The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Please James Gunn, you have the ability to make this STOP, make it so

Seriously. My greatest hope is that James Gunn’s Superman movie is so good that I don’t ever again have to read pages and pages of debates over Snyder’s Superman, Singer’s Superman, or Lois & Clark. It will be lovely to never have to think about any of those things again.

Engineer Lana >>>>>>>> Fashion Designer Lana
My Superman reboot would have focused on Clark using his investigating journalism skills in college to help track down what would become the Fortress and his origins as the alien who crashed near Smallville. Lana would have been the main love interest, but they break up in the end because she'd rather remain his friend and fears for her safety with any enemies Clark makes due to his powers and leaves for MIT for her engineering degree. He also begins trying to get a job in Metropolis and learn Star Labs may have more info on the origins of his ship. Intergang are the main antagonist and Clark tries to use his powers to get a major scoop on them to get a job at the Planet. We get Kalibak in the end who tells Bruno Mannheim that his lord is disappointed in his latest investment on Earth and wants to know more about this Superman.

Seriously. My greatest hope is that James Gunn’s Superman movie is so good that I don’t ever again have to read pages and pages of debates over Snyder’s Superman, Singer’s Superman, or Lois & Clark. It will be lovely to never have to think about any of those things again.
I believe in Gunn

You're asking a lot of the Hype there tbh

The gravity of Snyder's interpretations is so powerful and so intrinsically linked to DC as a property in fandom and pop culture that I doubt it'll go away at any point in the near future. It's a massive, defining event in the history of these characters - it sucks, but it is. The DCU's very existence is linked to a chain of events started by Snyder and will probably be primarily discussed in conversation with those movies.

There’s no movie that could achieve this. :funny:

In twenty years randos from the Snyderverse will still be making a killing at conventions. Ray Fisher gonna make a ****ing fortune in autographs, gonna be rolled up by his assistants in a wheelchair to the stage and demand a long deceased Walter Hamada's skeleton be dug up and ground to dust.

Still love Man of Steel and BvS so-

giphy.gif

Is it what everyone would want in Superman? No, not even Donner could achieve that, but I still like a Superman who isn't 100 percent wedded to the world. Even Hoechlin's Superman touches on that.
I'm curious at what point you'd say Tyler's Superman touched on that?

Superman fans who hate Pa Kent being alive have suffered a great loss today which pleases me greatly.

Not exactly my first choice, but I'm curious to see him in the role nonetheless. Martha's casting is probably imminent as well.

He might not be what you see when you think of Pa Kent, but he is what you see when you hear "Farmer dad from Kansas".

I like Pa Kent being alive, but truth be told this doesn't really confirms it as flashbacks are a thing...

What if Gunn actually reversed things and it was actually Martha who had died.
I was seriously thinking the same, minus the Batman part of course. I don't think it's likely but they could go the MCU Spider-Man route and switch it up to Ma Kent being the one who Clark couldn't save. It'd make it different to the previous Superman for sure.

Last edited:
Huh.

I mean, I'm very relieved to see a Pa Kent casting, but all I've seen the guy in is The Mentalist, and it's taking me a minute to wrap my head around him as JK.

I've only seen him in Mississippi Burning, which was admittedly years ago and he wasn't exactly playing a fatherly figure, but I like him. He's a good actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"