The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Gunn probably scheduled all of the outdoor Superman filming towards the end of production (assuming it's not all indoors). He doesn't have to reveal the suit until literally the moment right before. Were not seeing anything until summer at the earliest.

How would ya’ll feel about depowering Supes relative to MOS? With this talk of Ultraman, I’m thinking back to Nuclear Man in S3. Those fights were slower, less extreme, and less destructive than MOS, but IMO, that made them more tangible and the threat more worrisome. Reeves felt like he was in physical danger. The fights felt closer to the sewer fight in TDKR.

All I know is that you can't have Superman and Ultraman throwing each other into occupied buildings and razing Metropolis to the ground during their fight. Because then

tenor.gif

I will say I have way more faith in Gunn than I did Snyder, so there's that.
I've yet to see a Gunn film I didn't like.
There are a number of Gunn films that aren’t my cup of tea. He is often not my preferred style of storyteller.

BUT, I still have infinitely more faith in Gunn than I do Snyder.

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 5)

7b4a048ea931cd878de1ec1f5938daddd5f43271.gifv

dad3fbdfbfef7de914ed6bfb69211681cb52d44f.gifv

I actually got excited for the pictures of David without a hat on, in the Mexico shots, that was enough for me, for now. I don't need to see him in the suit at present, I could be happy to see reporter CK, that would tide me over until summer.

Plus, I am enjoying seeing the posts of........etc until we see David in the suit, does give me something different to look at.

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 5)

7b4a048ea931cd878de1ec1f5938daddd5f43271.gifv

dad3fbdfbfef7de914ed6bfb69211681cb52d44f.gifv
What was the tie-in... I wanna say Domino's...

What's funny is I don't think they had a pizza tie-in, but they did have one for Taco Bell.

I wonder who won the Batmobile.

Yeah my older siblings had these cups growing up. I think they had Freeze and Batgirl. If Taco Bell, then it probably would have been Pizza Hut.

I’m pleased that we might be looking forward to less Snyderbro ****-posting now that defending Rebel Moon is about to become their full-time job.

I’m pleased that we might be looking forward to less Snyderbro ****-posting now that defending Rebel Moon is about to become their full-time job.
I dunno, the only reason I even learned there was another one of those coming out today is because new inane Snyder DC sound bites started appearing on my timeline last night. It is truly the only way they keep him relevant at this point. 🤷‍♀️

I dunno, the only reason I even learned there was another one of those coming out today is because new inane Snyder DC sound bites started appearing on my timeline last night. It is truly the only way they keep him relevant at this point. 🤷‍♀️
Somebody upset she got brainwashed by focus groups. :o

Not relevant to you, but that’s only because you have a normal brain.

To that fandom, Rebel Moon 2 was to be the movie event of the year and RT critics have staged an unwarranted coup on the day of its coronation. That should at least keep them occupied and out of our hair for awhile.

Not relevant to you, but that’s only because you have a normal brain.

To that fandom, Rebel Moon 2 was to be the movie event of the year and RT critics have staged an unwarranted coup on the day of its coronation. That should at least keep them occupied and out of our hair for awhile.
The cult was silent on the film even before its premiere. They're too busy going after the DCU now. :o

I doubt we see any fights in a big population area this time.
I'd like to see a fight out in a isolated area, like a desert with some mountains nearby. Have a DBZ type of fight. Huge craters made and bodies slamming into, and through, mountains.

Last edited:
How would ya’ll feel about depowering Supes relative to MOS? With this talk of Ultraman, I’m thinking back to Nuclear Man in S3. Those fights were slower, less extreme, and less destructive than MOS, but IMO, that made them more tangible and the threat more worrisome. Reeves felt like he was in physical danger. The fights felt closer to the sewer fight in TDKR.
Nuclear Man is Superman 4...Superman 3 is Richard Pryor a robot and drunk Superman!

I wouldn't mind another space fight, like in Superman IV.

Or if it HAS to be in Metropolis, don't have it be exaggerated or drawn out like in MOS.

Kind of like how in the Superman Returns game where instead of him having a health bar, Metropolis does, and the goal is to keep destruction to a minimum.

Just keep the big fights away from people! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"