• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

With Supergirl getting a confirmed release date of June 2026 it is safe to say Supergirl will be the 2nd movie in the DCU slate of films since Superman is set to come out July 11th, 2025

And with that I hope we do get a mid or post credits scene in Superman that builds towards Supergirl which would make sense because you build up excitement towards a shared universe that way
Starting the DCU with the last sons of Krypton!

Sorry, I speak 4 languages but English is not my main language.
My mistake.

Are they really the last children? What about Kandor? :questioning:
giphy.gif

I'm really surprised there wasn't outdoor filming this week*. I guess Gunn really did pick a random Monday for no clear reason. :funny:

*unless it was delayed due to weather. Looks like it's been pretty awful in that part of the country this week.
Yeah, it's hard to say. I mean, he's definitely the type to just drop it randomly for the sake of being unpredictable. But you may be right about the weather being a possible deterrent. Let's see what happens in the coming weeks! :awesome:
New theory: Maybe Gunn wanted to get the image out there before it was leaked from the company's upfront presentation today.

WBD-upfront.jpg

With Supergirl getting a confirmed release date of June 2026 it is safe to say Supergirl will be the 2nd movie in the DCU slate of films since Superman is set to come out July 11th, 2025

And with that I hope we do get a mid or post credits scene in Superman that builds towards Supergirl which would make sense because you build up excitement towards a shared universe that way

yes as they have no other films in production yet to meet a 2026 release date

New theory: Maybe Gunn wanted to get the image out there before it was leaked from the company's upfront presentation today.

WBD-upfront.jpg
This is exactly what it was. A total studio power move to get this reveal ready for this event (an event that typically is for television, shows, etc) so this was a big indication how onboard the studio is behind Gunn and Superman. This is it. Time to get onboard now.

I liked the reveal of the suit by Gunn on twitter but that big picture they used for the Upfronts makes David look like best Superman in live action. You actually see the suit in more detail. The damage is very noticeable. Superman seems to be getting ready to save the world. The picture is not a sad Superman but a determined one. Love it. David is a massive Superman.

I liked the reveal of the suit by Gunn on twitter but that big picture they used for the Upfronts makes David look like best Superman in live action. You actually see the suit in more detail. The damage is very noticeable. Superman seems to be getting ready to save the world. The picture is not a sad Superman but a determined one. Love it. David is a massive Superman.
The moment David utters one word out his mouth as Superman or even Clark, there will be no mistaken how he was born for Superman. He's a great actor and I agree, is massive enough to even fill out a baggy suit.

For me, the bigger picture on that screen makes it looks like he's sleeping. But I'm already looking past the reveal and moving on. I'm looking forward to the title wave of marketing we're bound to get in these coming months..or maybe even weeks.🤞

Well, all I can say is that I hope everything else about the film is either good or great. If it weren't for some of the castings (e.g., David, Rachel), I would've probably lost most of my interest in this film by now.

My friend said it best the other day: "It looks like David borrowed someone else's cosplay costume." I just can't get over how bad the costume looks. From David's hair to the emblem itself, I can't find one thing that I love or like at all. I would rank it as one of the ugliest cinematic costumes that I've seen and that's saying a lot.

Nevertheless, I believe David has the skills needed to make people buy into his performance as Superman.

Well, yes. Given that Gunn decided to release this image at the upfronts, it makes sense that he’d preview a pristine copy of it. But this doesn’t mitigate the criticisms that some have expressed in terms of a “first impression.” Presumably, there was a selection of images (from which) Gunn might have chosen.

But this doesn’t mitigate the criticisms that some have expressed in terms of a “first impression.” Presumably, there was a selection of images (from which) Gunn might have chosen.
I'm not following. Was that something someone suggested?

Well, all I can say is that I hope everything else about the film is either good or great. If it weren't for some of the castings (e.g., David, Rachel), I would've probably lost most of my interest in this film by now.

My friend said it best the other day: "It looks like David borrowed someone else's cosplay costume." I just can't get over how bad the costume looks. From David's hair to the emblem itself, I can't find one thing that I love or like at all. I would rank it as one of the ugliest cinematic costumes that I've seen and that's saying a lot.

Nevertheless, I believe David has the skills needed to make people buy into his performance as Superman.
1715854830011.gif

WB had too many cooks in the kitchen spoiling the soup with their own ingredients.
I don’t know. I’d say it all rests on the head chef who they gave the keys to the kitchen to on day one who doomed the DCEU. Then the blueprint was still there to rush a Justice League (with plans to turn Superman into an even bigger murderer than he already was shown to be.)

IMG_4249.gif

One of the hopes that I have for the DCU:

I really hope that we get away from the mid and post credits trend that Marvel started. It’s no longer innovative or fresh and it is very rarely well executed anymore.

Worst of all, when DC does it, it sends a message that they are trying to copy Marvel’s brand rather than doing their own thing.

You want to do something fresh, while copying the OG? Pull a Ferris Bueller and have an entire scene play (ala Ed Rooney taking the bus) while the credits are rolling. Now that I’d get behind.

I really hope that we get away from the mid and post credits trend that Marvel started. It’s no longer innovative or fresh and it is very rarely well executed anymore.

Worst of all, when DC does it, it sends a message that they are trying to copy Marvel’s brand rather than doing their own thing.

You want to do something fresh, while copying the OG? Pull a Ferris Bueller and have an entire scene play (ala Ed Rooney taking the bus) while the credits are rolling. Now that I’d get behind.
Even The Suicide Squad had a mid and post credits scene. I wouldn't be surprised if Gunn kept the mid and post credits stuff going. It was actually nice, I feel, that DCEU films like Man of Steel, BvS, and Wonder Woman didn't have mid or post-credits scenes, even though the audience had been trained to wait for them.

But I expect DCU films to have them in some form.

I still think DC and Gunn can do mid and post credits scenes for each DCU film or TV show in production but they just have to be smart about it or it has to have meaning towards building to something

This is exactly what it was. A total studio power move to get this reveal ready for this event (an event that typically is for television, shows, etc) so this was a big indication how onboard the studio is behind Gunn and Superman. This is it. Time to get onboard now.
I dont think it was a power play, I think it was part of the plan and Gunn knew about it all along. If it was a power play the picture would seem more rushed or forced. This picture is what Gunn wanted us to see.

I still think DC and Gunn can do mid and post credits scenes for each DCU film or TV show in production but they just have to be smart about it or it has to have meaning towards building to something
I’m still coming to grips with the whole idea of DC “building toward something.” I am so over and done with the concept of shared universes at this point. I find them to be a convoluted and tired concept. I just want good movies, and not gimmicks.

But I’m probably in the minority on that and I’m sure others are glad to get a DCU that’s interconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"