The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Late af, but I think the pose is great and immediately differentiates this Superman from any other. The costume is just okay to me so far, but I like the idea behind it. Kind of a workwear, blue-collar vibe.

In general, I like how these first reveals of Supes sort of serve as a commentary on the previous take. Routh's reveal = We know you loved Christopher Reeve, so here's our best attempt at recreating that. Cavill's reveal - This time there will be action. Corenswet's reveal = We get that he's really powerful, but he's also just a regular guy.

I can agree with this concept and I think that's exactly what Gunn was going for. We always said that it's the execution that matters. Gunn was saying one thing, but kind of hiccup'ed on the premise. A Kent Farm, more down to Earth background would have stuck the landing for sure. But just like how the internet works, everything is being blown out of proportion. Hopefully the next reveal will be straight forward and more impactfull.

Last edited:
You inspired me to take a stroll down memory lane - definitely had a better reaction to the MOS suit 😅

View attachment 89660
View attachment 89661

I'm gonna go cringe at my 23 year old self now 😅😬

Link below for anyone curious about their reaction back then.

There's nothing wrong with being excited and hyped. Those were exciting times!

I swear history repeats itself. People were wondering what was going on with Henry's eyebrows in his reveal pic while people complained how dark the photo was and didn't feel Superman enough.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7520714e-4cb7-4f23-a6e0-b6c1d660c61f_480x281.gif

I swear history repeats itself. People were wondering what was going on with Henry's eyebrows in his reveal pic while people complained how dark the photo was and didn't feel Superman enough.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7520714e-4cb7-4f23-a6e0-b6c1d660c61f_480x281.gif

I remember the main gripe being the hair. The hairstyle wasn't even something they went with for the film and felt off. Other than that, I looked at that first reveal thousands of times. The lead up to MoS was good times.

I remember the main gripe being the hair. The hairstyle wasn't even something they went with for the film and felt off. Other than that, I looked at that first reveal thousands of times. The lead up to MoS was good times.
I think people called it a greaser style that made him looked balding?

I swear history repeats itself. People were wondering what was going on with Henry's eyebrow in his reveal pic while people complained how dark the photo was and didn't feel Superman enough.

1000011756.gif

I'm not sure I'd call the image reveal a hiccup or some sort of failure.

I will say that the Cavill/Snyder fans were just foaming at the mouth ready to slam whatever Gunn released. That guy already has opposition that reminds me of the anti-Kathleen Kennedy crowd.

Overall, I will say I think I'm not in the minority when I say I kinda expected a more streamlined, classic look for Superman given Gunn's adherence to such with stuff like The Suicide Squad.

Man, I had forgotten about those days. I've been herolee10 from Bluetights.net to Kryptonsite. It's surreal to think how much has happened since those days.
We're all grown up now!

Well... more grown up anyway 😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"