The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

BvS was trying to be something different and much like MOS with a better director or even a better editor could have been something very special. There is a good story in there Snyder just isn't good enough to tell it. A fallen Batman could be an interesting story...but you don't make a Dark Superman to fight a Fallen Batman you need a Boy Scout Superman for that. But Snyder thinks Superman would rise rise above like a God which is just hogwash. Superman and Batman are 2 sides of a coin...yin and yang. A better storyteller gets that. (a better storyteller also kills Superman when people actually like Superman and the death will hurt...not in a sequel in which the world is divided on him)

ZSJL is none of that. It is just Snyder dialing up every criticism of him to 11 and taking out anything charming or heroic from most of the characters in it. It also showed he had basically lied to the fans going back to MOS. Every movie was supposed to be "This is where Superman becomes the Superman you love!" and it just never happens. He is basically just a Deus Ex Machina in this film like he often was in early Justice League stories only back then it was because Superman was too powerful...here it is because Snyder so under-developed him he didn't matter anyways...until as luck would have it the New Gods show up and Batman then needs to revive him. We were told the death meant something, it didn't. He has no fundamental understanding of why the Justice League works, why the New Gods are beyond anything we have seen in film or why people who are sycophants want to watch films. ZSJL is just him trying to make a film of fistbumps and "oooh look its [X] like in the comics!" with none of the context, nuance, back story...etc. A Fourth World Epic is not Harry Potter Book 7 you can't just tell it in 5 hours. One long ADR session is not enough to do any of that justice but hey it looked cool.

Couple that with the fact that the characterizations of say Aquaman and Wonder Woman were much better handled by Wan and Jenkins and you realize that Snyder is the common denominator. When Aquaman makes a billion dollars with a rather mediocre script and generic story beats but Superman struggles to be successful...that tells ya something.

MoS superman was too emo and tried hard to be like The Dark Knight and i actually find that kind of unusual for supes. It works for batman but Supes was supposed to be majestic & lighter in character instead of dark & emo like in MoS.

Also sucked that they killed Superman just on his second movie. It alienated a lot of audience with that zombie supes. Also thought it killed an opportunity for an MoS 2 standalone...

But oh well, just happy that we are getting a reboot. Just hoping for the best.

Posting a Rugby player every day until the suit reveal Day 11:

Jonah-Lomu-048de74.jpg

Ok it is now nearly the end of March. Superman has been shooting for weeks. I am now less annoyed that Gunn seems intent on keeping the suit from us for as long as possible - that's his right - and more extremely annoyed that he is somehow totally succeeding at that goal!

giphy.gif

Thanks for nothing, Atlanta paparazzi! :o

Ok it is now nearly the end of March. Superman has been shooting for weeks. I am now less annoyed that Gunn seems intent on keeping the suit from us for as long as possible - that's his right - and more extremely annoyed that he is somehow totally succeeding at that goal!

giphy.gif

Right there with you. Just hope it's worth the wait!

giphy.gif

Here you go.

GJs4-Bir-W0-AE0p-Cv.jpg

I was wondering whether I'd be unbanned before or after the Superman suit reveal and I guess now I have my answer.

Also I have now seen enough complaints about the collar that now I'm actively hoping he has one. Truthfully, I've got no idea why people are so against it. It could look really well depending on how the rest of the costume looks and most importantly how David looks. From how little we've seen of him his face hasn't changed much despite the "body transformation", so I wouldn't be surprised if his neck still looks somewhat skinny and they need the collar to compensate for it.

I was wondering whether I'd be unbanned before or after the Superman suit reveal and I guess now I have my answer.

Also I have now seen enough complaints about the collar that now I'm actively hoping he has one. Truthfully, I've got no idea why people are so against it. It could look really well depending on how the rest of the costume looks and most importantly how David looks. From how little we've seen of him his face hasn't changed much despite the "body transformation", so I wouldn't be surprised if his neck still looks somewhat skinny and they need the collar to compensate for it.
It is such a weird thing to say that the reason you want something is because you want to see other people unhappy. Is that how you form your opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Netizen95
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"