The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Posting a rugby player every day until the suit reveal Day 32:

South-Africa-s-flanker-and-captain-Siya-Kolisi-Picture-Franck-Fife-AFP

I'd been hoping they would cast homely looking actors, too.

Last edited:
You can see why the farm is going down. Ma and Pa are so old to run it unless Clark comes down to use his powers to help make crops.
I must say it's nice to see the Kents portrayed by conventionally old or old-looking actors again. This breaks the recent trend, as seen in a number of character portrayals, including Marisa Tomei's Aunt May, Kathryn Hahn's Agatha Harkness, and Howell's own predecessor as Martha, Diane Lane, to cast in favor of younger or younger-looking, more attractive types. Tis a win against ageism in Tinseltown.

I must say it's nice to see the Kents portrayed by conventionally old or old-looking actors again. This breaks the recent trend, as seen in a number of character portrayals, including Marisa Tomei's Aunt May, Kathryn Hahn's Agatha Harkness, and Howell's own predecessor as Martha, Diane Lane, to cast in favor of younger or younger-looking, more attractive types. Tis a win against ageism in Tinseltown.
MILF Martha will still be in my heart!

Someone shared this on Twitter:

Haven't seen her in anything before, but this 110% sold to me that she'll be a great Ma Kent.

I really do love her vibes. Seems like someone who would gladly on a whim welcome you into her home and offer you a glass of lemonade, some cookies and friendly conversation just because she wanted to.

Though, based on the Bill O’Reilly and James Patterson books in her book collection at the beginning, her real life political views might be a little suspect. But, there’s also Harper Lee and John Grisham books in there. Maybe she just likes to be super well informed about what the other side thinks of things. Maybe she just likes to read. I don’t know, maybe I’m just reading too much into it and she’s actually a very stand-up person in real life. :oldrazz:

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 3)

3cb73d74f999d058f01c8ea89af14252c8bdfda6.gifv
I always forget in B&R - outside Uma Thurman's obvious awesomeness - that the assembled amount of hotness included Vivica A Fox, Elle Macpherson and Drew Barrymore. It.. doesn't make the flick worse when rewatching it. Or that's what I've been heard, whatever.

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 3)

3cb73d74f999d058f01c8ea89af14252c8bdfda6.gifv

d3e7e64769f4e7031774b69e2d1d8caac3409141.gifv
Wouldn't this work better in The Batman Part 2 news thread and just make it "posting until we get actual news about The Batman Part 2"? :o

I always forget in B&R - outside Uma Thurman's obvious awesomeness - that the assembled amount of hotness included Vivica A Fox, Elle Macpherson and Drew Barrymore. It.. doesn't make the flick worse when rewatching it. Or that's what I've been heard, whatever.

Drew Barrymore was in Forever

Wouldn't this work better in The Batman Part 2 news thread and just make it "posting until we get actual news about The Batman Part 2"? :o

lego-batman-lego-batman-movie.gif

I don't think the Superman name is irrelevant but I also don't think it's Batman or Spider-Man.
This statement makes me both angry to think about and sad at the same time. You may be right, but I would hope not. Personally, I was starting high school when Keaton did Batman 89, so my childhood was Christopher Reeve as Superman as well as Challenge of the Superfriends. To think of another hero dethroning Superman is just personally tragic to me

Though to my dying breath, the definitive John and Martha Kent will always be the ones from Smallville.

tumblr_p0cxmmZdgS1rahtsio5_400.gif
It’s gonna sound like I’m just saying this because of his politics, but honestly, I was really struck by what an ******* SV’s Jonathan was a lot of the time during my last rewatch.

Like, I kind of feel like Lex going bad was at least 25% percent his fault just for how ****ty he treated him from day one.

O’Toole was always a delight, though.

It’s gonna sound like I’m just saying this because of his politics, but honestly, I was really struck by what an ******* SV’s Jonathan was a lot of the time during my last rewatch.

Like, I kind of feel like Lex going bad was at least 25% percent his fault just for how ****ty he treated him from day one.
Amen. I’m sorry, but that Jonathan was even worse than Costner’s imo. And I thought this before I knew the actor’s politics. What an a-hole he was. Annette’s Martha was lovely…except for the hooking up with Perry White and almost hooking up with Lionel Luthor nonsense. :funny:

Amen. I’m sorry, but that Jonathan was even worse than Costner’s imo. And I thought this before I knew the actor’s politics. What an a-hole he was. Annette’s Martha was lovely…except for the hooking up with Perry White and almost hooking up with Lionel Luthor nonsense. :funny:
I think Schneider had a few bright spots over the years that Costner lacked, but I do feel like being so horrible to Lex when he only wanted to be Clark’s friend might just inch past any of Costner’s failings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"