Falcon and Winter Soldier The Falcon and the Winter Soldier General Discussion

It's interesting seeing Mackie's career pre-MCU to post-MCU debut. I kinda miss him doing indie films like She Hate Me. It was nice seeing him in Detroit Triple Nine a few years ago. He's not an A-lister but he gives good performances when he shows up in stuff.

Plus gotta give respect for a Louisiana born and bred guy doing it BIG!

I tried rewatching the series but outside of a few fun scenes, it doesn’t have the rewatch factor that WandaVision had. The Zemo scenes are great. And the chemistry of the leads still work. And Walker’s descent is even more tragic. But still want to stab my eyes out when Karlie Morgenthau is on screen and Sharon’s storyline makes even less sense now.

When's the earliest we might find out if they do a season 2 or whether Mackie will actually star in a Captain 4

I tried rewatching the series but outside of a few fun scenes, it doesn’t have the rewatch factor that WandaVision had. The Zemo scenes are great. And the chemistry of the leads still work. And Walker’s descent is even more tragic. But still want to stab my eyes out when Karlie Morgenthau is on screen and Sharon’s storyline makes even less sense now.

WandaVision is definitely more rewatchable and you can just pick a random episode of that series not even in order and enjoy it purely as an episode of a sitcom for that value alone.

Jaiden Kaine as Young Isaiah Bradley
MV5BMTU0MjYxNzM1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjEzNDUxNDE@._V1_.jpg

What's weird about this is that I find these 2 scenes "less violent" than the scene with Walker killing that Flagsmasher in the next episode.

What's weird about this is that I find these 2 scenes "less violent" than the scene with Walker killing that Flagsmasher in the next episode.

Someone on Reddit explained this:

I think people will overreact (shocker /s) but this isn't that big of a deal. It's two very minor scenes (both of which are forgettable and 99.9% of people watching wouldn't even notice the changes), and the significant scenes of violence (John Walker killing that dude & the shield being bloody) are still there.

This could just be Disney+ messing around with their content to try & have a "family friendly" version, and a more mature version, depending on the parental limitations that were just introduced into the Disney+ app (after the Netflix shows were added)

Someone on Reddit explained this:
While I do agree that when watching the show before these changes or after these changes there is not some huge difference in viewing experience, I do think it sets a very bad precedent. This shows that Disney is willing to censor these shows after the fact and they can do so whenever they like. Sure, the John Walker scene is left intact so far, but if these changes are considered acceptable that leaves the door open to them changing that too whenever they want. And the same goes for any show or movie they have on the platform. I think with the D+ exclusive shows it's particularly egregious because they do not get a physical release, nor are they made available anywhere else meaning that the original version is now no longer available anywhere. Everything could get the George Lucas special editions treatment at any time without warning and fully replace the only version available.

And if they want to give some of their stuff the "Once Upon A Deadpool" treatment that's fine with me, as long as they let you pick what version to watch. As it stands, the censored version is now the only one available regardless of parental controls and other account settings as well as whether or not Star is available in the region. Disney+ is also not very good with allowing different versions in the first place. I've been incredibly annoyed at how their animated movies like Tangled, Moana, Onward, Raya, Encanto etc. have text in the movie (on books, posters, billboards and character handwriting) translated to the local language for the area you're watching from regardless of what language you choose to watch the movie in.

It's also bound to create continuity errors (for example the blood on Wilfred Nagel is still visible in the next scene)

Last edited:
Having finally watched this series...I hope that explosion is effectively the end of the Flag Smashers because wow, those were terrible villains and the series tries too hard to make you sympathize with Karli. That seemingly fine time during the Snap certainly clashes with the more dismal look Scott had when he walked through town after coming out of the Quantum Realm in Endgame.

The series itself? It was fine. Had some good moments and I think Walker could've easily worked as the central and only antagonist, but the Flag Smashers were just terrible.

Having finally watched this series...I hope that explosion is effectively the end of the Flag Smashers because wow, those were terrible villains and the series tries too hard to make you sympathize with Karli. That seemingly fine time during the Snap certainly clashes with the more dismal look Scott had when he walked through town after coming out of the Quantum Realm in Endgame.

The series itself? It was fine. Had some good moments and I think Walker could've easily worked as the central and only antagonist, but the Flag Smashers were just terrible.

Didn't you hear that the sequel to Thunderbolts is called Thunderbolts vs the Flag Smashers? :o

Being fair, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the villains deciding that terrible thing is not actually terrible. The show just did a bad job at giving enough actual development to the Flagsmashers, such that you could understand them believing this. The show clearly *wanted* you to sympathize with them, as villains but villains where you could understand how they ended up that way, and I can even see how that could be made to work. It just. . . needed to not be splitting script and screen time with *three other unrelated antagonists*.

If they really wanted the Flagsmashers to be the main villain of the season, they needed to cut out basically the entire Power Broker subplot, and sigh, also cut out most of Zemo. Which I hate to say, since I loved Zemo and he was some of the best stuff in the show, but he's extremely tangential to the main plotline. Give him a Lecter scene or two, but no jailbreak and no episodes revolving around him, he stays in prison until the next season.

( This would not be my *preferred* way to rewrite the show, mind. My preferred way would actually be to cut the *Flagsmashers*, reducing their role to essentially a one episode storyline of "A bunch of idiot amateur terrorists get their hands on super serum", as a way to introduce the actual main storyline of the show: "The mysterious Power Broker is selling bootleg superserum to anyone with cash". The main arc of the show is essentially 'Investigate this Power Broker by tracking down and beating up the Evil Serum Buyer Of The Week', with Team Walker being the rival investigators, and Zemo still being the Hannibal Lector Info Source. )

My wife and I originally watched the series as it came out....waiting week after week for a new episode. We liked the series, but felt like it dragged. Today we binge watched the complete thing....and felt like it was ten times better. The series went from pretty darn good to damn great to us.

My wife and I originally watched the series as it came out....waiting week after week for a new episode. We liked the series, but felt like it dragged. Today we binge watched the complete thing....and felt like it was ten times better. The series went from pretty darn good to damn great to us.
Yeah I thought the series was pretty great and I don’t get the dislike. Still my favorite MCU Disney+ series and Moon Knight as well.

Falcon And The Winter Soldier being one of the first Disney+ shows, looking back I feel like they put a lot of effort into making it cinematic and keeping the high standard of the movies in a way (most of) the other shows never did. This one and Loki are up there in terms of being as great as their movies.
I haven't rewatched any of the shows so far, but those two are easily at the top of the list.

I haven't rewatched any of the other series yet. I hope they turn out like this one. This will now be rewatched again sometime soon. It's up there with the Captain America movies, which are my top likes.

I haven't rewatched any of the other series yet. I hope they turn out like this one. This will now be rewatched again sometime soon. It's up there with the Captain America movies, which are my top likes.
I enjoyed it, but I had the luxury of being able to binge it. I think it would have been too slow otherwise. I'd be happy if there was another season. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"