The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

We're all grown up now!

Well... more grown up anyway 😜

giphy.gif

I know... that's why I decided to mod them. Very satisfying banning *****ebags left right and centre 😅
If it was a Superman subreddit, I'm assuming Supergirl beating Superman in a fist fight, Jon coming out as bi, and Henry coming back and leaving as Superman were fun times there. :hehe:

If it was a Superman subreddit, I'm assuming Supergirl beating Superman in a fist fight, Jon coming out as bi, and Henry coming back and leaving as Superman were fun times there. :hehe:
😂 fortunately it's more recent than all of those wonderful moments in fandom

I'm not sure I'd call the image reveal a hiccup or some sort of failure.

I will say that the Cavill/Snyder fans were just foaming at the mouth ready to slam whatever Gunn released. That guy already has opposition that reminds me of the anti-Kathleen Kennedy crowd.

Overall, I will say I think I'm not in the minority when I say I kinda expected a more streamlined, classic look for Superman given Gunn's adherence to such with stuff like The Suicide Squad.
That was always going to be the case. It's kind of pointless to even acknowledge the extreme because that type of behavior was expected. Ironically, Snyder fans should like it because what we got wasn't Reeve-like, full of color and a smiling Superman. What we got was something completely opposite of what we all expected.

I just think it's blown out of proportion, but that's what fans do. Nothing has ever changed in this rendezvous. Snyder fans aside, the reaction to the reveal has been the same. It was just an interesting way to debut a highly anticipated moment. The memes are already in full force. I don't think it's a failure, it could have just been presented differently but it is what it is. I happen to enjoy it. The next official photo needs to show how the trunks look for sure and have David standing to see how things truly look.

Regarding of the weird folds or whatever, I'm reminded of this Gunn quote from the TSS press tour: James Gunn: ‘If superhero movies don’t change, it’s gonna get really boring’

“I was always influenced by Dave Gibbons art and Alan Moore’s Watchmen where the costumes didn’t fit the superheroes perfectly, and they had a little bit of a paunch. They weren’t all perfect bodies; they weren’t all beautiful. When they fought, they were kind of getting in the stupid Bartleby thing of getting into bar fights."

Of course in Superman's case he does have a perfect body and he's probably not gonna get into bar fiths but you can see how he's still clinging onto that type of logic.
He’s , imo, invoking a lot Frank Quitely’s art.

He has a way of framing movement in a in-between pose.

So if that is indeed Solaris, what do people think of this theory going around that the suit looking baggy is because Superman is robbed of his power here.

Sure, I completely agree that the suit looking baggy still might not make the best first impression, whether it fits the story or not, but it's interesting to consider.
Nah.

I think it’s simply Gunn wants to have the actor be able to move freely. Gunn likes to get stuff on-camera without CGI as much as possible.

One of the things I’ve hated about recent Superman costume is how stiff he’s become.

Reeve and Cain Supermen could just sit comfortably hunched over like a normal person even in the costume.

Like the difference between a CGI Spidey jumping and swinging vs Garfield’s Spider-man doing backflips and swinging in live action

I know... that's why I decided to mod them. Very satisfying banning *****ebags left right and centre 😅
Short story but I was told by someone on there that I was in love with scoopers because I gave DanielRPK credit for admitting that he was wrong on something over at the DCULeaks subreddit. Needless to say, I haven't seen that person on there for awhile so maybe you're the one who banned them lol.

I'm not sure I'd call the image reveal a hiccup or some sort of failure.

I will say that the Cavill/Snyder fans were just foaming at the mouth ready to slam whatever Gunn released. That guy already has opposition that reminds me of the anti-Kathleen Kennedy crowd.

Overall, I will say I think I'm not in the minority when I say I kinda expected a more streamlined, classic look for Superman given Gunn's adherence to such with stuff like The Suicide Squad.
I know many here and beyond would love nothing more than for the narrative to be that the dislike is mostly or only fueled by Snyder fans or fans of Man of Steel. Heck, I'm a Man of Steel fan and I think the suit looks fine. Good, not great.

But when you've got the likes of Forbes writing articles saying that the image looks like AI, that narrative doesn't fly.

James Gunn’s First ‘Superman’ Image Looks Like AI, And The Suit Doesn’t Fit

Short story but I was told by someone on there that I was in love with scoopers because I gave DanielRPK credit for admitting that he was wrong on something over at the DCULeaks subreddit. Needless to say, I haven't seen that person on there for awhile so maybe you're the one who banned them lol.
Lol sadly not, but glad there's people doing good work all over reddit 😅

Wow I've been here since 2006 and I don't know or recognize anybody. I'm ashamed.

Same. :whoops:
I officially joined in 2013 but I'm actually reading the forum almost daily since summer/fall 2007. I recently went back to some old threads I was following. Not much names still there.
That board has seen some generations of fans!

I know many here and beyond would love nothing more than for the narrative to be that the dislike is mostly or only fueled by Snyder fans or fans of Man of Steel. Heck, I'm a Man of Steel fan and I think the suit looks fine. Good, not great.

But when you've got the likes of Forbes writing articles saying that the image looks like AI, that narrative doesn't fly.

James Gunn’s First ‘Superman’ Image Looks Like AI, And The Suit Doesn’t Fit
Even perusing these forums for more than 2-3 minutes will easily dispell the idea that it's only or mainly Snyder fans doing the suit down lol. Snyder fans are always the whipping boys, no matter the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"