• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Regarding Jor-El and Lara, how do you ya’ll want them to explain why they didn’t come with Kal?...
One scenario that occurred to me (though I don’t claim originality; and it is rather entailed)…

There was a mass exodus plan via a large “space ark” — which would preserve a sample of Krypton’s population. In turn, this ark would escape to safety through an artificial wormhole. (Who gets saved? Who’s left behind to die? And who decides? Drama!). Needless to say, something goes wrong. Perhaps Krypton’s destruction begins sooner than anticipated. As a result, the only spacecraft that makes it through the wormhole (before the wormhole, itself, is destroyed) is Kal-El’s escape pod. So: same basic idea as the classic mythology. Except there’s a reasonably plausible attempt at survival — rather than the notion that only one baby-sized rocket ship exists on all of Krypton.

BTW, call the space ark Argo and that sets up Supergirl’s origin story. :nerdy:

Dune 2 was the best movie I have seen in a long time. It might have taken the best picture award from Oppenheimer if it was not for the strike delaying the movie. We can only hope Superman would make us leave theater feeling this good about the DCU. See that is the type of pressure that we fans put on DC properties.
I haven’t seen Dune: Part Two yet, but I totally agree with you. Many of these comic-book characters are huge cultural icons and deserve much more ambitious films than is the norm.

I THINK YOU MEAN DIAGONAL MAN. :o
Diamondwithabarinthemiddle-Man* :o

I haven’t seen Dune: Part Two yet, but I totally agree with you. Many of these comic-book characters are huge cultural icons and deserve much more ambitious films than is the norm.

Diamondwithabarinthemiddle-Man* :o
Kryptonictrafficsign-man.
You'll believe a man can write a citation!

Hey, while I know FC noticed them right away, I do believe I was the first one to post about them. Also, this guy have them totally wrong. The edges are curved but the corners are sharp (not unlike the MOS shield).
Yeah the yellow edges curve away from the red, so that the yellow edge is thickest toward the middle and thins as it approaches the corners. I don’t know why that seems so hard to recreate, but then I’m not an artist lol.

I will say it seems like this is the only place that has noticed that it may be rounded as every other edit and concept work has had it sharp.

Even one of the artists I spoke to said he thought it might have just been the camera making it look rounded.

I'm not on either side but I am hoping for the more rounded edges.

The thing that's really ****ing me up is that the yellow trim seems much thicker on the right side of the emblem than it does on the left. Even taking perspective into account it's a marked difference to me.

Film editor Jason Ballentine (The Flash, IT, The King’s Man) is working on the movie. He’s added the movie to his resume on his official website.

Hey, while I know FC noticed them right away, I do believe I was the first one to post about them. Also, this guy have them totally wrong. The edges are curved but the corners are sharp (not unlike the MOS shield).
I definitely noticed the curvature when i first saw the photo, i just assumed it was fisheyed by the lens they used to take the picture. But then James Gunn said he took it with his phone so I figured it was probably actually curved

Yeah the yellow edges curve away from the red, so that the yellow edge is thickest toward the middle and thins as it approaches the corners. I don’t know why that seems so hard to recreate, but then I’m not an artist lol.
Oh, so you don't actually think the red and yellow are parallel? I'm not sure about that one, but perhaps

Man, I am hoping for some legitimate leaks here soon because because I am tired of all of these fake leaks. I keep seeing fake leaked photos on social media and all these people commenting who think they are real and forming opinions on the movie based on all the dumb fake stuff.

I’m terrified it’s not going to live up to expectations. But I guess we’ll see. No point worrying until we see

I’m terrified it’s not going to live up to expectations. But I guess we’ll see. No point worrying until we see
I remember fans thinking the same about The Batman with Reeves. Gunn appears to be giving us the Supes that this board has wanting since Man of Steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"