The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Don't be lying. You wanted to see David in some tights.

giphy.gif
IMG_4032.gif

Ya’ll would’ve destroyed Snyder for this. Lol Let’s keep it a buck.

I’m sure the suit will look better on camera and in post and whatnot, but as a first look, it looks pretty cheap to me. MOS suit runs circles on this easily. Lawd.
Guy who doesn't like Superman prefers Snyder...shocking!! :o :o:o

The suit aside, what’s the general consensus here about what we see in the background? New Rockstars seemed to think it’s Brainiac, while BobaTalks thinks it’s hinting at Mongul and Warworld. I’m leaning towards Mongul because I think he might be a good one-off, first movie villain, whereas Brainiac is someone you probably want to build towards. I also think that if Dave Bautista is in this movie (and he might be, given some of his cryptic social media posts), Mongul is a role that he would be perfect for.

Also, do we think that one skyscraper is Lexcorp tower? I’m thinking it is. It’s shaped similarly to one design of Luthor’s HQ (which Eric Voss pointed out). Also, it’s the tallest building in the city (as it should be).
1000011738.jpg

:o

Listen, I’m sure the suit will grown on most in time, but Gunn was so close, he was the chosen one, no pun intended. This feels like meh, which is not what a new version of supes needs at this point, it should’ve been more, it was right there and…it feel like a fumble.

This is the thing, this movie doesn't need to be fumbling. The DCU cannot afford it. Gunn needs to be knocking it out of the park at this point with his promotional releases.

The poor reveal doesn't mean the movie is doomed, but this suit reveal did not do this film any favors.

Hopefully he puts out an amazing first trailer, because if that is any way lackluster, oh boy, good luck convincing people to come out in droves to see this film.

Guy who doesn't like Superman prefers Snyder...shocking!! :o :o:o
Guy who is rooting for this movie doesn’t like the suit first viewing. I was one of the first,IF not the first who cast the lead actors here before y’all join the bandwagon and started shaking them flat butts. Also, Snyder did one thing right, it was the suits, I know that is hard thing to agree on these parts of the hype, but it’s the goddamn truth.

This is the thing, this movie doesn't need to be fumbling. The DCU cannot afford it. Gunn needs to be knocking it out of the park at this point with his promotional releases.

The poor reveal doesn't mean the movie is doomed, but this suit reveal did not do this film any favors.

Hopefully he puts out an amazing first trailer, because if that is any way lackluster, oh boy, good luck convincing people to come out in droves to see this film.
Melodramatic much?

So by this standard Fantastic Four is doomed...

Lmao there’s nothing actually cheap about this. Y’all slay me sometimes. It’s designed to look like clothing someone puts on. That is a deliberate stylistic choice. You’re free to hate it, that’s your right, but there’s literally no way this cost any less than the Marvel costumes Markovsky designed, come on. :funny:

This is especially rich coming from those who were wanting old school tights, which actually ARE cheap by comparison to these materials lol.

While I wouldn't categorize myself as being a Trunks purist, I personally feel that there's something off with David's costume.

Maybe the execution got lost somewhere, but I would never believe that David's costume was more expensive to make than Tyler's costume.

SML306a_0489r.jpg

Guy who is rooting for this movie doesn’t like the suit first viewing. I was one of the first,IF not the first who cast the lead actors here before y’all join the bandwagon and started shaking them flat butts. Also, Snyder did one thing right, it was the suits, I know that is hard thing to agree on these parts of the hype, but it’s the goddamn truth.
Hey I said I still love the MOS suit!!

And my butt ain't flat!

While I wouldn't categorize myself as being a Trunks purist, I personally feel that there's something off with David's costume.

Maybe the execution got lost somewhere, but I would never believe that David's costume was more expensive to make than Tyler's costume.

SML306a_0489r.jpg
And that’s just crazy talk to me, because it very obviously is. :funny: I like all of Tyler’s suits but not a single one looks like it cost half of what this one does. I think you’re being fooled by a very deliberate design choice here.

SML306a_0489r.jpg
Do you also believe the Earth is flat? ;):o:o

I love that suit but in the light it looks like pure rubber and the muscles are hilarious! If you think that cost more I don't know what to tell ya.

It is May on '24, and most Americans have short attention spans, by August no one will remember the suit reveal, except 12 people in 6 states. Now if it were May of '25, different story

Hey I said I still love the MOS suit!!

And my butt ain't flat!
Let’s compare this to that Drake v Kendrick

Based on first tracks alone, mos suit wins so far. We still waiting on track 2, motion/teasers etc. Come on dawg, mos took the first round, easy.

I love that suit but in the light it looks like pure rubber and the muscles are hilarious! If you think that cost more I don't know what to tell ya.
Rubber. It looked like a t-shirt while he was talking to his mom through his ex-girlfriend. That is a whole 'nother thing.

Between this and the Kents' casting, I think Gunn has a really tight budget for this movie.
Eh. I'm not sure if its ever really been Gunn's MO to cast big names. So the Superman cast lacking any isn't a huge surprise, IMO.

Ya’ll would’ve destroyed Snyder for this. Lol Let’s keep it a buck.

I’m sure the suit will look better on camera and in post and whatnot, but as a first look, it looks pretty cheap to me. MOS suit runs circles on this easily. Lawd.

It is getting destroyed though?

The cheap talk is absurd to me though. Cause it has folds in it? I don't get it.

Eh. I'm not sure if its ever really been Gunn's MO to cast big names. So the Superman cast lacking any isn't a huge surprise, IMO.
I think most of us wanted Pa to be handsome. No one gonna buy him as Clark's dad! :o

Only when I try vodka.😑

Poor or not, I just can't help but feel something looks off about David's costume. Almost clumsy looking perhaps.

The nonchalant pose doesn't help either.

Melodramatic much?

So by this standard Fantastic Four is doomed...

I didn't say the movie was doomed. I said this reveal did not do the film any favors in getting people super hyped, pardon the pun.

It's already getting the meme treatment online, which is never great and the reaction is divisive, teetering on the negative.

When DC Films are in recovery mode and trying to erase the failure of their last several projects, the last thing they need is a negative response.

But again, a great set of trailers followed by a terrific film will determine the future success of the DCU.

Honest first reaction? I don't hate it but don't quite love it either. The bold blues and vibrant reds definitely stand out. Boots and pants are good enough. The collar isn't ideal, but it's bothering me less than I imagined it would. The shoulder area and sleeves are a little too busy for my tastes, though.

Having said that, Corenswet himself looks great as Superman. I'm digging the hairstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"