snyder even if the topic isn't about him, I can't write about how pointless this is, especially that this discussion was done to death. Let it go. You don't have to put a poster and whine about Superman and Lois not touching, this is hard nerd level of whining as if you all were taking a pleasure in finding any little thing to hate about.

Last edited:
According to a website called Comicbookclublive, the most recent issue of Production Weekly has filming starting March 18 and ending August 2. It's possible to have pre-shooting earlier. Guardians 3 filmed Rocket's flashbacks during pre-shoots to get a head start with the VFX. MOS filmed a stunt sequence involving the school bus crashing over the bridge before the main actors arrived a week later.

Always weird to see new users coming in fist swinging.

Weird is to see people *****ing about 8 years old movie, if someone write to me with passive-agressive tone I won't pretend I don't see it, but ok, nevermind, I'm leaving, short story.

Weird is to see people *****ing about 8 years old movie, if someone write to me with passive-agressive tone I won't pretend I don't see it, but ok, nevermind, I'm leaving, short story.
Don’t go. You make good points. It’s your opinion. You’re allowed to have one. I liked your post.

As did I. Established users aren't royalty. If you take a tone with someone, expect them to take a tone with you. *sbrug* Seems fair.

Get over it, seriously, you'e probably 40 years old, and I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand that Snyder movies were hard alternate universe stories just like Batman: White Knight, it's done and acting like a kid about it having trauma over movie is seriously weird, especially after what? 8 years? If we're talking about BvS.

I'm just pointing out, that it's not like Snyder is the only one changing characters or focusing on other parts of their personality, Gunn made from many serious characters straight up clowns like Drax, Vigilante, Mantis and Adam Warlock, they aren't popular like Superman, but many people cared about them and he didn't, he just put his spin on them and now of course he won't do that because Superman is too big, but he did something like that and that's a fact.

If someone have a right to whine again about Snyder even if the topic isn't about him, I can't write about how pointless this is, especially that this discussion was done to death. Let it go. You don't have to put a poster and whine about Superman and Lois not touching, this is hard nerd level of whining as if you all were taking a pleasure in finding any little thing to hate about.
Gonna make this simple for ya: scathing opinions on a movie or filmmaker’s choices are perfectly allowed here. Personal attacks on your fellow posters are not. If you can’t be civil towards people with opinions you don’t like, you won’t last long here. Tone down the hostility ASAP.

I don’t believe “respecting the IP” and “doing your own thing” is an either/or situation. Snyder’s problem - besides being a generally poor storyteller - wasn’t that he did his own thing, it was that he looked down on the character to begin with. He didn’t understand his appeal (or the appeal of “traditional superheroes” in general) and has admitted as much. That’s just a very bad place to start, when you’re given the keys to a character that already means a lot to several generations of fans. I’m all for filmmakers putting their own spin on things, but when they’re working with characters that don’t belong to them, they have to remember that these characters do already belong to the hearts and minds of millions, so just…don’t s*** all over that.

The creators of My Adventures with Superman ALSO did their own thing with Superman, and they managed to create pure magic that was able to win over skeptical older fans and make new younger fans at the same time. It’s entirely possible to both take a unique creative approach AND respect the IP, and frankly, it’s necessary for a character to be able to evolve and endure as long as Superman has.
Amen to that. I will forever point to MAWS as a shining example of how to get that right!

People are super butt hurt about some of these characters being in it but I am 9000% more interested in Metamorpho than Perry White or Cat Grant or Steve Lombard.

EDIT: You may wonder why I wrote butt hurt like that. The reason being someone, somewhere, in the history of SHH decided that is a nasty word and it has to be censored.

At least we know she can read!

giphy.gif

While they'll probably hold off the suit reveal until the last possible minute, a picture of David and Rachel in costume as Lois & Clark on the first day of filming would be pretty neat
.9061ee8eb214bcb85dfca0708db7eccb.jpg

Unpopular opinion maybe but id honestly like it if the suit is something quite unexpected. Superman's values and characterization doesnt need modernization or deconstruction but things like the suit can be changed up a bit. Personally the Trunks suck and should go but i am not also saying no cape or to make it the T-shirt costume form Morrison's action run. I am just thinking changing it up a bit isnt necessarily a bad thing.

If Brainiac is featured in the DCU i really hope hes the green skinned Coluan alien scientist and not a damn A.I.

Another thing i might change if i were in charge is Krypton's culture and fate. Maybe this is something more befitting an Ultimate Universe take on the character but i'd honestly not be against more Kryptonians being around. But that is definitely more complicated i suppose. If the supergirl movie is successful i hope they can do a cosmic trilogy. Keep her as a space faring heroine. Intro Daxam or better Phaelosians from the recent Action comic run.

Unpopular opinion maybe but id honestly like it if the suit is something quite unexpected. Superman's values and characterization doesnt need modernization or deconstruction but things like the suit can be changed up a bit. Personally the Trunks suck and should go but i am not also saying no cape or to make it the T-shirt costume form Morrison's action run. I am just thinking changing it up a bit isnt necessarily a bad thing.

If Brainiac is featured in the DCU i really hope hes the green skinned Coluan alien scientist and not a damn A.I.

Another thing i might change if i were in charge is Krypton's culture and fate. Maybe this is something more befitting an Ultimate Universe take on the character but i'd honestly not be against more Kryptonians being around. But that is definitely more complicated i suppose. If the supergirl movie is successful i hope they can do a cosmic trilogy. Keep her as a space faring heroine. Intro Daxam or better Phaelosians from the recent Action comic run.
I understand when people say they don't want the trunks, but you are saying no cape? That's wild.

The suit will have red trunks, I know since Gunn "just for fun" made a poll, and I'm not of fun of it, we should go forward, not backwards.

I understand when people say they don't want the trunks, but you are saying no cape? That's wild.
The cape is fine imo (though i do like the idea of no capes for at least a few members of the superfam other than Kon, Don't think Kara or Jon needs one). .Just the Trunks. They are bad.

The suit will have red trunks, I know since Gunn "just for fun" made a poll, and I'm not of fun of it, we should go forward, not backwards.
Focusing on "moving forward" is how you get MCUified overcomplicated costumes.

Trunks just break up the blue very well and are iconic. I'm indifferent over if they're there because I don't think it's that major of a deal, but keeping the trunks is hardly moving backwards for the same reason that Batman having a symbol on his chest ain't

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"