The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Clark walks in the old farmhouse, both parents have been dead for years.

He wonders around the home, knocking down cobwebs as he goes.
He pulls a dust covered trunk out from a closet.
He slowly opens it. The hinges squeak loudly.

It's full of past childhood memories of his.
Trophies, top of the class awards, etc.

He reaches for a stack of pictures.
He spreads them out on the floor.
nickleback starts to play.
Look at these photographs..... ( lol sorry )
Now THAT is a needle drop!! :o

As someone who likes Raimi's Spidey movies but also purely views them as jokes the first one ending with Nickelback feels like a hilarious punchline. It's such a dumb, cheesy, earnest song. Totally fits the dumb silly movie.

As someone who likes Raimi's Spidey movies but also purely views them as jokes the first one ending with Nickelback feels like a hilarious punchline. It's such a dumb, cheesy, earnest song. Totally fits the dumb silly movie.
Music does have truly powerful sense memory abilities because I swear anytime I hear that song it takes me straight back to that feeling I had of extreme hype, both for the movie and for graduating high school. It’s kind of insane how palpable that nostalgia is lol.

Music does have truly powerful sense memory abilities because I swear anytime I hear that song it takes me straight back to that feeling I had of extreme hype, both for the movie and for graduating high school, which was also happening that month. It’s kind of insane how palpable that nostalgia is lol.
I unironically actually do get chills from that song 'cause of nostalgia.

For some reason the song says it wasn't Nickelback, but just their lead singer Chad Kreuger who did the song. He also did a song with Satana. Makes me wonder if he was trying to go solo.

For some reason the song says it wasn't Nickelback, but just their lead singer Chad Kreuger who did the song. He also did a song with Satana. Makes me wonder if he was trying to go solo.
It's Chad and the lead singer from Saliva I believe.

BTW Chad is a pretty nice dude.

Posting a rugby player every day until the suit reveal Day 40:

0a351a88f47bf85096cdacc66673ed7b.jpg

So now I'm buying this...

I've never read Omega Men even though I adore Tom King. Time to fix that.
I put Omega Men up there with Mister Miracle and Up in the Sky as Tom King’s best work. (I give Human Target and Vision his honorable mentions). The ending of Omega Men is especially provocative and stays with you.

Now THAT is a needle drop!! :o

I feel the same about Nickelback as everyone else does but if Gunn had the balls for a Nickelback needledrop I would take back everything negative I've said about this whole DCU thing.

If Gunn is lying and we actually have young Clark, then I'm expecting his scenes in the early 00s set to this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"