The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Posting a rugby player every day until the suit reveal Day 33:

rs_1200x1200-210728153447-1200-Ilona-Maher-mp.jpg
Get comfortable. It seems like you might be doing this for some time. :o

giphy.gif

Don't you just love when fans get all pissy about not getting something they only presumed they'd get?

I am all in on #eyebrowgate! Let's goooo!

In this pic of David from last week, the brows were normal, clearly dark and noticeable even when hidden under a cap:
DavidCorenswetApril2024.jpg

As they always are. Boy has strong, dark eyebrows, whether in candids or on screen:

David2023a.jpg
David2023.jpg
davidsuperman-2023.jpeg

But back at the start of shooting, my first thought when Rachel posted that video was, "what's up with his eyebrows?!? They've never been that light before." I finally concluded it was just the lighting, but now I'm convinced it was not!

David Corenswet-rachel-brosnahan-nicholas-hoult-david-corenswet-john-williams.jpg
Davidtoday.jpg

Those are doctored brows, 100%. That's some near-Thor1 nonsense right there. The clone thing's the only explanation I've got, but this is definitely a deliberate choice regardless. It could be that when shooting, they are putting some sort of prosthetics over them or something, too.

Also I'm really enjoying #eyebrowgate and am feeling so grateful that we as a community never fail to entertain ourselves with the mere scraps we recieve 😅
These moments were part of what I was looking forward to when I came back to the Hype! :rofl: We turn morsels into meals.

But back at the start of shooting, my first thought when Rachel posted that video was, "what's up with his eyebrows?!? They've never been that light before." I finally concluded it was just the lighting, but now I'm convinced it was not!
ME TOO! One of the many things I love about David are his rich, dark eyebrows!! When he showed up in Rachel's video I was slightly disappointed because they're not very prominent there. Now we know why!

That photo is not of the real David Corenswet. It's a doppelgänger. Or a modified clone.

Where's the REAL David Corenswet, James Gunn?? Where did you hide him??
It's David Cloneswet. :smile:

Maybe dyed lighter for Ultraman and they add temporary dye for Supes.

Maybe dyed lighter for Ultraman and they add temporary dye for Supes.
I would say if there's temporary dye involved, it's for Ultraman. Considering he's looked normal (with darker hair) when not on set. But I also do not know how temporary dye works at all. :funny:

I am all in on #eyebrowgate! Let's goooo!

In this pic of David from last week, the brows were normal, clearly dark and noticeable even when hidden under a cap:
View attachment 87878

As they always are. Boy has strong, dark eyebrows, whether in candids or on screen:

View attachment 87890
View attachment 87879
View attachment 87880

View attachment 87883
View attachment 87885

Those are doctored brows, 100%. That's some near-Thor1 nonsense right there. The clone thing's the only explanation I've got, but this is definitely a deliberate choice regardless. It could be that when shooting, they are putting some sort of prosthetics over them or something, too.
Now, you've got me wondering if his scalp hair was also lightened or altered in some way (insert your clone theory here) in addition to being dyed black/near-black. It seems strange to me that they would go to the extent of constantly covering it up with a baseball cap just to hide the fact that he has black hair now. I don't know. I'm just spitballing. :funny:

Now, you've got me wondering if his scalp hair was also lightened or altered in some way (insert your clone theory here) in addition to being dyed black/near-black. It seems strange to me that they would go to the extent of constantly covering it up with a baseball cap just to hide the fact that he has black hair now. I don't know. I'm just spitballing. :funny:
Idk, the hair still looked dyed black to me, but they could be giving Ultraman a wig or something, who knows!

I would say if there's temporary dye involved, it's for Ultraman. Considering he's looked normal (with darker hair) when not on set. But I also do not know how temporary dye works at all. :funny:
I assume it's easier to make lighter hair look darker than it is to make darker hair look lighter.

View attachment 87883

It's funny looking back at how this picture seemed strange to me at first, though I wasn't sure why. I ultimately just resigned myself to thinking that he looks a little weird in beanies. :funny:

Maybe his eyebrows look lighter because…he’s sitting in the sunlight???

(Because it’s going to be a long shoot and he needs his strength)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"