The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I'm not a big Superman fan or anything, but isn't one of his things that he gets dressed in a flash? Why is he gingerly putting on his boots?
Because the photographer just happened to catch him in the millisecond it took for him to put on his boots.

As someone who likes Raimi's Spidey movies but also purely views them as jokes the first one ending with Nickelback feels like a hilarious punchline. It's such a dumb, cheesy, earnest song. Totally fits the dumb silly movie.
The guitarist in the music video making all these wondrous expressions as he reacts to Spider-Man swinging past them is amazing.

My OCD is also bothered by the fact that the arms have all sorts of seams and line designs on them whereas the legs are plain by comparison (knees excluded).

Just a little change already makes this better

View attachment 89532

Idk about that lol

On the original picture, the color where the light hits on the legs are pretty bright and the red pops. I'm not too worried about the color. The dirtied look adds character to me. The lines aren't great, but the material allows it to work a bit. This plain look on that material looks off to me. The collar isn't too egregious to me either. It's not going up to his chin or anything so I'm not worried about that either.

Just a little change already makes this better

View attachment 89532
Please, don't do this... the high collar really sucks, and your manip proves that.

Man, I'm kinda disappointed. On one hand, we have the trunks returning, which is great. On the other, the phimosis collar really bugs me...

Oh, well...

The new costume looks like the genetic offspring of the following costumes:

latest

(Fabric/Texture)

Tyler-Costume-Supergirl.jpg

(Boots/Cuffs/Yellow Line Around Emblem)

1543319990-tyler-hoechlin-black-superman-suit.jpg

(Collar)

Not sure how I feel about the texturing, the suit isn't doing much for me right now.

I'll probably get dunked on for this, I don't know but I really do think that the Superman suit is pretty much impossible to adapt without looking dumb if you're not just doing the "T-shirt & jeans" look. The classic suit is too flat/simple unless there's some kind of texturing to make everything pop, yet sometimes trying to add more to it just makes it look needlessly busy.

It looks almost CW-y. I get that it's the same costume designer from TSS but that was a very mean-spirited take on the superhero genre, almost felt like it was making fun of all that stuff. It doesn't work for something as sincere as Superman.

I really want to see if Gunn is pushing back on the criticisms of the suit. :hmm:

I really want to see if Gunn is pushing back on the criticisms of the suit. :hmm:

He'll likely say that it's meant to be a tribute of several past designs from the comics with his own spin on it.

Honestly, I can't say that I'm a fan of the costume. From KC inspired emblem to the costume's overall design. I never thought that I'd find myself saying this, but I actually prefer the MOS/BvS costumes.

So they want to start over and show it’s different from the Snyderverse.

And the first official shot is Superman looking depressed in a dirty suit while there is an attack going on outside his window.

Not a hopeful Superman. Not a smiling Superman. The same sullen depressed Superman we got for 3 movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"