The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Uh oh. Gunn the Liar alert.
465d7559-0123-43f3-8655-91ff6387957d_text.gif

Well he's hiring children for child versions of adult characters when he said no flashbacks or children are allowed near his set. Liar liar plants for hire.
If time is presented linearly, beginning from Clark’s childhood and then flashing forward, does that count as a flashback? By saying there won’t be flashbacks, maybe he just means the story won’t be nonlinear.

If time is presented linearly, beginning from Clark’s childhood and then flashing forward, does that count as a flashback? By saying there won’t be flashbacks, maybe he just means the story won’t be nonlinear.

I have no clue or real preference but I wasn't being serious. I just know some people will say he's a cold-blooded liar over it which is just funny to me. Hiring kids to portray younger version of characters can be portrayed a dozen different ways so we'll see.

His experiences and disillusionment in the War on Terror are at the heart of his Omega Men series and make it incredibly poignant and relevant. I love that series.

King is one of the best writers out there today. And I want healthy doses of Up in the Sky influencing this theatrical Superman.

You loved his Omega men 12 issue mini too!! :whoa::astonish::highfive:Man, I thought I was the only one. That series is one of the finest comicbooks I've read in....well, ever! I honestly believe that it's a series that elevates comicbooks as a whole and I also believe that Gunn should consider adapting it for the DCU. It has everything, Sci-fi, political intrigue, Green lanterns, weird obscure characters like the Omega men (Gunn loves those) and even Superman is involved somehow (even though he doesn't show up but there is the "what if we could've saved krypton" core to it)

You loved his Omega men 12 issue mini too!! :whoa::astonish::highfive:Man, I thought I was the only one. That series is one of the finest comicbooks I've read in....well, ever! I honestly believe that it's a series that elevates comicbooks as a whole and I also believe that Gunn should consider adapting it for the DCU. It has everything, Sci-fi, political intrigue, Green lanterns, weird obscure characters like the Omega men (Gunn loves those) and even Superman is involved somehow (even though he doesn't show up but there is the "what if we could've saved krypton" core to it)
Omega Men was the book that made me fall in love with Tom King's writing. Absolute masterpiece imo. Also the book that started me on my Kyle Rayner journey, which resulted in him becoming my fave Lantern.

If the DCU actually makes it past its first year or two, I'd actually be pretty shocked if Gunn didn't greenlight an adaptation of it, tbh. It seems like it would be right up his alley, and he's literally got Tom King there as his right hand man, so it just makes sense.

Omega Men was the book that made me fall in love with Tom King's writing. Absolute masterpiece imo. Also the book that started me on my Kyle Rayner journey, which resulted in him becoming my fave Lantern.

If the DCU actually makes it past its first year or two, I'd actually be pretty shocked if Gunn didn't greenlight an adaptation of it, tbh. It seems like it would be right up his alley, and he's literally got Tom King there as his right hand man, so it just makes sense.

I was about to say that @flickchick and I have had some pretty good Omega Men discussions in the comics forum!

I agree that that story is ripe for a film adaptation and it could elevate comic book movie cinema. It is part V for Vendetta, part Animal Farm, part Star Wars with a darker version of Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in.
I see it matching Gunn’s sensibilities well.

Yeah I’m thinking they’re casting those kids for family photos at the farm.
Clark walks in the old farmhouse, both parents have been dead for years.

He wonders around the home, knocking down cobwebs as he goes.
He pulls a dust covered trunk out from a closet.
He slowly opens it. The hinges squeak loudly.

It's full of past childhood memories of his.
Trophies, top of the class awards, etc.

He reaches for a stack of pictures.
He spreads them out on the floor.
nickleback starts to play.
Look at these photographs..... ( lol sorry )

Well he's hiring children for child versions of adult characters when he said no flashbacks or children are allowed near his set. Liar liar plants for hire.
It's so sad that people will definitely scream this if there's any hint of a young version of a character

Personally... I don't care if he is lying. When it comes to keeping spoilers under wraps, I don't think a film maker is under any oath or obligation to be 100% truthful all the time.. or god forbid, change their mind, or have misspoken, or have a different perception etc etc.

People just love finding darts to throw 😔

Central Casting Georgia has them filming in LaGrange, Georgia on June 6th and they're looking for minors to play younger versions of one of the cast members. They mention Caucasian boys with dark hair and light eyes. Six months, three years and six years old. Perhaps LaGrange will be Smallville?
Maybe it's for an All-Star Superman style opening?

It's hard to believe that the first superman film in the DCU wouldn't show some flashbacks of young Clark, so yeah, not surprised.
It may not even be flashbacks.

So now I'm buying this...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iamjonahlobe
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"